It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Terrifying Facts From Leaked UN Climate Report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Global warming!!!! nobody fell for it..

Climate Change!!.. Well, cant argue the climate changes! Dang got me there.

Fear the Ice Age!!! why? I like snow. I lived at -25oC airplanes still work, so do cars, so does my bodily functions.

Water rises! really? Cool, it also shrinks. Since I live 1km above sea level, soon I will have beach front property, I should get a boat.

The Moon will disappear!!! , you mean like it does every month?

edit on 7-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
a reply to: lostbook

I thought they had the "cure" for climate change already.
Money. Doesn't even have to be physical money, can be numbers in a bank account on a computer. Its amazing I tell ya.

No but I can tell you right now that in response to what is predicted to be occurring as Soficrow already listed, the measure of what to do has been completely framed by economics. Solutions, plans, adaptations and etc are not being based on the value of life but the value and cost effectiveness of the almighty dollar and quite frankly, that should scare the hell out of people.

Lifeboat mentality engaged.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Al Gore...is that you?

You little snake, you!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In the words of Sherman T. Potter - "Horsepucky"

Oh, don't know who he is? He was a leading climatologist from the 1950's.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the Ice Age these bozos predicted in the '70's.
What a crock.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

AHA! The "leak" went exactly as planned.
Terror! Fear! Hysteria!

(Quick, get out your wallets the new taxes are coming!)

edit on 7-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What the ignorant self-serving "leaders" fail to understand in their miserable attempt to manage humanity, is that our planet is actually a conscious sentient being.

Now imagine that, and consider how this being feels after being repeatedly and violently gang raped by mankind.

It's no longer if, but when will an abused earth decide to lash out with a vengeance.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There is no such thing as bad weather. Just bad clothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows. I'm calling bull ship on that report.

Here in DC its been remarkably cool the past three summers and the winters are breaking records for snow days. My kids had almost two extra weeks of school to make up for days lost.

The Potomac river has frozen solid enough yo skate across. That was common in the seventies and early eighties but never happened in the late eighties through 2011.

Last winter was the absolutely coldest I've ever felt. As a construction professional I work in buildings with no heat and am particularly aware of winter temps. Last winter was the worst ever.

Those guys are so full of crap, it's coming out of their mouths, asses, fingertips and through the keyboard that print the paper worth less than used toilet paper in a porta potty on a job site.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If it is a human made phenomenon I blame the liberals for accelerating it no end. Save the earth regulate these companies out of business so they will just move to a third world country and create 5 times as much polution and pay far less taxes and wages. Wish our law makers would use some common scence before they destroy the world by more laws that will result in far more polution.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Reading the responses in this thread proves one thing.
We don't deseave to carry on when folk are so ignorant to the fact climate change has been caused by mankind.
Oh well in a few million years maybe our evolutionary cousins will do a better job looking after mother earth

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Reading the responses in this thread proves one thing.
We don't deseave to carry on when folk are so ignorant to the fact climate change has been caused by mankind.
Oh well in a few million years maybe our evolutionary cousins will do a better job looking after mother earth

Mhmmm, yeah, I think the same thing pretty much. We will get what we deserve...well a good portion of us and the rest are just going to be drug down for the ride. I've already apologized to my children for humanity's idiocy and to be quite honest, never have I been more hopeful at being wrong than in this.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You know they used to sacrifice folks to appease the weather gods and it was quite an honor to be chosen to be the one to go into the volcano so that others would have a better existence. I'd like to suggest that Al and his pals in Carbon-trading business should be so honored.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I'd like to suggest that Al and his pals in Carbon-trading business should be so honored.

It didn't work then and it wouldn't work now. But I think both attorneys and politicians (I don't even care which ones) would be good fodder. Them and oil company leaders (who are probably politicians as well as being attorneys).
edit on 9/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Wasted on deaf ears here at ats. At the end of the day none of us know if climate change is real or not.. we have one planet and we cannot afford to take a chance..

purp..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's just one more of their manipulations for some way to grab absolute power, to kill, to use cloud seeding and freeze us, poison earth and us and destroy climates. Just one more way to enact Agenda 21 and deprive humanity of homes, farms, land , forrest and herd little golums into little boxes in the city while they fly throughout the solar system, and enjoy nature and trade all the resources.

Well, NOT ON MY WATCH. I am moving no where, not buying their water or air, of leaving the land, because its mine, and my children's and my grandchildrens, and its all of ours, and in fact await TPTB getting arrested by wide awake people soon enough and thrown in jail for the 1000 year sentences mass murders like all of them deserve.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: diggindirt

I'd like to suggest that Al and his pals in Carbon-trading business should be so honored.

It didn't work then and it wouldn't work now. But I think both attorneys and politicians (I don't even care which ones) would be good fodder. Them and oil company leaders (who are probably politicians as well as being attorneys).

Whadda ya mean---"it didn't work then and it wouldn't work now."??? How do you think civilization survived all these years if not for sacrifices. All the Gospel of the Green preachers tell us we must sacrifice for the good of the children. There are lots of volcanoes out there and lots of fodder---let's begin the sacrificing by honoring the High Priests of Global Change to see if that works before sacrificing every peasant in the land by increasing energy costs. Just getting rid of them will significantly reduce humanity's carbon footprint. When you look at these folks and the lives they live, it's just like looking into the high priests of the Catholic Church during its heyday---wealth beyond belief, power over the lives of multitudes and the usual corruption that happens when wealth and power are concentrated in a small number of people.
The people who are shaking their fingers in our noses about using the wrong sort of toilet or light bulb are flying private jets around the world to any one or more of their mansions whose power usage exceeds that of many a small village. Now I have no issue with you if you've made enough money to buy a private jet and several homes. That's fine with me as long as you don't try to tell me that I'm ruining the planet with my toilet and light bulbs. It's just a wee bit too much for my thinking mind. If you are going to preach the Gospel of Green to me, you'd darn well better let me see it in your life. What I see when I look at Al is an over-fed, grasping, foolish boy given far more power than his brain could handle. It was once reported that if he had taken just the money he made on the "Big Tobacco" settlement---via a few quickly-created companies----he could have given every student entering college in Tennessee a full scholarship. (Nah, I don't have a link on that but I'm pretty sure it was in one of the Nashville papers during one of the campaigns.)
Heck, we don't even have to throw them into volcanoes, tossing them out into the Everglades would work too. Any swamp or bog would work equally well. They're already full of stinky stuff and slimy critters so these folk would fit right in.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I much prefer to read the reports in 'climate etc.' a blog run by Judith Curry, an accredited climatologist, and various reports collected to-gether daily in 'climate depot' .
Antarctic sea ice is at its greatest extent, North pole ice grows more each year ( last year, in the summer, a guy had his yacht caught in sea ice and had to be rescued, how is that All Bore?
Why is North America and Europe having such bad winters lately?
Why is Europe having crap summers?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I much prefer to read the reports in 'climate etc.' a blog run by Judith Curry, an accredited climatologist, and various reports collected to-gether daily in 'climate depot' .
Antarctic sea ice is at its greatest extent, North pole ice grows more each year ( last year, in the summer, a guy had his yacht caught in sea ice and had to be rescued, how is that All Bore?
Why is North America and Europe having such bad winters lately?
Why is Europe having crap summers?

Antarctic ice growing? Yes but that's because the S. Pole is not the same as the N. Pole. The air in the S. Pole is actually less prone to admixture from warmer winds to its North while the N. Pole has a lot of mixing. So cold air gets trapped in the S. Pole, warm air gets more play in the N. Pole. It's also the same reason why the hole in the ozone layer in the S. Pole is far worse than what is at the N. Pole. Here's an interesting article from NASA on the subject of Antarctic ice, ozone, and what's going on with the winds down there to strengthen that cold air cap.
www.nasa.gov...

North pole ice is growing each year? Not according to NOAA:

In 2012, on August 26, the Arctic sea ice extent reached the lowest value observed during the satellite record. Following that low, Arctic sea ice extent continued to drop, falling below 4 million square kilometers by September 5. Compared to September conditions in the 1980's and 1990's, this represents a 45% reduction in the area of the Arctic Ocean covered by sea ice.

www.arctic.noaa.gov...

Why are we having such bad winters in N. America and Europe? That is a function of the Arctic Oscillation and the North Atlantic Oscillation. When either are negative, it basically means that the jet stream turns into a wobbly punk and cold air from the North ends up spilling down South. Those cold winters were due to both the AO and NAO being negative. Why it's been doing it is something that researchers have been trying to figure out. I've seen references to a possible grand solar minimum being the source. You have to realize that a lot of what has been occurring is not necessarily normal and ergo, uncharted.

www.climate.gov...
www.climate.gov...

PS. I tend to not have a fondness for climatologists who get interviewed for oil industry entities. Maybe that's because I used to be involved with the oil industry and I know those guys have been buying and shelving alternative energy technology for decades now. Oil companies pay very, very well.
edit on 8/9/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

top topics

<< 1   >>

join