It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of My Biblical Interpretation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is some information I have found from the bible. Many try to comprehend the visions of Ezekiel and John. But to properly understand, you must put them in perspective. This perspective starts by understanding that all God created in the beginning is spread out under the throne. If we follow along with what happens there, we can apply the information accordingly.

First thing to remember is the entire creation is at Gods feet. Second is the word "waters" usually has a more significant meaning than H2O. Understanding these two things will help unlock the harder to understand verses in the bible.

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Now in Ezekiel and Revelation we get a glimpse of this "footstool".

Ezekiel 1:25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

This "firmament" is at Gods feet. It is his footstool. It is the "sea of glass" or "terrible crystal". This is all of creation. All the elements are contained therein.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: magnecore

Interesting, I wish you would continue. I don't feel as though you have completely finished your thoughts on this. I like where you're going though.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Ok, Ill try to lay this out in a straight foward manner. main thing is key words. A concordance or online search helps me. Now I do understand that I am not reading Hebrew or whatever the bible was originally written in. But I do think it was translated as closely as they could get.

If we can agree that all this universe/multiverse/all elements and so forth are in front of the entity (god) that created it, we can see that might be just what Ezekiel and John were witnessing. In both books there is this "sea of glass" described. And it seems there are four beings or spirits that have some work to do involving said "firmament".

Ezekiel1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings............and it goes on to describe them.......and then we see they are the "foundations" for this "firmament", which is the " terrible crystal", "or sea of glass".

Now this is also in Revelation but described just a little differently:

Revelation4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Now, what I am getting at, and what I can elaborate on a little more is, that these beasts are the foundations of all elements and time. Whats more is they have quadrants they work in, there is also a hierarchy, which is what the eyes in the wheels represent, some sort of "watchers".

Once you make the connection of a few more clues, you see that the four rivers in Genesis are actually the four beasts that hold apart creation.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ezekiel 1:25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

For all we know this is simply an eyewitness report of someone standing in the bowels of an aircraft carrier or hanger, with modern combat aircraft stored there, "wings folded".

The thrones are cockpits, the figures on them maintenance personnel or pilots, the firmament, ceiling lighting. (a voice, the intercom)

While we today may take these things for granted, people that lived in "Biblical times" couldn't possibly have a clue what they were "seeing".
edit on 7-9-2014 by intrptr because: additional in parenthesis

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

For all we know this is simply an eyewitness report of someone standing in the bowels of an aircraft carrier or hanger, with modern combat aircraft stored there, "wings folded".

The thrones are cockpits, the figures on them maintenance personnel or pilots, the firmament, ceiling lighting. (a voice, the intercom)

While we today may take these things for granted, people that lived in "Biblical times" couldn't possibly have a clue what they were "seeing".

I doubt it, as the words take on meaning that fits together with other biblical accounts. Please keep following along before you judge what Im saying.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Please keep following along before you judge what Im saying.

Sorry, I don't follow you.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Ok, cool, but if you could fill in a couple more blanks, for one thing I'd like you know where you get the term "terrible crystal". I've never heard that before. Also, if you could fill in some of the more clues you mentioned I'd like to consider that. I really don't see where we can take the kind of Hal Lindsay approach with these prophesies that imagine the locusts as helicopters and so forth... I just think it's a stretch. I realize that they would be describing what they saw in terms they understood, but I don't agree with everything I've read in that vein. Some things, but not all.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So here we have four "spirits" of some sort who have a "firmament" or "sea of glass" resting on them ( they are the foundations" or "four corners".

We can make the connection that they are somehow attached to the "creator" because of this:

Ezekiel 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

And here is another reference:

Zechariah 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.

Revelation 4: 8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Ok, cool, but if you could fill in a couple more blanks, for one thing I'd like you know where you get the term "terrible crystal". I've never heard that before. Also, if you could fill in some of the more clues you mentioned I'd like to consider that. I really don't see where we can take the kind of Hal Lindsay approach with these prophesies that imagine the locusts as helicopters and so forth... I just think it's a stretch. I realize that they would be describing what they saw in terms they understood, but I don't agree with everything I've read in that vein. Some things, but not all.

Ezekiel 1:22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

This is the "firmament" created in Genesis.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Isn't the firmament talking about the continents? You know, separating the waters?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In Genesis, a "river" flows from the Eden into the garden where it parts in four.

Genesis2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

We get more information on what this really is in Revelation. The river is the water of life:

Rev 22: 1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

This is the same river that flows from Eden and parts into four. Why is this? Because the tree of life is right there where it was in Genesis.

Rev22: 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The "waters" are the building blocks of space. Perhaps think of them as "threads".

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Remember the first post I mentioned "waters" represented more than just H2O?

Psalm 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Thanks! I'm going to have to get back into my studies. I've been away too long.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thats OK, Im hoping maybe you or some others can pick up on this and break it down even further.

Once you understand what the "sea" means in many verses, you can crack many mysteries in the bible.

For example, we find this in 2Peter3: 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

This is the "lake of fire" spoken of in Revelation.......the "sea" in destruction.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

More proof that this is what Peter was talking about ..........

2Peter 3:7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Isaiah 27:1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Psalm 104:26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

Job 1:7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think Ezekiel saw a kind of angel known as a Throne.

The Thrones are portrayed as wheels with eyes.

The Thrones

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So here we have four "spirits" of some sort who have a "firmament" or "sea of glass" resting on them ( they are the foundations" or "four corners".

We can make the connection that they are somehow attached to the "creator" because of this:

Ezekiel 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

And here is another reference:

Zechariah 6:5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.

Revelation 4: 8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

But the universal law of mathematics created by "God" doesn't fit with your calculations...I will say however they are interesting, but still don't fit...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In the Torah, the original word for heaven...Shamayim שמים generally translated as sky has of course a deeper meaning...
Notice the occurrence of the word Mayim ....this means water..
biblehub.com...

So the word shamayim (sky-water) implies the duality of sky and water which is alluded to in this verse:

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
-And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so"

The Hebrew letter mem also stands for water and is symbolic in the name Myriam

en.wikipedia.org...(given_name)

I personally believe that the Book of Ezekiel is basically the account of an ancient psychedelic "breakthrough" experience...
and that doesn't mean I think it was just a hallucination or in any way imagined...

And that's my two cents on the matter.....

edit on 8-9-2014 by Eliyahu because: no reason just a rhyme

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eliyahu
In the Torah, the original word for heaven...Shamayim שמים generally translated as sky has of course a deeper meaning...
Notice the occurrence of the word Mayim ....this means water..
biblehub.com...

So the word shamayim (sky-water) implies the duality of sky and water which is alluded to in this verse:

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
-And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so"

Something 'clicked' for me recently along these lines that made me see this part of the creation narrative in new light. The idea that before anything there were primordial waters, and that heavens are a great sea above mirroring the regular earthly sea 'below,' is an element shared among various near-eastern mythological cosmologies. Very interestingly (to me at least
), this is the same concept that gave birth to the well-known Apkallu fish-people of Sumerian tradition, that are popular on these boards!

It also led me to a greater understanding of the biblical Flood story (another piece of evidence with well-known near-eastern roots), which came to me while watching the new 'Noah' movie the other day. A great deluge of water makes perfect sense for the purpose of a (near) universal 'Re-creation,' when it's seen as reversal of God's separation of the 'waters above,' from the 'waters below,' to create earth on the second day. Then the receding of the waters afterwards becomes a 'second creation,' allowing for a fresh start for what had been corrupted.

I'm surprised this connection isn't pointed at more often, as it explains God's choice of flood as his destruction mechanism, and (maybe even more importantly) helps lend some understanding to what is otherwise (for me at least) a relatively mystifying part of the creation narrative!

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The use of the word sea is used to cover many things. Kinda like saying cloth. It can cover many topics. My view is that the water is what seperates the planets. We see it as empty space when we look up but when we look out at the ocean we are looking at the same thing just in a different reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join