It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs' pay rise of 9% 'should go ahead'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

I think I might hang myself rather than see all us Brits suffer for yet another schitt year under these corrupt Tory perverts. I'm fuming.

I don't want the labour scum in either.

The election still basically going to be between a douche and a turd.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I think I might hang myself rather than see all us Brits suffer for yet another schitt year under these corrupt Tory perverts. I'm fuming.

So, why don't YOU run then?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja

Sure I may.

Needs a few donation of £100,000 as I don't have the cash to do a campaign.

Though the ignorant masses all ways seem to vote for the two main party anyway just because of family tradition or whatever nonsense. Labour and Torys could both eat a baby on TV and Im pretty sure either party would still get in. Both Partys got caught stealing from us in 2009 and we still voted the same scum in.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sure I may.

Needs a few donation of £100,000 as I don't have the cash to do a campaign.

Though the ignorant masses all ways seem to vote for the two main party anyway just because of family tradition or whatever nonsense. Labour and Torys could both eat a baby on TV and Im pretty sure either party would still get in. Both Partys got caught stealing from us in 2009 and we still voted the same scum in.

Tried using a fund raising web site service?

Crowd funding?

Btw, it's a three party system, you forgot Liberal Democrats.

edit on 7-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Same here pal.

A turd rolled in glitter is still a turd. Politics nowdays is nothing but a sewer.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'll be looking at voting for an independent MP if there is one for my locality

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So, what are you going to do about it?

Post more? Has that ever worked?

vote yes to independence and live in a country with transparent politics that isn't jobs for the boys. That isn't heavily influenced by huge corporations and where my vote will actually count and I have a chance of having a government that I voted for.

If we do go independent trust me. Westminster has some explaining to do to the rest of the UK

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

If I was Scottish and was going to vote NO I would change my vote to YES after reading the first paragraph of that BBC news report.

Salmond should stick that quote on billboards across Scotland.

Perfect timing..... Love it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tacka
I'll be looking at voting for an independent MP if there is one for my locality

But dont vote for a turncoat... vote for a new face... not a two face.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
And people wonder why the number of Scots, who have the chance to dump this nest of Vipers", is growing by the day.
My mum and dad have jumped ship because of this Today. and trust me...i've been trying to convince them for months now without any effect...way to go Westminster, if i knew this was on the agenda i could have saved myself a lot of hard work.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
And people wonder why the number of Scots, who have the chance to dump this nest of Vipers", is growing by the day.
My mum and dad have jumped ship because of this Today. and trust me...i've been trying to convince them for months now without any effect...way to go Westminster, if i knew this was on the agenda i could have saved myself a lot of hard work.

I know I cant blame the Scots.

Hell if my county held a independence vote tomorrow id vote yes after this.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The Scots have the same problems. Was it not Alex Salmond himself who spent vast sums in 2012 at the Ryder Cup (with his wife) and spent the next couple of years avoiding a Freedom of Information request. You may want to think an independent Scotland will be a land of love, joy and equality, but politicians are politicians. Mr Salmond's pension arrangement is frankly corrupt.

On the OP. I actually think MPs should have an increased salary and a reduced and more transparent expenses pot - this is what these arrangements are trying to deliver. Some MPs work very hard - certainly my MP works hard. That may be a bitter fact for some people who think that they are all scroungers, but here's a challenge. Find out who your MP is and have a look-see as to what he/she gets up to.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You know, I have said this before, and I will no doubt end up saying it again in the future.

The correct answer to our politicians making a mess of our country, is to fight them, and get them all out of office, not to sunder the country into bits and pieces until everyone bar the English has a government that is not made exclusively of fail.

I hate my government, and what they do just as much, if not MORE than some of the folk who will be voting in the matter of Scotlands possible departure from the Kingdom. However, I do not have the option of walking away. Perhaps I would if I did, but I would like to think I would be as determined to either fix the place or burn it to the ground, rather than just leave entirely.

Washing ones hands of the problems in Westminster, will not solve a God damn thing. To be honest, I feel a little betrayed as a British citizen, by those who refuse to stand beside the people of this country, and fight for its future, against the Westminster elite. The Scots, Welsh, English, and (some) Irish, are brothers and sisters to one another, notionally and in many cases factually, genetically even. We owe it to one another to stand together against WHATEVER threatens the realm as a whole, whether that be some threat from outside it, or a threat created and enacted at the centre of its power.

But the fact that the discussion is even being had about Scotlands future, is a mark of how badly wrong the Westminster set have been of late, and I really think that it is about time something was done to FORCE some sense into the place.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dont know where the £60+thousand figure came from, must be a average,?? but i'm sure yer top of the table Politician is on around £80K a year and this is the second pay rise they have had in the last 12 months, the first one being 11%.. take into account that they go through £200K in expenses, flip second homes, touch children etc, the bastards dont spend a penny of their income.

21% in a year and most people havn't had one in 4/5 years because of THEIR piss poor ability to do the work they are tasked to do for the public..?? you really have to question WHY they are in this Game.?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"They are there to represent us all - to form laws, to send young people to war,"

I didn't realise that was part of the job description, I'm suddenly interested in how many young people my local MP has sent to war...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

"They are there to represent us all - to form laws, to send young people to war,"

I didn't realise that was part of the job description, I'm suddenly interested in how many young people my local MP has sent to war...

Whos' yer local MP??

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

To begin with, I was against any break-up of the UK and the whole independence idea for Scotland. However, the more I have thought about it, the better it seems, with some caveats of course!
They need to break completely with current traditional funding via the banking cartels and should therefore take the step to issue currency, backed by something of value, not loaned at interest by the predator central banking crowd. That is what has put us all in the debt cycle we are now in.
Stay out of the EU as well. I've always maintained that if we have goods or services that people want, they'll buy from us, whether we are part of some federalized club or not. Oh, and don't even THINK of speaking to the IMF... EVER!

I'd also be telling old Queenie to bugger off and taking back Balmoral.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Politicians Have a LOFTY ideas of themselves that impinge beyond their place, if you ask ME. Like the people who want 15.00 hr at McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I dont know where the £60+thousand figure came from, must be a average,??

The current pay of an MP in the UK Parliament is £67,060 pa. Less than equivalents in countries like New Zealand, Ireland, Germany and Norway (etc.). A Member of the Scottish Parliament is just shy of £58K, but then has a slightly different job.

The devil's in the detail. For the detail look at www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk... On the Scottish side, the expenses seem more difficult to unpick, but each MSP has £60K to run a private office - which often translates as giving the wife a job. The Scottish expenses are mspallowances.scottish.parliament.uk... where you'll see claims for Council Tax reimbursements.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
John Pugh of Southport, a rare succesful Liberal Democrat MP.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join