It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight at Memphis, Tennessee Kroger 9-6-2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's a distinct possibility.

They took nothing so it wasn't a robbery.

They did not appear to know the him.

So what was the motivation in your eyes?

I hate to ask this question because I think its loaded and in many cases unfair, but in this instance I believe it appropriate:

If they had been white and jumped a black guy, what would you assume was going on given the factors above?
edit on pSun, 07 Sep 2014 15:45:29 -050020147America/Chicago2014-09-07T15:45:29-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Are you blind? What reason do you think it was for? You have to be the devil's advocate? Fifty on one must mean that white guy did something to deserve it?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yup, chances are really good that the parents of these teens are either absent or POS themselves. Unfortunately parenting in the U.S. has become almost nonexistent.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's some other recent racist attacks by blacks. These are particularly egregious and undeniable. Of course there's thousands to choose from but these are a couple slam dunks.

Here's another white dude killed by blacks, his friend, a black woman, witnessed the attack and gives her account.
www.liveleak.com...

Here's some fallout from the Ferguson, MO shooting. These guys were told not to go into the restaurant because people were upset about Michael Brown. Soooo, no whites allowed? Is that racist?
americanmilitarynews.com...

And finally, here's a piece of premeditated and videotaped attack by blacks on a "white" person. They stalk and video him for a good long while. It looks like it could be a one on one fight at first, but naturally he gets sucker punched and then knocked out. It looks like attempted murder to me.
topconservativenews.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
According to an acquaintance that used to live in that area, things like this are pretty common. It is linked to the "fam mob" that started out as younger teens that couldn't get in to the other gangs. They have slowly been getting more dangerous because they use social media to organize violent outings. If you are white when they are on an outing, you are a target. This is all heresy from a friend and I do not live in the area, so I don't have any solid proof, but here is an article from a few years ago that talks about them.

www.wmcactionnews5.com...

On one hand we rail against the overt militarization of our police force, on the other hand this is solid proof of why it is happening. How can LEO's handle situations like this without body armor or other military gear? I honestly don't know, and that is frightening.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Racism is racism. This looks like a hate crime to me. And it's sad that white people can't push for it to be seen as a hate crime when they are attacked by someone, or multiple people of a different color.

In my small store, people of color treat me (I'm a little white girl) like I owe them something, and will be swift to pull the "You're a racist" card if they don't get their way. I laugh it off, because I don't owe ANYONE anything because of what my ancestors may or may not have done to someone elses ancestors.

I seriously wonder though with some of the things happening in the world if one day it might be more than "You're a racist," when they don't get their way in my store. It frightens me because we only have one person working at a time.

When you look at it that way, and then see these black on white hate crimes, someones gotta see that racism goes both ways, right? I'm not racist, but I know people who are. And they are few and far between when compared to the people of color who will not take a white person seriously, will automatically pull the race card, and the like.

Something similar happened..
www.infowars.com...

Sometimes I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

EDIT: My similar story was already posted. My bad.
edit on 7-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic
You keep on living! It's the damned ghetto thugs who need to go live on another planet.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's not a hate crime if it's black on white. Let's be for real.

If that had been a group of white guys and girls that attacked a lone black guy like that, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have taken the redeye to stir up the shiite nationwide.

I'm not one who even thinks there should be a "hate" crime label, as I view all crimes as involving "hate". Nobody perpetuates crime against someone they love so it's ludacris to even have the label. BUT if you're going to insist on having it... it needs to be distributed/used equally. Acting as if people aren't attacked because they are white EVER is turning a blind eye.

I am appalled whenever I see a group of people this big (regardless of color) sit by and watch something like this happen. One or two I can see because there are mean people out there. But this many? No. Every single one of them should be ashamed and a lot of them should be charged.

Just when you think we can't sink lower.....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I also see it as a hate crime. When the person filming said "oh they have a white guy" that was probably just a tamer version of things that were being said by the perpetrators. As seen with the precedent set by attacks against homosexuals, if you reference a persons race, gender, or sexual orientation while committing an assault against that person, it is a hate crime.

I have personal experience with hate crimes, and I know people of all different walks of life that have been adversely effected. I have a gay friend who was assaulted by a black guy who had the charges dropped because he said my friend started it with a racial slur. He beat him unconcious while screaming "dirty f###ot" the whole time and didn't serve a day in jail. The worst part is that my friend is biracial, just very light skinned.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I hate to ask this question because I think its loaded and in many cases unfair, but in this instance I believe it appropriate:

If they had been white and jumped a black guy, what would you assume was going on given the factors above?

Yes, race is one possibility. But it's also possible that there was another motivation. I'm not taking a position, I wondered if there was something in the video that I missed that pointed to a racial motivation. I had a VERY hard time seeing and hearing what went on... I couldn't tell if they took something or if they knew him... And we don't know what happened beforehand.

I have NO idea what the motivation was.

Given the info I have, if the races were reversed, I would ask the same questions. The video I saw (at the link) didn't make clear the motivation, a theft, or if they knew the guy. Your question is reasonable, IMO. I simply don't know what happened and it seems like a lot of people here have decided already...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I fear for them if they keep doing this. One day, they will do it in the wrong town to the wrong person and they will get attacked and burnt out. I just don't understand why everybody can't leave everybody else the hell alone. We should be helping each other out instead of this. I'd rather be your friend than your enemy. You can only strike me in the back of the head so many times before I put my boots on.

Oh, and if you want to take the pulse of society, always read the comments and you will see people are tired of it.

(post by GreyGoo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yes, race is one possibility. But it's also possible that there was another motivation. I'm not taking a position, I wondered if there was something in the video that I missed that pointed to a racial motivation. I had a VERY hard time seeing and hearing what went on... I couldn't tell if they took something or if they knew him... And we don't know what happened beforehand.

I have NO idea what the motivation was.

Given the info I have, if the races were reversed, I would ask the same questions. The video I saw (at the link) didn't make clear the motivation, a theft, or if they knew the guy. Your question is reasonable, IMO. I simply don't know what happened and it seems like a lot of people here have decided already...

At the very beginning of the video the woman says "Oh look they got a white guy, they got a white guy! HAHAHAHA" give me a break and stop being so damn disengenious......

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When I started to watch the YouTube video, I wondered what language the narrator was speaking. As it progressed, I could understand a word of English here and there, towards the end I was able to understand some sentences.
Did anyone else notice that?
I hate to see a crowd of thugs pummel a person that is unconscious with pumpkins. Or kick an unconscious person.
Those thugs must have raised by some great parents.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
At the very beginning of the video the woman says "Oh look they got a white guy, they got a white guy! HAHAHAHA"

Yeah, I heard that. Does she represent the attackers? Does she even know them? Does SHE know what's going on any more than you do?

You're making too many assumptions and you're pissed that I'm not making the same ones, so you call me disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Is that really how people speak?

We have a nation of sociopaths.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: smurfy

No that's not the answer.

The answer is proper education the answer is having a balanced economy the answer is giving these kids a roll model.

The answer is NOT rap music or television or more laws.

We need cultural change not laws and oppression. We want people to want to change.
Make it cool to be a good person.

Well, I think it's part of the answer done sensibly, like I said it works well in Germany, a country that is pretty much vandal free and safe. After a certain time they need to be in, or accompanied by an adult in a public place. It is a deliberate culture of interaction between parents, senior family members and youngsters.
Nor do I advocate more laws, I do advocate better laws.
I'm a musician, I don't consider Rap as a form of music, it is almost monologue added to a musical backing...cheapskate stuff, but still if you understand the monologue people may understand the message or circumstance if real, actually a bit like say, Sam Cook and a, 'Change is Gonna Come' a song I can listen too forever. What you are saying then is to put Sam Cook, and the Telly into room 101. In effect, what you are saying is another reactionary patriot act.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: butcherguy

Is that really how people speak?

We have a nation of sociopaths.

That's how a lot of younger people speak and it makes me cringe when I hear it. Go on any youtube video, twitter account, message board, etc. where younger people congregate and you will find that they not only speak that way... they also type/text that way.

One of the rules I had when I gave my daughter her first cellphone, was that she had to use full words.
While I know how ridiculous that sounds to many people (and how anal), years later she still does it on her own free will. I did not want people to think she was uneducated if she became too lazy to speak normally or write normally. Right or wrong... We know people judge others on how they speak. As witnessed here. It comes across as uneducated regardless of how you look at it.

ETA - a reply to: GreyGoo

I understand what you are saying completely. Those same feelings pop up from time to time for me as well no matter how hard I try to push them back down when things like this happen. I think a lot of people feel the way you described but dare not mention it. I would feel the same if there were a bunch of white people acting like they were straight out of "Deliverance". I don't think the younger generation takes the time to think about how they are being perceived or how they may be perpetuating bad stereotypes with their actions. They should. But they do not. The younger generation are not being taught that no matter what they do, every action will be judged by all who see it and it will be translated either for or against their race, religion, sex, etc.

It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. It happens and it will continue to happen. We used to teach our children that their actions reflected on the entire family/community so they needed to act better when out and about to prevent negative perceptions. Not anymore.

edit on 9/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
At the very beginning of the video the woman says "Oh look they got a white guy, they got a white guy! HAHAHAHA"

Yeah, I heard that. Does she represent the attackers? Does she even know them? Does SHE know what's going on any more than you do?

You're making too many assumptions and you're pissed that I'm not making the same ones, so you call me disingenuous.

No im not pissed at all, but i can also see your deflection for what it is.......

The fact that she even finds it funny that the group is attacking some innocent white guy and ganging up on him speaks volumes.....

SHE THINKS ITS FUNNY......add that to the group ganging up on him and whether she KNOWS them or not is irrelevant....

it seems everyone there was was pretty damn entertained that a bunch of black people are beating down a single white guy.....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yup, chances are really good that the parents of these teens are either absent or POS themselves. Unfortunately parenting in the U.S. has become almost nonexistent.

That's where this thread needs to be addressed, this FAM MOB bunch are not new, they have been around with many in special education, they have done all the same before and IMHO should have been be able to be identified before now.
There is not much doubt they have adult mentors, not likely parents though, get them and name and shame.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join