It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doug Darrell Acquitted Of Marijuana Charges Through Jury Nullification In New Hampshire

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

It is futile to try and reason with that guy. No facts, no logical argument will get through because this person already has their mind made up.

All that will happen when one makes a logical, fact based argument is get an overly long essay of garbage that is nothing short of topic dilution. No actual facts, just a bunch of play with words. When that fails to change the direction of the thread, in this thread's case the overwhelming public support for the end of Cannabis Prohibition, then the credibility attacks will come.

These threads are always full of this kind of BS.

The reality is the dominoes are falling in the Drug War(or as the LEOs call it, the drug game).

Action is required at this point because of the popular support. The Law Enforcement crowd needs to wise up and realize that is in NOT in the interest of a country that cherishes LIBERTY to through people in jail for possessing a plant with great medicinal value.
edit on 8-9-2014 by jrod because: an

edit on 8-9-2014 by jrod because: arrrr

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

All that will happen when one makes a logical, fact based argument is get overly long essay of garbage that is nothing short of topic dilution. No actual facts, just a bunch of play with words. When that fails to change the direction of the thread, in this thread's case the overwhelming public support for the end of Cannabis Prohibition, then the credibility attacks will come.

I actually provide evidence for everything I wrote. Unlike you who can't even agree with yourself on many occasions, for example claiming on another thread that you disagree with the AGW claim and then proclaiming that you agree with it and that CO2 must be stopped... In different topics you have shown to do this and on many instances you show not to even understand what is being talked about.

BTW, i am not a cop. I was in the military but am not anymore and have never been a cop... It's not like cops can also disagree amongst themselves on this topic, right jrod?...

edit on 8-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yep...

Don't like the message so shoot the messenger.

Your play on words and attempts to twist/msiquote us 'activists' is cute EU!

My generation is demanding legalization. The dominoes are falling, not all of us get fooled by smoke and mirrors.
edit on 8-9-2014 by jrod because: BTW, I was part of the ASF(auxillary security force) at NAS JAX while is was in the Navy....so I was once a Navy Cop

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Then I apologise. However, know that the use of the sentence "to fully reap all the rewards fom hemp" would seem to imply such a use, since that would imply about "all its uses".

That is precisely what I meant. My quote: "Jury nullification is perhaps the best protection we have if having to go through the (legal) system until this insanity is rectified and we can once again fully reap the benefits offered by cannabis hemp and its varied and most useful products." And I do hope some day soon WE can all partake in the many and varied benefits of this plant's harvest.

I am beginning to realize your focus is myopically on the recreational uses of this plant but its benefits go well beyond those. Its uses include yet go beyond products of food, fuel, fiber, textiles, and construction materials. My own vehicle utilizes approximately 50-odd pounds of the product in its manufacture of panels, mouldings, and other parts. I doubt that I should live so long that I will personally utilize all its varied and beneficial products, though I would like to see that day when those would be available for us all.

I suggest you are perhaps quite short-sighted or very unversed in the potentials this resource has to offer. As well I might conclude you have little idea the economics involved to cause ingrained interests to collude to keep these products out of the market place. Seeing to our best interests are not a factor in this conspiracy. To the contrary.

Hemp products played a prominent role in our past and modern technology would have it to play an even greater role in our future, if only selfish corporate interests could be taken out of our politics.

edit on 8-9-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It will happen, regardless of the willful ignorance of some who think that it will turn everyone and their grandma into drug fiends. I guess that's what decades of propaganda does.

I can't believe someone actually threw in the old "it's addictive" bit. (Seems so 90's-esque. I actually laughed at that.)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I actually provide evidence for everything I wrote.

So could you please provide the links I requested for your "evidence" claims.

Likewise our brain naturally produces cannabinoids, and when you introduce it artificially your system adapts and your brain doesn't produce cannabinoids as it should naturally. So the use of it makes you dependant on the artificial use of the chemical. Then there is the fact that cannabis has many harmful chemicals that your brain does not produce naturally and have many negative side effects.

Could you link to studies proving your above statements along with info about who funded the studies?

Nobody that I know is saying that cannabis has no negative side effects but by far, the most negative side effects are caused by the fact that it is illegal. Any substance on this earth can be mis-used or abused. Big Pharma stands to lose the most money if it becomes legal so they and the alcohol lobbies are jumping into studies right and left. Add to that the billions lost to law enforcement and you've got some pretty rivers of green flowing into efforts to keep medicine, fuel, food and fiber out of the hands of the un-registered, unwashed masses.
If you want to know the real history of prohibition start with the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 and follow the money from there onward.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Senators
a reply to: onequestion

So let me understand this.

You are saying that you are happy that social media can influence a jury to disregard law and make judgments according to popular opinion?

When it comes to looking beyond archaic, politically motivated laws which in fact cause more harm than do good...yes, I'm glad social media can do this. Dont even try and make a connection from this to murderers. Stop the insanity!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

You ever think about, oh I don't know, maybe changing the law first?

Give me a break. You and I live in a rapidly growing police state dictated and outlined by things like the Patriot Act and NDAA, our own security agencies devote the majority of their resources and time spying on citizens instead of terrorists and our southern border is wide open although if we went to the airport to fly to a neighboring state, we get hands down our pants.

Militarized police running around with better equipment than the IDF and SWAT teams closing down kids lemonade stands. Our laws are quickly becoming a joke and why shouldn't they be, if the government doesn't respect the supreme law, the Constitution, why should we respect any others they decide they WANT to enforce. Meh.

Change the law? Yeah, right. Jury nullification is the way to go, maybe the only way until they get the hint and change it themselves. Your free all right, free to do exactly what you're told and unless the federal government decides to declassify that plant as a schedule 1 drug, it's not likely to be changed anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Now I think I understand your agenda....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In the state of New Hampshire it is within the law for a Jury to judge not only the case but the law itself. Therefore, this judgement, actually the second case to end up this way, happened just the way it was designed in New Hampshire.

Free State Project activists worked within the system as people have advocated for on this thread to make it permissible to, in court to a jury, bring up a law that has been on the books all along in New Hampshire. So yes, changing the law is what happened. This is the result. Thank you Free State Project and Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA).
edit on 8-9-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Instead of this useless als icebucket crap, we need to have a challenge where there are 3 people involved, one takes a hit of weed every five minutes, the second a shot of vodka, and the third an aspirin. Shouldn't take long to deduce whats more harmful between the three. Weed guy will be watching tv and eating cookies while the other 2 are getting their stomachs pumped.

I know why marijuana is illegal, and I know the law is unjust. Most of us here get it.

I've never said there is nothing bad about marijuana. Worst thing about it is it can be an ambition killer. Then again so can alcohol. When those 2 are compared, in no way shape or form does marijuana come close to alcohols downsides. The withdrawls from alcohol alone can and have killed people.

I hate the "medical" argument the most. Who gives a crap if it has no medical benefit or not? When's the last time a doctor prescribed someone whiskey? Yet no one bats an eye at it having no medical benefit, in fact it's far towards the opposite of that effect. We shouldn't have to prove that it's a damn medicine and force people to get prescriptions. Sell it in the 7/11 right next to the cigarettes and the booze and let Americans pretend to be free like we always do!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

With all the cure all claims that some are making about the plant, it would not be surprised if those with interest of keeping certain plants illegal are making such exaggerated claims so when those claims are debunked, the prohibitionists can jump all over those studies and re-attempt to demonize cannabis.

The legalization movement is in motion and getting stronger by the day. The momentum is too great to stop it now.
edit on 8-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Big changes in law occur due to the public changing their opinions in mass, not the other way around in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

As for how and why it is so easy for minors to get this drug? Because many, if not most, pot growers don't care who they sell to, including minors.

Or, maybe because most pot dealers are underage, themselves.

Obviously if we legslize pot people will just sell to minors for no reason at all...

I cannot tell you how many minors I have denied the sale I alcohol to, back when I worked in gas stations.

Either way, it is utterly stupid to bar the sale of drugs or alcohol to anyone. It should not be up to you if I buy beer (or pot) for my 15 year old. Frankly, it's none of your business, but Americans have become the equivalent of the nosy-neighbor, constantly spying on the people whom live around them, simply from a lack of anything constructive to do for entertainment.

Seriously, the "keep the children safe" argument is tired.

edit on 8-9-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Actually he lives in southern Mexico. No cartels. They are way north. Totally different environment. This Canadian knew that muchacho.

Oh, I see. So i guess you know nothing about the Oaxaca cartel from southern Mexico among others... Supongo que no sabes tanto como piensas muchacho. (I guess you don't know as much as you thought young one)

I guess I did:

originally posted by: Erongaricuaro
You continue to invalidate yourself in the same manner speaking of loss of liberties and the grave dangers of living in Mexico. Clearly you do not know. Thanks for drinking the kool-aid, you are clearly out of your depths.

See. You can learn things if you listen to other members.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I can show you how this plant negatively affects the brain structure, more so in minors. Our brains, more so on minors, continues to develop until age 25 and the use of cannabis changes brain development.

So what? Who gave you the authority to dictate the health of others? Who gave the government the authority to dictate the health of private citizens? Who gave themselves the authority to override my decisions as a parents and the activities I allowed my children to engage in?

Neither you, nor the government, have the moral authority to make health decisions for anyone other than yourself.

And the force of will is not evidence of your moral superiority.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Senators
a reply to: onequestion

You ever think about, oh I don't know, maybe changing the law first?

When you advocate for simply ignoring laws, even those you do not like, it never leads to a good ending. You end up with things like the OJ Simpson verdict where people now decide court cases based on their feelings and beliefs rather than anything to do with the law.

Jury nullification is the duty of all Americans.

We are duty bound to protect our fellow Americans from the thousands of unjust laws.

Jury Nullification should be used in every and any case from jwalking up.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It's already easier for a kid to get pot than it is for an adult.

You want to know why Reagan said pot should be kept illegal? He said because it made people sit around and read books then talk about what they read and discuss what was going on in the world. In other words it made people use their brains and that is something TPTB doesn't want to happen.

Yeah and Ronald Reagan also said that ketchup is a vegetable... Anyone can make stupid decisions and make stupid comments.

As for how and why it is so easy for minors to get this drug? Because many, if not most, pot growers don't care who they sell to, including minors.

Dont forget, all the Repub idiots that your hero Reagan was the one who signed the REX84 EO.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I actually provide evidence for everything I wrote.

So could you please provide the links I requested for your "evidence" claims.

Likewise our brain naturally produces cannabinoids, and when you introduce it artificially your system adapts and your brain doesn't produce cannabinoids as it should naturally. So the use of it makes you dependant on the artificial use of the chemical. Then there is the fact that cannabis has many harmful chemicals that your brain does not produce naturally and have many negative side effects.

Could you link to studies proving your above statements along with info about who funded the studies?

Nobody that I know is saying that cannabis has no negative side effects but by far, the most negative side effects are caused by the fact that it is illegal. Any substance on this earth can be mis-used or abused. Big Pharma stands to lose the most money if it becomes legal so they and the alcohol lobbies are jumping into studies right and left. Add to that the billions lost to law enforcement and you've got some pretty rivers of green flowing into efforts to keep medicine, fuel, food and fiber out of the hands of the un-registered, unwashed masses.
If you want to know the real history of prohibition start with the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 and follow the money from there onward.

He has no need to prove anything to you, you are purposefully not finding it yourself.

When prohibition was repealed they needed a way to keep the huge prohibition budgets flowing to the "Law Enforcement" or Criminals as I call them. They decided by outlawing a plant that grows on the side of the road they could keep all of their criminal EO busy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
To arrest somebody for growing a flower is the ultimate overreach.

People are waking up.

They arrest a guy for growing a flower.

Then they celebrate by drinking theirself stupid with fermented fruit.

Something is wrong with this picture....My hat is off to my fellow citizens.

And after they drank themselves stupid on fermented fruit, they decided to take a handful of pharmaceuticals for their sore heads and bilious stomachs, even though they cause liver failure and death in many thousands of people worldwide.

They'd have been much better off following Mr. Rasta's example.

edit on 8-9-2014 by MysterX because: added text

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join