It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: The 'Sovereign Citizen Movement' is The Greatest Threat To American Security

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

No. I can't agree. Even the lying elites, have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty by jury.

Now, after that, if they are convicted, we can talk about application of capital punishment, depending on the crime.

Anything less, is hypocritical.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Probably not truthful stories. Our media has a bad track record right now. Smear campaign does come to mind. Remember, terrorists are now under every stone, and in every computer. It is the new 21st century Satan.

Wack jobs are wack jobs. What they claim, I do not care. I could claim to be Jimmy Johnson. Does that make it so?

No, actions speak lower than words. They would not qualify in my opinion. They align more with anarchists.

It has to do with Scalia's 1992 ruling on a special function of Common Law.

Real Sovereign's, are calling for a return to lawful governance, not anarchy.

Or, in other words, the exact opposite as the media is portraying them right now.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I doubt that these stories are entirely untruthful. Look on these forums themselves and you can frequently see conjoined views of anti-police and anti-federal government in the same individuals. That's not to say that those individuals are going to run out and do such violent activities; however, it is an indicator of a current thread of belief/opinion within a portion of the public. It takes that "other" factor of extreme radicalism or just flat out insanity to actually instigate such violence.

Unfortunately, any group, especially those groups with very divergent views from the norm, is going to attract nutters and/or extremists. That's reality. That the press has a tendency of leaping on those engaging in such activities isn't anything new under the sun. The press almost always jumps on the frightening, shocking, and the violent to paint a group with a broad brush whether it's broken windows during the Civil Rights Movement, a handful of looters at Ferguson, graffiti/damage at an Occupy Site, or an anarchist within the lot of *insert movement name here* that starts a fire in a trash can. It's just how they roll and it's been that way for at least a hundred years from what I can tell. Same thing occurred in the press during the Red Scare.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Dear Alice,

Again, I agree. It is unfortunate a certain segment of public is advocating for unlawful violence against our fellow citizens. As you can see in my post above, I do not agree with that mentality.

I would NOT consider those people in those news articles, part of any legitimate "sovereign citizen movement". Which, is why I think they are misleading the public intentionally. I only use that label in quotes, because of a lack of better terminology to use. "We the People", simply is no longer appears to be enough for others to understand.

Besides, when you get down to the nuts and bolts, I don't see how you can have a movement, when that is just simply the way it was, already.

I feel violence, and vigilantism outside the constructs of the law as it is written, is barbaric violent anarchy. Such as actions demonstrated by those clowns in the linked articles. Also, those also taking the label, but ignoring property rights and trying to justify blatant theft of another's property? Robbers, thieves, and a variation of anarchists as well.

Sovereignty, under Common Law, supports neither of the actions above. Those whom are peaceful liberty loving citizens, would agree. That's it. In fact, they respect another persons rights, and will defend them more other people do in most cases. So, in my mind, both those examples are quite antithetical and misleading, when evaluated in context correctly.

Example; "I may not agree with what you have to say, but, I will die to defend your right to say it." I agree with this. Does that make me an evil Sovereign?

All the constructs needed to self-correct the "system" via a civilized, lawful, peaceful, and transparent way, are already in place. No violence is required. Absolutely none. Even former Justices, just as trapped, have told us the way to go.

We have a Jury System for a reason. *cough*. We also have other methods at our disposal. State Constitution Amendments, Constitutional Conventions, direct propositions, etc.

For your second point.. I do not think we need to go to all the way back to the Red Scare for a modern example. Ironically, with today's date and all, Islamophobia, is the PERFECT example of successful media fear-mongering. Media convinced the majority of people here, that EVERYONE who is Muslim, and by extension, as only Muslims are Arab, are evil terrorists and extremists. Those evil terrorists hide under every rock, every corner, every shadow, and will jump out like boogeymen to 'get ya', without warning... unless of course you submit to tyranny to "protect you" from the very rights that made them hate you to begin with.

Likewise, to perpetuate that lie, the media reminds us constantly, that all Arabs want to kill you, maim you, blow you up, hate Jesus, and should never be trusted. It has gotten so ridiculous, that alleged beheading videos are now giving the impression of being "rehearsed" and filmed, prior to the actual act. As if someone who is about to be beheaded, would calmly help film and "practice" his own death for the glory of the camera. But, I digress.

Now, the media is employing the same methodology of demonizing to anyone who dares claim they are Sovereign under Common Law. So, now that Common Law, and the rights under it, are being re-recognized by more and more people looking for ways to fix the system without violence, anyone applying things like the Bill of Rights, or, by extension, State Constitutions with their own Declarations of Rights are now wackos.

Clearly, wanting the government to rule inside the confines of the law as it is written, makes any and all of those that feel that way crazy, violent, nutters, "misinterpreting legalese", vigilantes, anti-government, gun toting idiots, who only want to provoke violence and kill police officers.

"Right." /sarcasm.

It's a very sad state of affairs. America has forgotten her heritage. It is almost like she now hates herself.

In my humble opinion, media "newspeak", run a muck, is doing it's best to go about destroying her.

With Respect,

edit on 11-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
No no no.

The number one threat to our safety is a fool with a belief that causes them to be willing to harm others due to their religion.

Yes.

Many think the Constitution should be changed to a Theocracy.

Many think this will happen very soon.

Government IS the new religion, X. If you don't go along with
what the government dictates, you're either insane or a traitor--
or both. If the only control they can exercise is because of their
need for public support of bad or unlawful policies, see Goering.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: LDragonFire

the only reason this is #1 threat is because it exposes the hypocrisy of the contract society. Everything MUST be agreed upon or nothing is binding. If no agreement is or can be reached and the citizenry is punished arbitrarily and especially heavy handily it proves citizens just chattel and not truly free nor have they ever been. All the more reason to revolt and kill the lying elites.
I agree with you dude, and I'd add to that by saying that people in high places are committing treason, and don't want their crimes exposed.
Not Just America but , or especially, in England and then its colonies.

And as far as agreement required there is a reason for that being contract. Because if your rights are being violated, those violating them are breaking the law unless you agree to forgo those rights.

Why are Americans the only people in the world to pledge allegiance to their so called country? Everywhere else its a given.
Answer- you have a choice.

As to the know-all know-nothing tweens your entire idea of American history is a fairytale you've been told and believed.

Step 1 as I said earlier in this thread, read the law America was under prior to revolution in order to understand the real reason for the revolution

Step 2 read the treaty of Paris. The American Revolution did not create an independent nation.
USA was merely a corporation like the current European Union by which the INDEPENDANT SOVERIGN STATES or COUNTRIES conducted business with each other & the rest of the world.

You have no rights under that, anymore than you have any rights today under the United Nations Human Rights Charter.
They might write Human Rights and promote them, but they have no lawful means of enforcing them in Soverign Countries.

And even if they could ,any right bestowed by a higher authority is no right at all. Its a party favour that can be taken away as easily as it is given.

Step 3 Find any reference from newspapers of the day that called the war between the SOVERIGN STATES of America - a civil war.
You won't because it wasn't a civil war anymore than World war 2 was a civil war between the states of the European Union.

Step 4 look at an atlas and discover that USA is not the only landmass in the world. There's a whole wide world out there with real life people in it you've never heard of

Step 5) google AJ OSTROWSKI democrat candidate for Congress. And support him. He is trying to bring back law via jury, And take power out of the hands of the BAR ASSOCIATION's minions. Corruption of inquisitorial judges/ subservient lawyers.
Even mentions the real agenda -America controlled from England in his youtube speeches and the role of freemasonry in treason

Step 6) get out of your bedrooms and do something about it , instead of being spectators. You might enjoy using your balls for more than mutual masturbation
edit on 13-9-2014 by isaih because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Believers in individual freedom, only restricted by basic common sense 'don't harm others' common law, are a greater threat than terrorists...

Merica, land of the free...when are we going to start the 'war on freedom lovers,' it's obviously a bigger threat than terrorism, guess it deserves an even bigger budget.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I suspect the tweens discovered their beloved country doesnt actually exist.
That's what happens when you read a law or 2.
You stop being loudmouths with the sense of housewives.
And get angry.
Arise sleeping protestants from your slumber
edit on 16-9-2014 by isaih because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: isaih

Luke 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Applicable?

edit on 16-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join