It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Years ago a Time Traveler Warned us of a Nuclear War with Russia in 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Whether Titor thing is a joke or not.

There is one thing that stuck with me and I will never forget it.

"Wanna know the truth, no one likes you in the future"

Speaks to today's Americans not reigning in the government but playing Xbox and sitting on couch
edit on 7-9-2014 by BanTheTruthQuick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I do not know, or am too sure that it is proven BS. Whether it is or isn't, Titor actually gave himself a way out of "BS" by noting that there are different time-lines. Also, the civil war as noted in the OP

So basically no matter what happens he is right. Yeah that sounds like someone believable.

wasn't so much a shooting war, but a "steady series of Waco type events" resulting in the destruction of the constitution and complete federal encroachment on the major cities.

Which should have happened already, as the split should have already occurred with the US being fractured into two nations by this time. Proven BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Which should have happened already, as the split should have already occurred with the US being fractured into two nations by this time. Proven BS.

Or maybe, that is on purpose, get the bad guys (US government) off his track. And still tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

2015 is a year which I have found is a focal point in Eschatology and also some conspiracies also. It keeps popping up for some reason so even without the Titor thing I have been interested but maybe everyone just jumped on board the Titor train and there is nothing too it either.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BanTheTruthQuick

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Or maybe, that is on purpose, get the bad guys (US government) off his track. And still tell the truth.

Except there is no truth. So tell the truth by lying about everything? Interesting theory.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Well here is a quote of his from the link you just provided us.

...all paradox is impossible. The Everett-Wheeler-Graham or multiple world theory is correct. All possible quantum states, events, possibilities and outcomes are real, eventual and occurring. The chances of everything happening someplace at sometime in the superverse is 100%

IF true

There are multiple timelines and variations on each how do we know John Titor isn't pushing HIS agenda to change the outcome of the future to one that agrees with him and is simply trying to mislead us towards that objective?

IF true

How does one know the timeline he is in isn't different from our own? What if in fact he causes a butterfly effect by his 'Revelation"

IF true

Why doesn't he give us specific names to watch out for. You know, a retroactive abortion type thing. Putting a bullet in Hitler's head when he was just a lonely old Corporal while in the trenches during WW-I could have saved Millions of lives...
edit on 7-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes, basically, that is it and just the thing. Most of what Titor said came to be complete crap, some of what he said was on the nose. For the most part, I am with you and I don't believe the story, but I don't discount it either. To me, it will remain a possibility at least until 2015 (give or take a year or two) comes and goes.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I have seen many things in my own time travels... one of those things was the observation that Titor was a hoaxer... and not a very good one, at that.

Titor's tale reminds me of old Earl and Bob at the local barbershop. Those guys could spin a yarn that would last for months. It's one of the ways they always kept a steady string of customers. You could pester them to keep going, but it was something they turned on and off at will.

There they'd be cutting hair. The talk in the shop would peter out, and Earl would say to Bob ...

It was great being a kid back then. Titor just brought it back is all.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Did anyone ever find out who he was in real life?.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Everett Wheeler Graham as Titor explains it is a complete mind screw, in a good way. Remember, according to Titor, if a time traveler went back to kill Hitler in the trenches during WW1, he would only be killing Hitler on that specific timeline. Hitler would still exist in infinity other timelines and there are also infinity timelines where he never existed at all. There are timelines where you are Hitler, and there are timelines where I am Hitler.

And there are timelines where you are sitting where I'm sitting right now, in my room at this computer typing this message out to me sitting at your computer asking the question you just asked.

and vice versa.
edit on 9/7/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Putting a bullet in Hitler's head while in the trenches during WW-I when he was just a lonely old Corporal could have saved Millions of lives/

Off-topic: Interestingly ... The man who didn't shoot Hitler

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

How were they going to find out? He wasn't born in this time ... and he left with his time machine.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

But then we could stop him from being born and the universe will implode !!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

For all we know he was George Shmoe Sixpack, an average ditch digger from 2035. Who just happened to also be a time traveler that saves us from ourselves.

edit on 7-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

For those of you who are unaware of John Titor, he showed up on internet discussion boards claiming he was a time traveler from the year 2036 who was sent back to the year 2000.

So, let me get this straight. John Titor is a 'time traveller', having come to an earlier date from the year 2036. In between now and 2036, the world experiences social and economic collapse, and even nuclear war, and yet, within a few decades, time travel becomes a reality. All the science is worked out and put together amidst a devastated world. Seriously?

John Titor is obviously some guy sat at his computer writing nothing more than a science fiction novel, and some of you are taking it as literal truth! It beggars belief! Not Titor's story telling, but that some convince themselves that what he writes is truth, or even think his story is actually plausible...it isn't.

Physical time travel is an impossibility. Even in a 'clockwork' universe (which it isn't) time travel is an impossibility. You simply cannot travel through something that doesn't actually exist. Time is nothing more than the observation of motion and its duration. It can only be reviewed in memory. It cannot be travelled physically.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think that when it comes to John Titor, we should all be taking it for what it is...a fascinating story. It really doesn't matter if it's true or not. All that matters is the fact that these stories have given us a different prospective with which to view the world and our possible future.

In my book, an awesome story like that should be told time and again.

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

What good would killing Hitler do in a multiverse? What difference will any changes make to the traveller as all possible outcomes are already created within the superverse? I don't think you thought that through slayer...

I've read everything I can on Titor and know that he states he can't go back to his own exact timeline, only to one closely similar as he himself going back changed his timeline essentially taking him out of standard time. He also states his timeline was different to ours as something akin to the 'millennium bug' happened which covers any minor name change or anomalies which people use to call BS on the story.

The simple truth is you can't call this hoax out without actually knowing who Titor was.

And lets not forget, he apparently visited his own family, met his 9 yr old self, stayed a few days then disappeared. The family has a lawyer to talk through, wants no publicity and makes no money from this whatsoever (according to c2c who interviewed the lawyer)

Man... I could talk forever about this guy... And somewhere, in some other timeline, I am...

link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Physical time travel is an impossibility. Even in a 'clockwork' universe (which it isn't) time travel is an impossibility. You simply cannot travel through something that doesn't actually exist. Time is nothing more than the observation of motion and its duration. It can only be reviewed in memory. It cannot be travelled physically.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

I just wish we knew the author because then we could see his/her other work.
I mean how many Titor wannabes have we seen on ATS?.
He started it all

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Yeah if anyone could I don't think they would turn up to warn the world they were in dire straits, they would just time travel back to the source of the overall problem and deal with it. Sounds a bit selfish too turn up and say "You's are f**ked and catchya on the flipside" sort of thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join