It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of My Biblical Interpretation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The use of the word sea is used to cover many things. Kinda like saying cloth. It can cover many topics. My view is that the water is what seperates the planets. We see it as empty space when we look up but when we look out at the ocean we are looking at the same thing just in a different reality.

Yes, yes, thats what I am getting at. Even time exists from these "waters".

In our science, some bright minds have concluded that the speed of light is a "constant" or some kind of "building block" for matter. They may very well be right.

We know that light broken down into its spectrum looks like a rainbow. Perhaps there is some meaning to these verses.

Psalm 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Genesis 9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

Ezekiel 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
One other thing I would like to add is that if you draw a mental picture of the four rivers which stems from the one that issues from Eden (next to the throne), you see a pyramid with God at the top. If all creation is made from those four rivers, then the four corners ( sides)represent time, and the bottom ( or sea) represents expanse. And it gets even more interesting when we throw in this :

Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Revelation 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

You see, the verse just above is telling you a "code" for figuring out more in other parts of the bible. "Mountains" and "Islands" are where matter gathered together within the "sea" or "firmament". I can go into more detail here, but I dont want to make it more difficult.

Now, back to the mental "pyramid" formed by the four rivers. Check out this verse:

Matthew 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

The capstone is the stone the builders rejected. It is the representation for God, because he is at the convergence of the four rivers. The builders reject him and await for their god to place on the capstone....We see this is true because of this:

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

edit on 9-9-2014 by magnecore because: add a word

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
And even more interesting are these verses:

Isaiah 40: 21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Now this is very cool because the bible is actually saying there are others "inhabitants" out there! Doesnt necessarily say "man", but there are definitely others out there in the "sea"!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Now remembering my analogy to the pyramid, and that under the throne there are four rivers that form this pyramid, and that time starts at the separation of the one river that issues from Eden ( throne), and the expanse is growing at the bottom of the pyramid, and that these four rivers are the same metaphorically speaking as the four angels under the throne that are holding up this "firmament", or "sea".

Let us delve farther into Revelation and what will happen to this "sea".

Revelation 7: And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Revelation 21: 21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eloheim

originally posted by: Eliyahu
In the Torah, the original word for heaven...Shamayim שמים generally translated as sky has of course a deeper meaning...
Notice the occurrence of the word Mayim ....this means water..
biblehub.com...

So the word shamayim (sky-water) implies the duality of sky and water which is alluded to in this verse:

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
-And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so"

Something 'clicked' for me recently along these lines that made me see this part of the creation narrative in new light. The idea that before anything there were primordial waters, and that heavens are a great sea above mirroring the regular earthly sea 'below,' is an element shared among various near-eastern mythological cosmologies. Very interestingly (to me at least
), this is the same concept that gave birth to the well-known Apkallu fish-people of Sumerian tradition, that are popular on these boards!

It also led me to a greater understanding of the biblical Flood story (another piece of evidence with well-known near-eastern roots), which came to me while watching the new 'Noah' movie the other day. A great deluge of water makes perfect sense for the purpose of a (near) universal 'Re-creation,' when it's seen as reversal of God's separation of the 'waters above,' from the 'waters below,' to create earth on the second day. Then the receding of the waters afterwards becomes a 'second creation,' allowing for a fresh start for what had been corrupted.

I'm surprised this connection isn't pointed at more often, as it explains God's choice of flood as his destruction mechanism, and (maybe even more importantly) helps lend some understanding to what is otherwise (for me at least) a relatively mystifying part of the creation narrative!

Peace

Shalom...very thoughtful response....
What do you think of the rainbow as a covenant to not flood again..?
It seems like global flooding could be likely in the future....possibly a misinterpretation?

"Never again will floodwaters kill all living creatures; never again will a flood destroy ... The seal of this covenant was the rainbow, which, it is likely, was seen in the ... prevailing; God then shows this seal of the promise, that it shall not prevail."
edit on 991414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If Jesus is The One True Teacher as Matthew 23:10 and Matthew 23:8 says, then the best interpretation of The Bible would be to start with The Words of Christ.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Spirit discerns everything. Nobody will find out what these visions actually represent without it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join