It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shielding.. the most important method of DIY protection against paranormal energies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NephraTari
a reply to: olaru12

Actually drumming sessions are often used to cross over. I suppose during this time you can request assistance of the ancestors and protective spirits, however you don't have to cross over to request help.
Is this a method you use? If so how successful is it for you?

Our drumming circle focuses on what an individual member calls for...usually healing but it can be anything.
Very much like a prayer circle but drawing energy and power from the communal spirit of the drums, dance and trance.

The drums work very well as does the addition of other instruments, horns, amplified kalimba, anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
A friend of mine went to a drumming circle awhile back. They used the beats to help people go to a place to find their animal totems.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Salt is probably the most common one on the list. I've actually known people who spread salt around the perimeter of their houses, kept a fresh line in front of the front and back doors. I had no idea it can be used in a bath to help draw the negativity away.

I read that a hoodoo method to keep the evil eye away is to hang a bunch of bananas outside your home. Or to carry amulets to ward away whatever energy/method/person you feel is harming you.

The salt spreading is to stop snails getting into the garden and eating plants and crops..

That's more realistic don't you think..?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalResonance

Or you could just line your doorways with copper, snails hate copper

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I used blessed salt and also sage smudge. We have St. Benedict medals, which have been blessed with the exorcism blessing, over windows and doors. Salt across doorways Rooms sealed with holy oil.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A clean and programed aura along with protective stones/incense and some helpful thoughtforms does the trick for me.

Placing protective runes has helped for ages

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I do the white light every night before I fall asleep. Kind of like how people pray before bed? .... I imagine a white light over all of my kids, my husband, and then myself.

I do this because I have crazy sleep experiences. I dream vividly all of the time and I also have a lot of sleep paralysis episodes. I have recently been able to do an obe without the fear!

I have also been trying to practice blocking people's emotions. I would say that I am a pretty strong empath...I even feel pain, but so far that has only happened with my kids. I try to imagine a white light when I feel like I am being drained from someone else.

Thank for these other techniques! I will research more and try these out!

PS - Some synchronicity for me...I was just talking to my husband last night about learning to shield myself more.

edit on 9-9-2014 by MoonLightStars because: adding a ps

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonLightStars

nice to see your post.

When it comes to shielding try sending back their auric cords or connections. You can also do this with envisioning a glowing fireball engulfed around you and its burning away all the attachments (negative/harmful) from you.

works for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

I always enjoy and benefit from others knowledge and experience. Thank you for the thread.

I have always used the protective blue bubble, even when I travel, it surrounds what ever mode of transportation I am using. I also use it in crowds or those occasional stressful moments.

I take salt baths and use it around my home.

The grounds around my home have Lavender, Sage, broom and a variety of edible plants and lots of herbs. I think that protecting my home from the outside in has been of great benefit, certainly the one that I am in now, as it was filled with and attracted a great deal of unwanted energy.

When I moved in just this past May, I got right to work as the house and grounds had been horribly neglected, and we had more than a few unwanted experiences.

I learned to make my own incense, and the intent and love that I put into it gave the house a much lighter feel and the knocks, bangs and bad odors have subsided.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The best shield is to surround yourself with positive people, literally.

People who are in positive spirit and actually cares about the well being of others (ie - Golden Rule) and is not selfish/self-centered and with good manners.

Malevolent entities have a hold in this world that's why such positive people are difficult to find nowadays. And more and more people are emitting or causing negative energies. People are becoming more evil. The system is becoming more and more unjust towards the innocents breeding more negative energies which malevolent entities love.

I wish we can take a more active role in driving these malevolent entities off our planet even the prospect of destroying them permanently.

Because right now, all our efforts in keeping our own selves in "positive" energy has done nothing to make our world better. In fact, evil is getting more rampant. We need a more definitive undertaking to really change our world.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Inner silence....and the ability to control your internal dialogue are absolutely key...

Salt, crystals, and talisman are just props they can help but won't save the day if a major attack is happening..
....the only thing really needed is the ability to hold inner silence...
In other words allowing yourself to simply exist and to observe the world "as it is"

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I suck at protective measures, so I will probably try a lot of these ideas...lol

I used to visualize the white light, but seems that was not strong enough, along with prayer.
About the only things I found that has worked so far is tourmaline,a raven's feather, and threats of sage.

Might try the salt.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71picture in your mind hugging a big redwood tree. Trees are grounding.

or envision a cord coming off the base of your spine and going into the earth.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Good idea, thank you.

Steadfast and rooted like a tree.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I always enjoy and benefit from others knowledge and experience. Thank you for the thread.

I have always used the protective blue bubble, even when I travel, it surrounds what ever mode of transportation I am using. I also use it in crowds or those occasional stressful moments.

I take salt baths and use it around my home.

The grounds around my home have Lavender, Sage, broom and a variety of edible plants and lots of herbs. I think that protecting my home from the outside in has been of great benefit, certainly the one that I am in now, as it was filled with and attracted a great deal of unwanted energy.

When I moved in just this past May, I got right to work as the house and grounds had been horribly neglected, and we had more than a few unwanted experiences.

I learned to make my own incense, and the intent and love that I put into it gave the house a much lighter feel and the knocks, bangs and bad odors have subsided.

How do you make your own incense??, that sounds cool as! I do the bubble surrounding my transport also, i had never thought of using it when in crowds i sometimes get a but anxious around alot of people so i will give this a try!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Please do not take this as in ANY way making fun of this thread! That being said - I have always poured a box of Kosher salt around my home and in all the door thresholds. Also around and in the fireplace. I don't do it for paranormal purposes, and actually never thought about that use. I would do it to keep crawlie critters out, like slugs and such. Kinda cool that I've been protecting my home from other creepy things.

Next time I "salt the grounds", should I be saying a prayer or something? I am not particularly religious, but consider myself more spiritual than anything. And not Christian, btw, so those type of prayers are out of play.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

For making incense I use Makko powder, my home grown dried and ground sage, dried lavender flowers, really any dried flower works (as long as it is ground), a few drops of essential oil, and a little filtered water to make a paste of it all, then I shape into cones and let them dry for a couple of weeks. It's really very easy and the ingredients are inexpensive and easily had.

Have fun with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek
No need to say some prayers. Salt will keep away those critters like slugs and snails.

but just know you have an added bonus when you do it with intent now.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

For making incense I use Makko powder, my home grown dried and ground sage, dried lavender flowers, really any dried flower works (as long as it is ground), a few drops of essential oil, and a little filtered water to make a paste of it all, then I shape into cones and let them dry for a couple of weeks. It's really very easy and the ingredients are inexpensive and easily had.

Have fun with it.

Thankyou i will be trying this asap i love incense and making my own sounds fun, the possibilities are endless! my daughter can help too. Should everything be grounded down to a dust or should it be less ground just so i can make sure it stays intact

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Just grind your dried herbs and flowers enough that there are no large chunks, easier to mold that way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join