It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in The Merciful God/The Most High Jesus prayed to on The Cross or another god (wrathf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Psalm 89:6
For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?

If you look at it in Hebrew,
The word for LORD here is "Yahweh".
The word for "the mighty" is "EL" (El = Eli = Elyon = The Most High = The Merciful/Compassionate)

When Jesus died on The Cross he said:

Matthew 27:46
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

He didn't say any other name. He is recorded as saying "Eli, Eli" calling to "The Most High".

Here is how you become a son of The Most High (El/Eli/Elyon) according to Jesus:

Luke 6:35-37
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

"forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

You must first forgive in order to receive forgiveness:

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

This is because The Most High is a God of Mercy, but in order to be HIS Child and be Forgiven by HIM you must Forgive others.

From Jesus words we know that...

God is merciful even to the evil and unthankful (Luke 6:35).

We must be Merciful like The True God, The Most High is Merciful (Luke 6:36)

We must not resist evil, we must turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39)

As Children of The Most High we must love others even those who hate us (Matthew 5:44)

There is no reward for only loving those who love us (Matthew 5:46)

We must strive to be perfect in doing this [because our Father in Heaven is Perfect] (Matthew 5:48)

Many people are believing in different gods, some without even realizing it. They believe in another god who has two sides, rather than believing in The Most High who is Merciful and is always Light and never has any darkness in him (1 John 1:5).

As Matthew 16:14-15 and Luke 6:37 shows:

Forgiving others is the key to be Forgiven by God.
You must sow Forgiveness to reap Forgiveness.
You must give Forgiveness to get Forgiveness.

Here is a story translated into modern English where Jesus tells a story about an unforgiving servant:

Matthew 18;21-35
21 Then Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, how many times should I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Should I forgive as many as seven times?”

22 Jesus said, “Not just seven times, but rather as many as seventy-seven times. 23 Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began to settle accounts, they brought to him a servant who owed him ten thousand bags of gold. 25 Because the servant didn’t have enough to pay it back, the master ordered that he should be sold, along with his wife and children and everything he had, and that the proceeds should be used as payment. 26 But the servant fell down, kneeled before him, and said, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I’ll pay you back.’ 27 The master had compassion on that servant, released him, and forgave the loan.

28 “When that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him one hundred coins. He grabbed him around the throat and said, ‘Pay me back what you owe me.’

29 “Then his fellow servant fell down and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I’ll pay you back.’ 30 But he refused. Instead, he threw him into prison until he paid back his debt.

31 “When his fellow servants saw what happened, they were deeply offended. They came and told their master all that happened. 32 His master called the first servant and said, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you appealed to me. 33 Shouldn’t you also have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 His master was furious and handed him over to the guard responsible for punishing prisoners, until he had paid the whole debt.

35 “My heavenly Father will also do the same to you if you don’t forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Do not let the sun go down on your wrath, do good to those who hate you. Choose another God, The God of Forgiveness, The Most High.

May Elyon The Most High and Jesus The Christ give you Wisdom and Understanding.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't ever be a son of the most high.

I have a uterus.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

"...and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. "

Jesus was not excluding females. Females are welcome to join The Most High through being Merciful as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You really don't give us a choice. It seems you want us to believe in one god or another.
Can we not believe...?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The bible has been edited too many times by a power hungry patriarchal group too many times for my preference.

Ty though for the reminder not to keep anger in oour hearts.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You really don't give us a choice. It seems you want us to believe in one god or another.
Can we not believe...?

Of course it is your choice, I cannot go into your mind and force you to believe. All I can do is offer a suggestion. There are many health benefits to living in forgiveness.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You have seen the light my friend. You are correct. The Most High does not have two faces. He is merciful, loving, does not hold tresspasses against us, is already reconciled to all. He does not give a snake when you ask for a fish. He is the Father of lights, and in Him there is NO darkness. NONE not a bit, no vengeance, no hatred, no destruction. NO ETERNAL TORTURE

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

When Jesus died on The Cross he said:

Matthew 27:46
Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

He didn't say any other name. He is recorded as saying "Eli, Eli" calling to "The Most High".

From Jesus words we know that...

God is merciful even to the evil and unthankful (Luke 6:35).

We must be Merciful like The True God, The Most High is Merciful (Luke 6:36)
Here is a story translated into modern English where Jesus tells a story about an unforgiving servant:
22 Jesus said, “Not just seven times, but rather as many as seventy-seven times....

Obviously, you're here to proselytize, not have a conversation. Your claims that Jesus said this and that are absurd. Not a single word of the Bible attributed to Jesus was written by anyone who lived when Jesus allegedly lived or heard him say anything. In fact, there is no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Truth is orthogonal. What I mean by this is that for every truth you see, there is a truth at right angles to what you experience. In other words, one dimension is hidden from your view. This is true with forgiveness.

Here is an example. A Dot becomes a line by adding many dots at right angles to the first point. A 2D plane is made from many 1D lines. A 3D object is made from many 2D planes. Time is a composite of many 3D objects moving in an orthogonal linear matrix. Probability is the dimension above time. Many probabilities exist, but only one gets collapsed into time, therefore changing the states of matter. The universe works by law.

What is the law for the Kinsman redeemer? It's called the Jubilee. A bond servant can only be released by a kinsman. Jesus was required to be one of us in order to save us. Redemption requires payment from a master. In this case, sin and death. The part you may not see is revealed in Job 19. Why does the Son of God want us to forgive our enemies? I'll get to Job in a moment.

Ezekiel 28 describes the fall of the guardian cherub. He was an angel that was beautifully ornamented with all sorts of stones. He was present in the garden of Eden. He fell due to trade and commerce.

In the book of Ruth, Boaz is a guardian redeemer. Ruth is the female (bride / church) that represents the material world in a fallen state. Ruth sleeps at the feet (generals) of Boaz. Boaz later throws his sandals (again symbolic of seed) to purchase the land Ruth gleans for seed. They become one flesh and the Redeemer rescues the bride.

Job 19 then tells you why the trouble happened in the first place.

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.”

Here is where you must not judge your enemy. Jesus was called the first Adam and the Last Adam in 1 Corinthians 15. The trouble lies in Him (Son of God). He proclaimed himself God and beside him there are no others. He was the Lord of the Old Testament and then the Redeemer of mankind in the New Testament when God humbled the Son of God. The Son lived the whole experience through us. We live it through him. Together, we are all humbled.

If we say, 'How we will hound him, since the root of the trouble lies in him,' then we will be judged. Do not judge your enemy, the fallen guardian cherub. He became the Redeemer in the end and saved us all.

Love your enemy. He will likewise forgive you.

Like I said. It's at a right angle and hard to see.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

You're proselytizing, not having a conversation.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: AlephBet

You're proselytizing, not having a conversation.

Are you lost? You are in the religion thread and I am talking about the topic of religion and science as it relates to orthogonal linear transformation in a matrix. My reply was interesting. Did you read it? In physics, symmetry is a law followed by the strong nuclear force. This means that no matter how much translational symmetry occurs, the environment you move it never changes. It remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Only you can change by the translational relationship to truth. Denying ignorance requires this.

Proselytizing is when I tell you that you need Jesus. I didn't say that even once.

edit on 7-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The OP has been confirmed by countless others as well.

Corrie ten Boom, Ian McCormack, Daniel Ekechukwu just to name a few.

"Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. The forgiveness of Jesus not only takes away our sins, it makes them as if they had never been."

“Let me tell you a story,” I said. And then I told him of my experience when my former guard from the concentration camp asked me to forgive him. “That moment I felt great bitterness swelling in my heart,” I said. “I remembered the sufferings of my dying sister. But I knew that unforgiveness would do more harm to me than the guard's whip. So I cried out to the Lord, “Lord, thank you for Romans 5:5, "…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Thank you, Lord, that your love in me can do that which I cannot do. ..I could not do it. I was not able. Jesus in me was able to do it. You see, you never touch so much the of ocean of God's love as when you love your enemies.”

Writings from Corrie Ten Boom

Ian was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life.

Ian died, and passed onto what he could only describe as the afterlife. There, he met Jesus, and described His presence as something he never experienced on earth. Jesus told Ian he must forgive the taxi driver who would have let him die because he didn't have cab fare because Jesus says, forgive, and you will be forgiven.

When Ian got to the great need for all his sins to be forgiven, and prayed, “as we forgive them that trespass against us”, he heard the voice of God asking Ian if he was even willing to forgive the people who would not help save his life, including the taxi driver who had pushed him out of his cab when he thought that receiving the fare was in doubt. “You must be joking” was Ian’s thought, but he was to realize that to be able to go back and tell his mother that he had not gone to hell, he must forgive everything. When he agreed, his reward was a glimpse of the glory of God. Link

Nigerian pastor Daniel Ekechukwu physically died November 30th, 2001, was dead for at least 42 hours, visited heaven and hell during the time of his physical death, and was raised from the dead in the basement of the Grace of God Mission, located in Onitsha, Nigeria.

Around 2:00 A.M. Saturday morning, the mortician, who lived next to the mortuary, was disturbed by songs of worship coming from inside his mortuary, which stopped as soon as approached the mortuary doorway. Upon searching for the music’s source in his mortuary, he noticed light emanating from the face of Daniel’s corpse. This completely unnerved him.

The Resurrection of Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu

The Daniel Ekechukwu Reports
Answering Skeptics on the Resurrection of Daniel Ekechukwu

Concerning the Resurrection of Daniel Ekechukwu

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I believe that God the Merciful is the same being as God the Wrathful.

Picking between these two is a fools errand.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You can't possibly believe that this guy was DEAD for 42 hrs and then came back to life by the grace of gerd.

a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I believe that God the Merciful is the same being as God the Wrathful.

Picking between these two is a fools errand.

It's important to keep in mind that God is Love and the reason why people are even able to Love is because Love comes from God (1 John 4:7-8).

God is also Light and there is no darkness within Him at all (1 John 1:5).

It may be hard to believe that there is a Perfect Merciful God (Matthew 5:48 / Luke 6:36) because humans are not Perfect at being Merciful/Forgiving at all, but Jesus Christ died on The Cross and even Forgave his enemies who were Crucifying him at the very moment to his death (Luke 23:33-34), if that isn't a testimony to The Mercy/Forgiveness of God, then I don't know what is.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

42 hrs is nothing compared to George Rodonaia who spent 3 days in a morgue freezer...

Or Emanuel Tuwagirairmana, who was dead for 7 days.

Or Dr. Richard Eby, who came back to life in a totally bloodless corpse in a hospital morgue...

BTW, you're in good company.

Even Jesus' own disciples refused to believe at first that He had come back from the dead.

The resurrection of Jesus, Lazarus, and countless others are proof that death IS in fact reversible.

Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe.” Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" ~ John 11:25

Then Jesus appeared to two of His disciples on the road to Emmaus. He started from the very beginning of the Scriptures and explained that He was the Messiah - God’s plan to take away the sin of all who would believe in Him. Jesus wanted them to understand God’s plan, and believe in Him. He wants the same for us today.

The two disciples ran back to find the other disciples and tell them that Jesus was alive. Still, the other disciples did not believe because they had not seen Jesus." ~ Mark 16:12-13

It's known as the "Lazarus Phenomenon", for those who aren't aware of it, God has a book out:

The Raising of Lazarus

Jesus, intensely moved again, came to the tomb. (Now it was a cave, and a stone was placed across it.) Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, replied, “Lord, by this time the body will have a bad smell, because he has been buried four days.” Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?”

So they took away the stone. Jesus looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you that you have listened to me. I knew that you always listen to me, but I said this for the sake of the crowd standing around here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, he shouted in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The one who had died came out, his feet and hands tied up with strips of cloth, and a cloth wrapped around his face. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”

Dave Roberson has raised 30+ people from the dead.

T.L. Osborne has raised over 100 people from the dead in Africa.

Smith Wigglesworth raised at least 25 people from the dead including his wife.

David Hogan's ministry in Mexico has raised over 400 people from the dead!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Woodcarver

T.L. Osborne has raised over 100 people from the dead in Africa.

Smith Wigglesworth raised at least 25 people from the dead including his wife.

David Hogan's ministry in Mexico has raised over 400 people from the dead!

Prove it. Cite the testable evidence making these outrageous claims facts.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Iamthatbish

"...and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. "

Jesus was not excluding females. Females are welcome to join The Most High through being Merciful as well.

Is this 'highest' dude the same as the one who created a hell for the unworthy?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Stop getting so up tight about terminology.

The sons of mighty were the giants bred from aliens that moved all the monoliths.

Religion was created as a lie to the world from the white man, traced back to king Nimrod.

Even Christians were designed from the beginning to turn away from the true Christ.

That is all you need to be so particular and exact about.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I do not believe that the merciful God is an independent being from the wrathful one. God is a being of both stunning compassion and love, and volcanic fury. One without the other would be utterly pointless. We see examples of both traits in his creation, the beauty of a still pond juxtaposed with the crashing of angry seas, the life giving warmth we feel from the sun stood next to the fury with which it burns...

God alone can perfectly encapsulate these things. The human way is to obsess over being one or the other, as we desperately search for a balance we are incapable of attaining, and have been since the fall of mankind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join