It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

61 percent fall in female genital warts due to free HPV vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"We looked at women potentially covered by the vaccination program (15-27 years), and the data showed a 61 per cent decrease in the management rate of genital warts in the four years after the program started, compared with the four years before the program.

Article from dailynewsnow.com

Published paper on the findings from PLOS ONE

This is pretty great news for Australia. Pretty great news for the vaccines as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I won't let my daughter receive this vaccine ever. This is one of many great articles about HPV vaccine and side effects:
www.wakingtimes.com...

But people are free to choose what they want.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

First off, the headline is incorrect and misleading.

Key words in the OP "potentially covered."

So maybe, the gals started using a form of birth control that reduced their chances of STD, meaning perhaps overall, they got wiser about the transmission of the disease? Better data is required before such connections are made and conclusions drawn. That positive argument should easily be able to show the numbers of those given the vaccine and those remaining more disease free. That would be a direct correlation.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I thought this might interest you;
Reduction in Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Prevalence Among Young Women Following HPV Vaccine Introduction in the United States, National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, 2003–2010

Among females aged 14–19 years, the vaccine-type HPV prevalence decreased from 11.5% in 2003–2006 to 5.1% in 2007–2010, a decline of 56%.

Also, I couldn't find any specific studies on the dangers of any HPV vaccine. There are plenty of personal accounts. However...you have to really consider whether your daughters may be at risk of having an adverse reaction. I found some numbers in this article: How Accurate Are the Recent Claims of the Dangers of the HPV-Vaccination Gardasil?

As of Spring 2013, more than 56 million doses of HPV vaccine have been administered in the United States.
What this graph says is that between June 2006 and March 2013, there were a total of 21,194 adverse events reported to VAERS following a dose of HPV4. Does this mean that the HPV vaccine caused those 21,194 events? No. All it means is that those events happened after the vaccine was given.

To put that in perspective, that's 0.04% of people who received the vaccine complained of adverse events. Not effects, but events.

I also did some research on the Australian woman involved in the class action lawsuit. It either never happened or nothing has been said in the past 4-5 years about it. The woman who was leading it ended up hospitalized with some mental problems (bi-polar, schizophrenia) but seems to be doing well now.

I hope that helps your understanding of the overall risks associated with this particular vaccine.

a reply to: Aliensun

Well, if you'd read the study they had a control group. The control group showed an increase in genital warts while those who received the vaccine, or were likely to receive it, showed a decrease. Before this edit I linked an American study showing similar results. Those who receive the vaccine were far less likely to contract the STI than those who didn't.
edit on 7-9-2014 by links234 because: Addressing the other post.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We don't take that immunization in my house for a simple reason. You can't get it unless you're on birth control. Which means it may be dangerous to development. AND being on birth control can cause that shot to be problematic.

That's not exactly good logic. I'm staying far away.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

We don't take that immunization in my house for a simple reason. You can't get it unless you're on birth control.

False.
You know that its recommended at the age of 11 right (as young as 9)? Not a lot of girls on birth control at 11 (some maybe, not many). You know that boys are vaccinated too, right?

edit on 9/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
TRUE.

I do have a good obgyn. It was clearly explained to me that in order to get that immunization I would have to be on birth control I DONT WANT OR NEED.

That makes me very uneasy about giving it to my children.

ETA: I am aware. I just turned down that immunization for my son. The others that I had received I am much more comfortable my children receiving as well.

originally posted by:
Phage

We don't take that immunization in my house for a simple reason. You can't get it unless you're on birth control.

False.
You know that its recommended at the age of 11 right (as young as 9)? Not a lot of girls on birth control at 11 (some maybe, not many). You know that boys are vaccinated too, right?

edit on 7-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You said this:

You can't get it unless you're on birth control.

This is not true in the case of children and I cannot see why it would be any different for women. However, it is not indicated for women over the age of 26, with our without birth control.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Also, I couldn't find any specific studies on the dangers of any HPV vaccine.

In the interest of comprehensiveness, I will quote some of the studies on the manifold dangers of HPV vaccines:

Lancet, 2014: "Serious adverse events occurred in 285 (10%) of 2881 women in the vaccine group and 267 (9%) of 2871 in the control group; five (less than 1%) and eight (less than1%) of these events, respectively, were believed to be related to vaccination."

Vaccine, 2014: "The vaccine was generally safe and well tolerated; the most common side effect was local pain and the most frequent systemic side effect was headache."

Pediatrics, 2014: "No new significant serious adverse events were observed for 8 years postvaccination in both genders."

Hum Vaccin Immunother, 2014: "Over the 113 months (9.4 years) .... There were no safety concerns."

Med J Malaysia, 2014: "A total of 271 eligible subjects were enrolled and 266 subjects completed the study. .... Eight serious adverse events were reported throughout the study (five in the HPV group; three in the ALU group), all considered by investigators to be unrelated to vaccination."

Obstet Gynecol, 2014: "Rates of spontaneous abortions and major birth defects were not greater than the Metro Atlanta Congenital Defects Program unexposed population rates. Analysis of 6 years of pregnancy registry data shows no adverse signals."

Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf: "Spontaneous reports from countries worldwide showed a similar pattern for the most frequently reported adverse events after HPV-16/18 vaccination. No patterns or trends were observed for potential immune-mediated diseases after vaccination. Observed incidences of Bell's palsy and confirmed Guillain-Barré syndrome were within the expected range in the general population."

In other words, the "danger" is a whole lot of nothing.
edit on 7-9-2014 by FurvusRexCaeli because: doesn't like the lt character

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Idr if I was 26 at the time or not honestly. What I recall was a very graphic and scary convo about how medicines can stay in your system for many years after and, notices to be on BC need to be taken very seriously.

Also this vaccine is very new (as vaccines go )and has changed how its been suggested to be used multiple times. This is also rather odd.

Were you aware you can be paid to be a guinea pig? Gardasil was a drug you could be paid to take. I'm certain you can find woman's testimonies if you're interested.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Also this vaccine is very new (as vaccines go )and has changed how its been suggested to be used multiple times. This is also rather odd.

Not really. The most effective protocol can only be determined by use.

Were you aware you can be paid to be a guinea pig?
Yes.

edit on 9/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Also this vaccine is very new (as vaccines go )

There's over a decade of research and safety data, going back to at least the beginning of FUTURE II in 2002. It is older now than the polio vaccine was when the polio immunization campaigns began in the 1950s.

There is, of couse, no requirement to be on birth control to receive an HPV vaccine. They are not recommended for use with pregnant women and the data may suggest one should not get pregnant in the first couple of months after receiving one, but there is no requirement for any type of birth control. Most recipients should be getting vaccinated well before their child-bearing years anyway.

and has changed how its been suggested to be used multiple times. This is also rather odd.

They've expanded the groups of people recommended to be vaccinated as further research demonstrates its safety and efficacy in those populations.
edit on 8-9-2014 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
These buggers are difficult to get rid of, so I wonder if getting the shot might be worth any side effects, probably an individual decision.

I got them many decades ago and not any doctor knew a sure way to get rid of them, so I went to Mexico and got a tube of "Retin-A" .10% strength which worked very fast and eliminated them forever 100% Although there was some side effects from using that stuff, as it is corrosive. I would have preferred a shot in the arm though..

The Retin-A wasn't indicated anywhere and it only occurred to me to try it, and I was glad I did. I told a few doctors that it worked and they were surprised.
edit on 8-9-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: .1 percent not 10

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli
Ty for responding. I'm telling you what was explained to me while I was in a paper gown. How about you go do that and see what your obgyn tells you?

www.thelibertybeac... on.com/2013/06/28/abortion-stillbirth-events-from-gardasil-far-exceed-all-other-vaccines-9658/

m.naturalnews.com...

Clearly you don't want to hear my testimony. Here are some links. If you don't like these. You may Google the topic for yourself. This is not a safe or needed vaccine. But, please go get it, go spend money on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I never got that vaccine i probably should have as cervical cancer runs in my family but i was pregnant when it came out then totally forgot about it! Its not free here in Australia anymore its pretty expensive so i figured i wouldn't bother.. Good that the numbers came down though for that.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Shoot. If the first link didn't include abortion as part of the stats it may be something worth looking at.

The second link admits with prior exposure the vaccine doesn't work. Um duh? That is why the move to get vaccinated before sexual activity.

This is a very safe and wonderful vaccine. Where are you coming from?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yeah I'll bet that 61 percent fall is because most of the women that took that vaccine are now dead. Statistics pfft....

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli I'm telling you what was explained to me while I was in a paper gown. How about you go do that and see what your obgyn tells you?

Clearly you don't want to hear my testimony. Here are some links. If you don't like these. You may Google the topic for yourself. This is not a safe or needed vaccine.

I do believe I was very clear. I think YOU should go get this very safe vaccine.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I believe you have not linked your reply correctly.

I believe you have great emotion in your reply's.

I believe your replys do not negate the science that you have linked. But please keep trying.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe you bored me to sleep this morning. However, I still believe you should go get this vaccine.

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I believe you have not linked your reply correctly.

I believe you have great emotion in your reply's.

I believe your replys do not negate the science that you have linked. But please keep trying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join