It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous quotes on reducing the World's population.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
With this new mystery illness spreading among children in the US and the outbreak of Ebola overseas, I couldnt help but to consider the conspiratorial aspect.

The following are some quotes about population reduction. Feel free to add more.

Prince Phillip:

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

Bill Gates:

“The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s heading up to about nine billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.”

Ted Turner:

“A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”

J. Cousteau, 1991 explorer and UNESCO courier -

“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it.”

Mikhail Gorbachev:

“We must speak more clearly about sexuality, contraception, about abortion, about values that control population, because the ecological crisis, in short, is the population crisis. Cut the population by 90% and there aren’t enough people left to do a great deal of ecological damage.”

Henry Kissinger:

“World population needs to be decreased by 50%”

David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club:

“Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing.”

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

"If I'm honest with myself, I can think of a load of folk that I'd happily chuck into a live volcano"

Me

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They actually had the balls to speak the truth in public.

The population of the world is getting out of hand and we will ALL suffer for it.

If you remove emotion from the discussion and shun the "every life is precious!" mantra, you have to admit that our planet can not continue to sustain our population at current growth levels.

Unfortunately, the ignorant masses who don't understand the problem are the main ones breeding like horny rabbits. Just look at the sh1tstorm that was caused when someone suggested mandatory birth control for women on welfare. Just try to imagine how many unplanned children are born daily on our planet... it's ridiculous.
edit on 9/7/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I seem to remember that keeping global population in check was a popular idea when social darwinism arrived (not that it really went out of style..) People were thinking about the dynamics of population and resources for the human species for a while, but it's still disturbing to hear some of the richest and most influential people commenting on it. Isn't this topic best left to, you know...scientists?

I'm sorry I can't think of any specific quotes to contribute. Star + flag!

edit on 7-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Answer

We are like a cancer to this planet. If you think of the planet as a living organism, we are the multiplying "cells" that will destroy it.

link   
Some scary quotes there, i have to say though that human population needs to be managed better for the sake of the other lifeforms that we share this world with, i just hope it can be done without cruelty and oppressive governance. Hard to imagine how really.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I seem to remember that keeping global population in check was a popular idea when social darwinism arrived (not that it really went out of style..)

I'm sorry I can't think of any specific quotes to contribute. Star + flag!

It just so happens that around that time is when the population of the world started to spiral out of control thanks to industrialization.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Personally, I think those who say these kinds of things should go first, and set an example for the rest of us. We could even have a suicide series for them, showcasing their sacrifice for humanity. Romantic, huh?

Seriously. I've made this unpopular statement before, and I'm going to say it again. What makes anyone here think the population figures handed down to us from "official" channels are any where near accurate? Especially considering the genre of this website. Question everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Apparently, Australia alone is so big, that every man woman and child on Earth could receive their own quarter-acre piece of land.

Every individual could have enough land on which to grow their own food and have their own shelter. With renewable energy (solar, wind, tidal, geothermal etc.), its not inconceivable.

Would it be a huge undertaking? Absolutely but this is just to illustrate that the situation is no where near as bad as they would like us believe.

edit on 7-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seanridesajones
Some scary quotes there, i have to say though that human population needs to be managed better for the sake of the other lifeforms that we share this world with, i just hope it can be done without cruelty and oppressive governance. Hard to imagine how really.

Birth control implants in pre-teens. When the man/woman decides that he/she is ready for a child, he/she has a FREE procedure that removes the birth control device. I leave the gender open because the method could be for either.

The difficulty is in developing a device that doesn't render people permanently unable to have children. It could be as simple as the device being used in some parts of the world in place of vasectomy... it's a microscopic mesh device inserted into the vas deferens that shreds sperm when they pass through. It doesn't inhibit the development of sperm, it just destroys them before they can be ejaculated. The best part is that it's easy to reverse if desired.

If births were limited to only the ones PLANNED, it would be a huge step in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Apparently, Australia alone is so big, that every man woman and child on Earth could receive their own quarter-acre piece of land.

Every individual could have enough land on which to grow their own food and have their own shelter. With renewable energy (solar, wind, tidal, geothermal etc.), its not inconceivable.

Would it be a huge undertaking? Absolutely but this is just to illustrate that the situation is no where near as bad as they would like us believe.

That's an incredibly stupid counterpoint that's been done to death.

The problem isn't with SPACE, it's with resources. Don't be vapid.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Interesting, maybe we just need to learn to live in harmony with nature and each other then?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
technically we can produce a human being (or more) every 10 months with a post pubescent female of a legal age so lets say 35 years to be reasonable which would mean you probably would see a massive population explosion that would in a few generations cause mass panic and food shortages if people didn't decide to pop a rubber on the end of it or pop a pill every day etc

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yes, and the rest of the land space is used for infrastructure.

People tend to forget that important little tidbit.

It takes 10 times more space per person to accomodate modern day living.... unless of course you're talking about going back to horse and buggy ?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Personally, I think those who say these kinds of things should go first, and set an example for the rest of us. We could even have a suicide series for them, showcasing their sacrifice for humanity. Romantic, huh?

Seriously. I've made this unpopular statement before, and I'm going to say it again. What makes anyone here think the population figures handed down to us from "official" channels are any where near accurate? Especially considering the genre of this website. Question everything.

Take a look around the world. Do you see cities getting overpopulated? Is pollution and expansion of our habitat destroying natural resources?

It's not hard to see that we're overtaxing the planet.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yeah, but that would be sharing, and promote nasty things like egalitarianism.

I prefer this quote

“The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.”

Prove to me that it's scientifically inaccurate and I'll change teams.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just build a wanking machine.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, but that would be sharing, and promote nasty things like egalitarianism.

I prefer this quote

“The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.”

Prove to me that it's scientifically inaccurate and I'll change teams.

Not to mention that just because you can fit the entire world's population into a desert doesn't mean they'll survive.

It's a pointless argument from the overpopulation deniers.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
It's a pointless argument from the overpopulation deniers.

I'm not denying overpopulation

But there has to be a better way than culling the masses and sterilizing the 'undesirables.'

Otherwise, what kind of species are we trying to preserve anyway?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

We are like a cancer to this planet. If you think of the planet as a living organism, we are the multiplying "cells" that will destroy it.

I've never agreed with that notion. We are more like cancer-prone cells who are otherwise good stewards to the host body. Mass population reduction in that analogy would be akin to dangerous chemotherapy. There are better ways and eventually even a cure.

With population, it is the same. When faced with extinction, we will eventually learn to kill the cancer without killing the good cells/people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join