It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in The Merciful God/The Most High Jesus prayed to on The Cross or another god (wrathf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme I believe in the father, the son and the holy spirit. I respect your opinion, sticking with what feels right. As long as I don't have to cut off heads and follow some idiot saying I get 80 virgins when I die. Probably 80 nasty hoes in hell.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Would you prefer matriarchal? Like, seriously?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Jesus taught about the sheep and the goats and that souls who to not do right will face consequence for it. He said the criteria that have to uphold to be considered a sheep and not a goat.

I think people should seek the merciful part of god/divine so that they can find symbiosis on all levels. Even a parent who loves it's child sometimes need to separate the child from the rest and give it a timeout to teach the child acceptable behavior when it miss behaves. A good way to make someone learn to behave is to have to experience the other side of the behavior that soul have created.
edit on 7-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That made me "LOL" at first, but...you can always be a sister...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
Prove it. Cite the testable evidence making these outrageous claims facts.

And what difference would it actually make in your life if you DID have "proof"?

Evidence and proof will NEVER benefit a person whose eyes are closed to the truth.

People are going to believe what they want to believe until they see it with their own eyes.

Proof must be experienced personally.

You can't prove that the external world outside of your mind is real.

You can't absolutely "prove" anything.

You have all the proof you need.

Don't expect another to show you something you cannot comprehend yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Prove it. Cite the testable evidence making these outrageous claims facts.

And what difference would it actually make in your life if you DID have "proof"?

I'd stop laughing at you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Jesus taught about the sheep and the goats and that souls who to not do right will face consequence for it. He said the criteria that have to uphold to be considered a sheep and not a goat.

Actually, there's no historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) proving that Jesus ever lived. Even if he did, the books of the Bible that "quote" him were written by people who didn't live when Jesus allegedly lived and never heard him say a word. Bottom line, Jesus didn't teach anything that we're aware of.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Technically there is historical evidence

We know Paul was a factually historical person who wrote in the first century...

He mentioned meeting James "the brother of the lord" and peter...

Thus we do know Jesus existed at the very least...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I do not believe that the merciful God is an independent being from the wrathful one. God is a being of both stunning compassion and love, and volcanic fury. One without the other would be utterly pointless. We see examples of both traits in his creation, the beauty of a still pond juxtaposed with the crashing of angry seas, the life giving warmth we feel from the sun stood next to the fury with which it burns...

God alone can perfectly encapsulate these things. The human way is to obsess over being one or the other, as we desperately search for a balance we are incapable of attaining, and have been since the fall of mankind.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Is this 'highest' dude the same as the one who created a hell for the unworthy?

Hell is death and Heaven is eternal life. God did not create death. Death entered the world when Adam and Even were tricked by The Serpent. It's important to remember that. God is not the author of death. God is The Spirit and The Spirit gives Life.

a reply to: TrueBrit

I do not believe that the merciful God is an independent being from the wrathful one. God is a being of both stunning compassion and love, and volcanic fury. One without the other would be utterly pointless.

Only if you choose to see it as being "utterly pointless". God is not the author of death. Death entered the world when Adam and Eve were tricked by The Serpent. Pretty strange to have a god of 'volcanic fury' when there is no death/suffering/pain. The devil (the true author of death - the one who tricked humanity to bring death into the world) can trick people into beliving that he is God which many people are already doing as they believe in a god that depends on the existence of death even though that was not his creation. God is The Spirit and The Spirit gives Eternal Life, but it is your choice to actually believe that and stay on The Narrow Path of Life or to believe in another God - The author of fury, pain, suffering, and death.

We see examples of both traits in his creation, the beauty of a still pond juxtaposed with the crashing of angry seas, the life giving warmth we feel from the sun stood next to the fury with which it burns...

Of course. Death entered the world because of humanity getting tricked by the serpent (whether you see the serpent as metaphorical or not - it still shows that God is Life and death is not his creation). There is no death in Heaven. Heaven is still perfect. The devil destroys (death). God creates (Life). This is why nature is how it is. This is why nature represent the ourobos (the serpent eating itself) because that is how nature is now, it has Life from God and death from satan in it.

God alone can perfectly encapsulate these things. The human way is to obsess over being one or the other

That's because you cannot serve two master. You either serve Life or death. You side with God - The Spirit - The Giver of Eternal Life or be tricked by satan, the deception which brought death into the world. It seems like you are trying to say God is both, so now you believe in another god, a god of nature with both qualities, when the only reason why both qualities exist is because of this spiritual war between Life and death.

God is Light and That Light is Life:

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

John 1:4
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Darkness is death:

1 John 2:11
But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1 John3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

You cannot serve two master. You must serve one. Even though humans are not perfect you much choose which Path you will have Faith in - in death or in life. God is Life but in this physical world death has entered through the serpent's deception, so you can have Faith in God (Life) or the serpent (death).

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

We know Paul was a factually historical person who wrote in the first century...

That's second-hand and not remotely proof that Jesus actually lived. You could meet someone and they could tell you that Bigfoot is their brother or you could, for some reason, assume that Bigfoot is their brother. Would your word for it be proof that Bigfoot existed? No. Apply common sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Hell is death and Heaven is eternal life. God did not create death. Death entered the world when Adam and Even were tricked by The Serpent. It's important to remember that. God is not the author of death. God is The Spirit and The Spirit gives Life.

So you're denying the fundamental claim of Christianity that God created everything and is all-powerful and all-knowing?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So you're denying the fundamental claim of Christianity that God created everything and is all-powerful and all-knowing?

I only reject the claim that God created death.
Death is the result of the first humans (Adam and Eve) being tricked (by the serpent).

God is The Light of Life. Jesus revealed God's true nature (John 8:12).

Jesus is The Door (to The Truth of Who God REALLY is) and all who came before him were thieves and robbers (John 10:8).

edit on 8-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I only reject the claim that God created death.
Death is the result of the first humans (Adam and Eve) being tricked (by the serpent).

God is The Light of Life. Jesus revealed God's true nature (John 8:12).

Jesus is The Door (to The Truth of Who God REALLY is) and all who came before him were thieves and robbers (John 10:8).

You're saying that God didn't create everything, including Adam and Eve and the Serpent. You're saying that God is not all-knowing and all-powerful. An all-knowing God would have known exactly what the Serpent, Adam and Eve would do before he created them. An all-powerful God would have created them to do exactly what he wanted them to do.

I suggest that you spend less time puking scripture and more time studying logic.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You're saying that God didn't create everything, including Adam and Eve and the Serpent.

No, I'm not. I'm saying God created everything except for death. Death happened when Adam and Eve got tricked by the serpent.

You're saying that God is not all-knowing and all-powerful.

No I'm not. God being all-knowing and all-powerful does not contradict the serpent tricking Adam and Eve. He tricked Adam and Eve (humanity) not God.

An all-knowing God would have known exactly what the Serpent, Adam and Eve would do before he created them. An all-powerful God would have created them to do exactly what he wanted them to do.

Yes, an all-knowing God would have known exactly what would of happened. Just like if you go into the future, watch something, then go back 5 minutes you'll know what will happen. Just because God knows what will happen that doesn't mean he will interfere with humanity's (Adam and Eve's ) choice to follow death or Life. It's humanity choice to walk the narrow path of Life or the wide path of death.

An all-powerful God would have created them to do exactly what he wanted them to do.

He wanted them to choose between Life and death, and they did.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Actually, there's no historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) proving that Jesus ever lived. Even if he did, the books of the Bible that "quote" him were written by people who didn't live when Jesus allegedly lived and never heard him say a word. Bottom line, Jesus didn't teach anything that we're aware of.

Do not matter if it is Horus, Buddha, Jesus, Nanek or Rumi saying it. Still the same message by them all on Meta/higher level. Follow the golden rule or face the consequence. Prove what you are in action. Faith without works is dead. (James 2:14-26)

But then from my point of view Paul (as written in the bible) is the first anti-Christ and the destroyer of Jesus pure teachings putting faith on a pedestal and lowering the need of works.
edit on 8-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

No, I'm not. I'm saying God created everything except for death. Death happened when Adam and Eve got tricked by the serpent.

this implies there is a force outside of god's creation that is equal to his power. that is to say...everything dies.

No I'm not. God being all-knowing and all-powerful does not contradict the serpent tricking Adam and Eve. He tricked Adam and Eve (humanity) not God.

yeah, its a little curious that satan managed to sneak into the all-knowing god's private garden party without invitation. almost like god is either blind in strange places or had an agenda.

Yes, an all-knowing God would have known exactly what would of happened. Just like if you go into the future, watch something, then go back 5 minutes you'll know what will happen. Just because God knows what will happen that doesn't mean he will interfere with humanity's (Adam and Eve's ) choice to follow death or Life. It's humanity choice to walk the narrow path of Life or the wide path of death.

so he cares just enough to not interfere with our free will, but not enough to prevent the need for a lake of fire. hmmm. seems like he would either accept that we're flawed without demanding our souls in payment, or nail the creation of the bioroids on the first try.

smells like a set up if you ask me.

He wanted them to choose between Life and death, and they did.

he knew what they would choose before he spoke the first word, and he saw fit to proceed with the design anyway, despite being able to change their fate with a mere thought. is that their fault, or his? its really the equivalent of fooling him twice, since he already knew the stunt they would pull. he had a chance to change the outcome and chose not to. that was HIS choice. and he chooses to punish them for both choices - their choice to eat the fruit, and his choice to let it happen since he knew from the very start.
edit on 8-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

That's second-hand and not remotely proof that Jesus actually lived. You could meet someone and they could tell you that Bigfoot is their brother or you could, for some reason, assume that Bigfoot is their brother. Would your word for it be proof that Bigfoot existed? No. Apply common sense.

that's a pretty weak comparison...

Common sense tells us that people don't give their lives for someone that didn't exist... ever

Historically speaking we know of people that existed that met Jesus or at the very least met people that associated with him...

Historians and scholars across the globe are pretty much unanimous on the fact that Jesus most definitely existed... even those outside of the Christian communities of the world... IF you don't accept what they say... that's your issue

but Comparing the existence of Jesus with Bigfoot is just ridiculous...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Common sense tells us that people don't give their lives for someone that didn't exist... ever

Bull. S***. And you know it. perhaps they arent aware that the person doesnt exist, but history gives us LOTS of accounts of people dying for someone that doesnt exist. Including all of the major religions throughout the history of humankind.

Historically speaking we know of people that existed that met Jesus or at the very least met people that associated with him...

Historians and scholars across the globe are pretty much unanimous on the fact that Jesus most definitely existed... even those outside of the Christian communities of the world... IF you don't accept what they say... that's your issue

just because they met him doesnt prove he is who they say he was. it comes down to the education and mental stability of every person who ever wrote about him. a backwoods redneck with a preschool vocabulary and even less grasp of science isnt a very credible source of UFOs for instance.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Bull. S***. And you know it. perhaps they arent aware that the person doesnt exist, but history gives us LOTS of accounts of people dying for someone that doesnt exist. Including all of the major religions throughout the history of humankind.

name one...

just because they met him doesnt prove he is who they say he was. it comes down to the education and mental stability of every person who ever wrote about him. a backwoods redneck with a preschool vocabulary and even less grasp of science isnt a very credible source of UFOs for instance.

We aren't talking about who he was, are we now...

I said there is factual evidence he was a real person...

And in fact the education of the people who wrote about him was quite extensive... they were scribes, people who literally wrote for a living...

edit on 8-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

name one...

aztecs. and the list doesnt stop there.

We aren't talking about who he was, are we now...

I said there is factual evidence he was a real person...

And in fact the education of the people who wrote about him were quite extensive... they were scribes, people who literally wrote for a living...

i can think of a lot of people who write for a living and still dont know squat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join