It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilton Hotel in Saint John quarantined

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
CBC

Open NavigationNewsNew BrunswickADVERTISEMENT

Hilton Hotel in Saint John quarantined

Woman taken to hospital

UPDATED3:04 PM ATCBC News

The Hilton Hotel in Saint John, N.B., has been quarantined after a woman fell ill.

“As a precautionary measure we’ve quarantined the building for now until we can determine what the cause of her illness is,” Staff Sgt. Mike King.

"There was information passed on to us that caused us some concern."

People at the hotel have been told not to leave. The woman was taken to hospital.

The general manager of the hotel says the woman was found by cleaning staff. The Hilton contacted police around 11:40 a.m.

Four police officers are inside the hotel, while four officers are investigating from outside.

Public health officials have been called in. Fire crews and Ambulance New Brunswick are also on scene.

I hope this is a false alarm. Good job on the quick action, and hopefully it's not whatever they are worried about. Quarantine a hotel full of guests? It has to good info.

I am a little curious the info came to be. Did the ill guest disclose this out of personal concern? That would be the most reasonable explanation.

With new countries identifying cases it would be difficult but not impossible to ground air travel out of countries with suspected cases. Playing around with the line between caution and functionality could be a dangerous game.
edit on 7-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: add more

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hope it is nothing serious or communicable. Locked in your hotel for an extra day, I wonder if you have to pay for the extra night.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I hope it is nothing serious or communicable. Locked in your hotel for an extra day, I wonder if you have to pay for the extra night.

I am sure this is going to be costly to the hotel.

Anyone know anything about insurance? Is the Hilton covered for this?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What extra information concerned them? Let me guess, she was from or just came from a hot country with Ebola?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
She just came from an unnamed foreign country....

The Hilton Hotel in Saint John, N.B., has been quarantined after a woman who just returned from a foreign country fell ill, according to a platoon chief on scene.

link www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
What extra information concerned them? Let me guess, she was from or just came from a hot country with Ebola?

The Hilton Hotel in Saint John, N.B., has been quarantined after a woman who just returned from a foreign country fell ill, according to a platoon chief on scene.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

People fall ill all the time, even while traveling. Actually, being exposed to new germs from different areas while traveling can make one especially susceptible to falling ill.

For this hotel to react in the way it did means that they had to have gotten some type of warning about this illness, or found this poor woman in an incredibly bad state.

Keep an eye on this one, it could be ugly.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
She was found unconscious so she must have been alerted to have disclosed where she was returning from. A layover flight in St. Johns returning to Canada? That seems weird.

Why not disclose which country she was returning from?
edit on 7-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The woman is believed to have just returned from Africa.

this appears to be from a local radio station

link country94.ca...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
She was found unconscious so she must have alert to have disclosed where she was returning from. A layover flight in St. Johns returning to Canada? That seems weird.

St. John, NB. Not St. Johns, NFLD.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

My guess is because they don't want to sound racist... If she came from an African country, that might come across as racial fear-mongering.

It is Canada, afterall.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Probably because if they mentioned the name of a country currently suffering from Ebola, it would cause a wide-spread panic.

The fact is: even if she DID fall ill in a country that has an Ebola outbreak, she could still get ill with any number of diseases - they are more things to get sick with in those countries.

But even mentioning their names could cause un-needed panic among the public, which is NOT what you want when you're trying to quarantine an area and figure things out. The last thing you want are possibly infected persons trying to leave the quarantine zone.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good point. Sorry I'm western Canada lol. It's a big place.

Since you mentioned it I looked it up, St. Johns, NB does not take international flights which means she would have went through airports in either Montreal, Toronto or Halifax. That makes the situation like worse.

Is she a St. Johns resident? Or even New Brunswick?
edit on 7-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No "s". St John. Halifax International is only a 3 hour drive away.

BTW, I lived on Van. Island for 6 years in the 70's. I know. After Quebec it's all Newfoundland, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

lol !! was some great years back to live in a van !

back on topic telling the name of the Country will not change anything right nowas all the precaution are taken anyway i just hope the women will be going well soon. Poor hotel employes stuck at the job doing some unwilling overtime

( WOOHOOO just hit the evil star count 666 !
)
edit on 7-9-2014 by Dolby_X because: edit for the woooaaa star

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

BTW, I lived on Van. Island for 6 years in the 70's. I know. After Quebec it's all Newfoundland, right?

It has gotten worse. Now east of Alberta it is all Toronto

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

That's not good. Either it's the German job center all over again or it's real.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

4 hours.
Doubtful she landed anywhere but St. John, and was layover waiting for connecting flight? Does the airport there put passengers up at the Hilton? Either way, why are people allowed to fly out of a hot zone...if indeed she did?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Maybe the way you drive. It's 70 mph after you get past Truro(that means going 80-85
). 3 hours. Easy.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I agree. This if not done already, is the wake-up call of adjusting border security protocol concerning travel from African nations. As well, I don`t think the CDC in Winnipeg is prepare for the outbreak just yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join