It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doug Darrell Acquitted Of Marijuana Charges Through Jury Nullification In New Hampshire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good point.

The job market is complete # right now weather you have a degree or not. the warehouse jobs and production jobs that used to pay 17$ an hour are now temp jobs that pay minimum wage.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Docile? No. It might shut them up about this though. Hey. That's a win. My point is that it won't change the number of people that smoke. They did then. They will now. Those that don't now have had opportunity and declined. It's everywhere.

edit on 7-9-2014 by intrepid because: Bloddy sytax.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Oh yeah I agree.

Making drugs illegal doesn't keep them off the street it just create gang violence and police violence.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

originally posted by: Senators

So let me understand this.

You are saying that you are happy that social media can influence a jury to disregard law and make judgments according to popular opinion?

That is the entire point of having a jury. This is the common law in action.

I would really like to insult you, but that goes against the T&C.

I hear the motion and …

Second line the motion; all in favor…
…all opposed…?

Let the stars have the vote.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Senators

So let me understand this.

You are saying that you are happy that social media can influence a jury to disregard law and make judgments according to popular opinion?

absolutely. That's the intent of a jury of your peers. No victim no crime.

Witness the coming revolution of de jure courts. Witness the return of natural law. Witness the wholesale trashing of statutory law and the imprisonment of crooked judges serving the for profit slavery systems posing as a judicial system in this fascist country.

Good on that brother. God bless him. F the police. F the crooked judges and thier sham courts.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
F the crooked judges and thier sham courts.

Actually in this case it was the judge that pointed out that this was an option.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I think it's going to make a lot of people docile to be honest.

I think they are capitalizing on this issue.

Exactly. They want you to fight for these small issues meanwhile our liberties are being stripped away.

It's still a win to get people out of prison. Now we'll have more awake people on the streets spreading the word.

If those people were only selling to adults that is different because they sold to only consenting adults. But what about those who have sold to minors and have plans to keep selling to minors?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oh and btw, i really don't mind what you decide "as an adult", but whether you want to believe it or not this will make it even easier for minors to obtain it and that's the really sad part.

It's already easier for a kid to get pot than it is for an adult.

You want to know why Reagan said pot should be kept illegal? He said because it made people sit around and read books then talk about what they read and discuss what was going on in the world. In other words it made people use their brains and that is something TPTB doesn't want to happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Show me conclusive evidence that it's bad? I'm not endorsing anything I just want to see what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

If those people were only selling to adults that is different because they sold to only consenting adults. But what about those who have sold to minors and have plans to keep selling to minors?

Then they will be put back in prison hopefully with a longer sentence with some hard labor thrown in for good measure. In the states that made it legal you a still have to be an adult to buy and own it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It's already easier for a kid to get pot than it is for an adult.

You want to know why Reagan said pot should be kept illegal? He said because it made people sit around and read books then talk about what they read and discuss what was going on in the world. In other words it made people use their brains and that is something TPTB doesn't want to happen.

Yeah and Ronald Reagan also said that ketchup is a vegetable... Anyone can make stupid decisions and make stupid comments.

As for how and why it is so easy for minors to get this drug? Because many, if not most, pot growers don't care who they sell to, including minors.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Yes, as an adult you are free to decide how you want to live your life, but you are are talking about a plant that will only succeed in keeping you docile and complacent.

Oh, right, It's Sunday. I guess I was begging for a sermon.

Over 61 years of life and 47 years of personally dealing with this injustice I might have an idea what to expect from this plant by now, and complacency over this issue is not among them. What I have seen is increasing corruption, profiteering by the justice system, a ballooning industry of incarceration for profit, a massive decline in respect for our system of laws and governance, erosion of and intrusions into personal privacies, and an increasingly lazy police force who turn their backs on true criminal activity to make their quotas with easy arrests augmented with civil forfeiture. This is just part of the backlash from the prohibition of this plant. Its actual harm to society and societal values outside of it prohibited status I have not been able to discern. The loss of benefits afforded by an unabated use of this plant is enormous.

Keep fighting for justice in every courtroom, town hall, state and federal legislature, and throughout the world. Regarding the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything, I believe 42 was a miscalculation resulting from a dropped digit. The correct answer is 420.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Err, so you are claiming that the increase implementation of draconian laws are just to go after a plant?... No, they are going after your rights, and liberties. A plant is just a plant. Fighting for your access to a plant is not going to give back all the liberties they have taken away.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
How many kids get their hands on Achohol ?

If I had a choice about my kid getting their hands on either one.

Every dumb decision I ever made as a kid involved Achohol.

Every time I ingested cannabis as a young person...I went to Taco Bell.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I find myself agreeing with you on many things EU, but this is not one of them.

Many Information Technology professionals smoke cannabis. So much, that government agencies have to change standards to get qualified recruits.

The recreational folks, look just like you. Unless they told you, you would never know.

And yes, it does make you think outside the box. Especially when reading.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Every dumb decision I ever made as a kid involved Achohol.

Every time I ingested cannabis as a young person...I went to Taco Bell.

Um, er....just sayin.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Fighting for your access to a plant is not going to give back all the liberties they have taken away.

And not fighting full-out for it from day one is what lost those liberties and continues the erosion process and downhill slide to this day.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

The sick part is a lot of the judges and police and FBI are also involved in the drug trade or are users.

So I've heard from an old friend of mine who is in a position to know that.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Show me conclusive evidence that it's bad? I'm not endorsing anything I just want to see what your talking about.

I can show you how this plant negatively affects the brain structure, more so in minors. Our brains, more so on minors, continues to develop until age 25 and the use of cannabis changes brain development.

Research paints a grim picture for marijuana users who start at a young age:
•Teens using marijuana before age 18 are two to four times more likely to develop psychosis as young adults compared to those who do not.
•The teen brain is much more vulnerable to addiction. One in 6 kids who try marijuana before age 18 will either abuse it or become addicted to it compared with 1 in 25 adults.
•Studies show that heavy doses of THC, the key chemical in marijuana, during adolescence change the way the brain develops. In particular, marijuana’s harmful effects strike the hippocampus, which is critical for learning and memory.

“We know that adolescents who start using marijuana between the ages of 14 and 22 – and stop by 22 – have many more cognitive deficits at age 27 compared to non-using peers,” said Dr. Paula Riggs, director of the Division of Substance Dependence in the psychiatry department at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.

“It affects brain processing, decision-making, impulsivity and memory.”

www.addictionjournal.org...

The investigation found a 45 percent increase in drug violations reported by schools statewide in the past four years, even as violations in nearly every other category – including alcohol and tobacco use – declined.

School officials and health care workers repeatedly cited the location of medical marijuana dispensaries near schools and the saturation of marijuana in surrounding communities.

They say Colorado’s thriving cannabis industry and its advertising —online and on storefronts at more than 700 dispensaries — have emboldened young people to justify abuse and claim health benefits from marijuana.

But contrary to perceptions among students, doctors say marijuana is especially harmful to kids for two key reasons:

First, new research shows adolescence is a crucial time for brain development and marijuana use can permanently change the teen brain. Second, young people who start using marijuana before age 18 are much more likely than adults to become addicted to the drug.

“It’s an ironic play of events that use is going up at the same time that the science is coming out about its possible brain toxicity,” said Dr. Chris Thurstone, an adolescent psychiatrist who runs a substance abuse treatment program at Denver Health.

co.chalkbeat.org...

Here is another link showing other effects.
ades.bc.ca...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ok I'll have to read more about it but thanks for the response.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join