It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Fight at Memphis, Tennessee Kroger 9-6-2014

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
Something came to mind late last night while thinking about this.
Can we really blame the teens in these situations? I think they should be punished for their actions, but I think that if they are under the age of 18, their parents should also be punished. I almost think maybe we can't necessarily blame them for their actions though, after all, they may not know better.
Kids are a product of their society and upbringing. Teens (of all colors... don't try to tell me you've never seen a white thug.)
are taught by the media that in order to be cool they have to act like this. Their rap culture teaches them that being involved in gang violence gets them recognized and that if they do drugs and know how to rhyme then they're going to have a good life. Prime examples of living the gang life and getting recognition are Tupac and Biggie. Mind you, both are long gone, but their music is still recognized and worshipped, basically. The only rapper I'll straight out say I have any respect for is Eminem.
Chris Brown teaches these teens that they can beat the sheet out of a woman and not get in hardly any trouble for it. And guess what? They'll still get the girl.

Added to seeing that in media and hearing this b/s in music, their parents don't care. And it's basically common sense to know that when children don't get attention from their family, they find it somewhere else. This is where the street gangs go into play, and they get the kids young. Because they are easy to manipulate and they don't have a record yet. The older members can tell a kid "Hey, you sell enough of this at your school, I'll buy you the new shoes you want/game console/etc." And these kids are so starved for attention and love that they believe it, but they are a pawn. And when they realize that, it's too late to leave because once you become involved you're involved for life.

But what if parents gave these kids the attention and love that they deserve? Paid attention to what crowd they are hanging out with? paid attention to what they watched on tv, listen to and play on their consoles?

I've seen first hand the families that don't care because they will bring their four and five years into my store to buy the new Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. I'll tell them what's in the game and they DONT CARE. I would care if my child was playing a game where you see full frontal nudity. I would care if my child played a game where you HAVE to torture someone... You literally see characters waterboard another character with gasoline.

What sort of example is that setting for a four or five year old? What example does that set for when they are older?
edit on 8-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
Here's the latest from our local news station WREG

Four facts about Kroger attack

Police describe mob as black males, witness told WREG there were some white teens

First victim was 25-year-old white male, two teenage Kroger employees where black and white

Victims were kicked, hit and had pumpkins thrown at their heads, all three are OK

A 15-year-old has been arrested and three others are being questioned

The 15 year old kid wearing the lime green shirt, as seen on the video, has been arrested for assaulting the Kroger employee (kicking him repeatedly in the head).

I left for the suburbs over 10 years ago due to be held up in our midtown driveway, front door kicked in, shed being broken into, and constantly approached on the way to my front door from my car for demands of money. Glad I made it out alive.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
Im a man of color, I went to high school in redondo beach,ca. I had groups of whites chase and beat me, drive by and egg me, threaten me, etc. I always fought back. When people are hopeless they lose direction and things like this happen, regardless of race. Not too long ago groups would chase blacks folks down like this and hang them from trees at picnics. Im sure most people will say , move on it was a long time ago, awww the beauty of white privilege. Well now fear and respect for white supremacy/privilege is dead. You either join in the healing process or things will get worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
a reply to: magnetik

I am not sure what that guy did that showed the people beating him that he was unwilling to "join the healing process"? How does the healing process even begin, and how long does it take, what is the healing process involve?

Anyway I say it was wrong, and I hope they catch all of them and lock them up.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
I would say that we need to move on from racism, because it's ignorant and barbaric in action. I agree that white privilege is still alive and well. If you are a white male you will get darn near whatever you need. Bonus points if you have a clean record, are rich, and Christian. But I also know that many people of color act like white people owe them something. That isn't a healing process. As I said in my first post, I don't owe a darn thing to anyone because of anything my ancestors may or may not have done to another persons ancestors. I am not accountable for something that happened long before my time.

It's not a healing process when a person of color comes into my store to trade in video games for cash and I can only give them ten dollars because they are typically old sports games, and I am called racist. It's not a healing process when a black man is shot by a cop and a mob of colored people attack a person in the service as an act of revenge. It's not a healing process when I get catcalled by a man of color and I ignore it, and get called a bitch for it.

Last I checked in this country we are all equal. You either join in that or things get worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:54 PM
My home state for ya. At least I can say I'm not from Georgia
Georgians here I say that because of the brother and sister that we're arrested not long ago for incest, Georgia is a great state and I love the Bulldogs too. Uga is awesome.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
The healing has to begin in local communities. A cycle needs to be stopped that is continuing. Here are two examples.

1. A black child is raised by his grandmother, does not know his father and it raised to not trust authority or whites. All day he hears about how the man keeps down (insert relative) and does not get ahead.
2. A white child hears his parents constantly talking about how black people are all on welfare and use the system. That they need jobs and do not support the American dream.

2 hate preached but seeds of prejudice. This then leads to hanging around others who feel the same and by the time they are ready to hit their teens they are racist little bastards.

That is the problem. Not rap music. That glorifies the lifesytle it does not create it. Not GTA V as there are millions of copies sold. It is us, as elders and those who help to raise young ones, that have the chance and are not doing it.

Those kids should have been at home with their parents..or playing a sport...or some other type of extra curricular and DO NOT say they are not there. 1000's of dollars are available and with the current left wing administration it is rampant.

I had a very good friend all through elementary school who was black. When we were in middle school I remember getting cornered by a group of black kids and bullied. I will never forget his face as he was torn between helping me or being shunned. He helped me. He was then called all sorts of names and basically cast out from that group of kids. His father was a hard working middle class man and instilled in him the virtues that there is no color only a human being.

There is a LARGE problem but it is not being addressed.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
I did a search and have not seen this posted yet. This has made me almost ill looking at it. This is disgusting. A large group of teenagers attacks a guy

SO...I am with you here...where did the next part come from?

because he is white, and the person filming laughs until they see he is seriously hurt. Even the security guard was standing by and filming! No one cares anymore. Will we see this on the national news? Probably not, which is sad. Any type of bigotry needs to be exposed, even if it is a painful truth.

Watched the the story...Where did it come out that he was attacked "because he was white"????

Another "White man" exits the store amongst the ruckus in the video un-accosted?

BTW - the security guard was filming for security purposes...evidence and identification? Was it the security guards color that made you think this was a nefarious act?

And...According to witnesses there was a white teen amongst the idiot mob?

Race bait much?
edit on 8-9-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
a reply to: Indigo5

According to witnesses...hmmm....sounds all too familiar....I do not see one 'white guy' beating the hell out of the poor kid on the ground. I have watched the video several times and do not see a black/white crowd running in the parking lot. There was a 'white teen' among 100 black kids. Too funny to use as an argument...

To be honest, I don't care if it was a white or black kid getting beat and blacks shoot each other without remorse each day. It is the environment. Break the cycle...

and as far the 'white guy' who walked out...who knows what happened as the video also does not capture the two store employees who were beat.

Maybe they were just playing slapcam...another great game....

edit on 09pm30pmf0000002014-09-08T16:13:51-05:000451 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 09pm30pmfu2014-09-08T16:16:56-05:000456 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
Wow that is infuriating. Not just the actions of the kids beating up the guy, but the security guard and the woman filming as well. The guard is supposed to be "guarding" things but he is too busy filming the assholes beating up on the solitary guy, and the woman is too busy filming to actually use her phone to call the emergency services so she instead is directing other people to call them.

Disgusting. And she is laughing about it. Imagine how that kids parents feel watching this video. I would be murderous.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
I have only made 2 posts today and both of them double posted. Odd.
edit on 9/8/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
And yes, there is some karma out there:

"A mob of Wisconsin teens attempted to rob a group of adults in Milwaukee only to be shot at by a West Allis man carrying a concealed carry weapon.
Police say that a group of teens attempted to rob a group of adults when one of the men pulled out his gun and began shooting at the teens".!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
a reply to: UnBreakable
Thanks for the positive news. More of these punks need to die in a hail of hot lead. I noticed in the comments of that article, there were dumb people saying that it was left unmentioned the race of the criminals. Of course it was left out! They were black! Here is your proof. See the lucky ones in the back of the squad car?

edit on 8-9-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
a reply to: Lyxdeslic
Hey this is what you fathers and grand fathers used to do whats the problem ? Different odds ? I definitely dont condone this behavior. People seem to have amnesia when it comes to black america. You probly think "black" history starts with slavery. Ever heard of black wallstreet , it was bombed from the sky by jealous white folks. All Im saying is when you destroy a community through violence, drugs, economics, white jesus, rape, castration, slavery,lynching, eduction,eugenics, media etc your going to have some very disturbing results. Unfortunately most people seem as if incidents like this reflect all black folks and form prejudice and racist opinions. The reality is black folks condemn this behavior by anyone, keep in mind these are teens. Think about it, This is entertainment for them. Why ? maybe the social condition they know

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:17 PM
I lived in Memphis for 5 years and this doesnt surprise me at all, unfortunately. The racial tension in this city is palpable. The whites don't like the Blacks and Blacks don't like the Whites. Not all of them of course but A LOT of them. Its sad because Memphis COULD be a nice city.

Now the police are starting to leave because the brilliant city council has decided to cut their retirement benefits. The Memphis Police Association has been saying stuff like this will become commonplace because the city won't support their officers.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:22 PM
a reply to: UnBreakable

Obviously. They've been hard at work making "Justice for Michael Brown" signs. No better way to release that angst than assaulting a young dude that actually has a job, and quite possibly a future.

They say the children are the future. In the video we watched the future was being stomped and pelted, those attackers are not the future. America has got to be better than this.

Excuses have been made for urban youth for the longest time now. These attacks may be new to some, I've been tracking this violence for years. It's not new.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:06 AM
a reply to: magnetik

So in other words this is all whiteys fault? The past justifies the actions of these wastes of space? Tell me exactly when people who commit crimes like this are actually responsible for their actions

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:03 AM
Sure, there is a lot of this racist/hate business going on anymore but I can't help but wonder if there is something more going on. Will violence toward ALL kinds of people start to escalate to an alarming matter the age, race or other reasons. Is it something in the air, the water, the food, cell towers, psych drugs or something else? Just seems like people the world over are getting more and more "antsy" and nasty and even violent for even the most petty of reasons. Nowadays, we have road rage and shopping cart rage and school bullying that leads to extreme violence, police rage, racial rage,...rage over just about everything.

What is going on with the human race. Are we, as a species, destined to be our own worst enemy? What frustrations or fears or other under lying causes may be behind all this venom? The constant need for wars against everything... wars against t*rror, wars against drugs, Cancer and so on....and yet none of it gets better or ends. Just endless wars against everything. Are we all just raging against the "Machine" already. Raging over our loss of control in our lives, over injustices, and greed and the corruption we witness at every level. These kinds of incidents are only going to get worse and there are myriad of opinions as to the reasons. Things better change fast or we will all end up bringing about our own demise one way or another.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:11 AM

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

A large group of teenagers attacks a guy because he is white,

How do you know he was attacked because he's white?

Are you saying they were a black gang who were stopping a crime, or maybe helping the police?

It's pretty damn obvious what is going on when a gang of people all one color goes after a person who is the opposite color.

Get real or

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:43 AM

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If you act like animals you should be put down like animals,

Animals? Why do people always insult animals like this?
I've never seen animals act this way. What I see is far
worse than any animals. I see humans.

Amen Randy. That average skull organ is starting to look way
overrated lately.

With only a few isolated recorded incidents, humans are
still the only species that kills for sport. Even more so,
each other and on a more frequent basis.

The social engineers have done such a bang up job we don't
even need a war declared on us by some other country...
I saw that and thought about Matt Craven's monologue in
Jacob's Ladder. Rent it once if you haven't seen it:
just that scene explains everything about getting 'unlocked'.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>