It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Years ago a Time Traveler Warned us of a Nuclear War with Russia in 2015

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have said it before and will say it again, I trust that TT does indeed exist, so for any of the outcomes hinted at by JT character right or wrong, still Feel somehow on the right tract towards our true future. You know what I mean? Just feels like a legitimate possibility.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Using the same argument, the IBM computer he came for, would be pointless if he couldn't return to his timeline, so what would be the point of time travel? He could return to a time line that had no need of the computer or the code. The is no real valid reason to send anyone back into time if you can't control what time line you goto or if you can't control the time line you return too. If he could not return to his timeline would his mission be realistic?

What would be the point of sending anyone back in time, other than a experiment or because we can so we do.

The whole multiverse thing makes me wanna buy a bottle of scotch

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
I trust that TT does indeed exist,

I don't.

Consider:

IF you had a time travel device, that could send you back in time, it would also need to accommodate faster than light space travel.

If you used such a device to go back in time just ten minutes, you would be in deep space. Based on the earth's motion alone (not counting solar system, galaxy, etc.) your "current position" from your position ten minutes ago is different by at least 18,000 Km. Just one day is a position difference of 2.6 million Km.

So pinpointing a specific geographic point several years in the past requires BOTH time travel and faster than light travel. Two technologies that, on their own, are highly improbable, much less together.

And this doesn't count the mathematical precision required to calculate the precise point on the planet you need to appear at some great past or future time differential -- so that you don't appear in a wall, in the earth, or high above the earth's surface.

edit on 8-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I don't.

Consider:

IF you had a time travel device, that could send you back in time, it would also need to accommodate faster than light space travel.

If you used such a device to go back in time just ten minutes, you would be in deep space. Based on the earth's motion alone (not counting solar system, galaxy, etc.) your "current position" from your position ten minutes ago is different by at least 18,000 Km. Just one day is a position difference of 2.6 million Km.

So pinpointing a specific geographic point several years in the past requires BOTH time travel and faster than light travel. Two technologies that, on their own, are highly improbable, much less together.

And this doesn't count the mathematical precision required to calculate the precise point on the planet you need to appear at some great past or future time differential -- so that you don't appear in a wall, in the earth, or high above the earth's surface.

Oh 'it' exists as an LLC still making money off bs claims...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
John Titor's military insignia looks like that thing Scully found in her drawer after the phase reversal in the X files episode "Dreamland". That was written in 1998, could that episode have been inspiration for the hoax?

I've always found Titor too esoteric to easily read but that doesn't mean there isn't some truth there in the abstract.
You label it Hoax or honeypot and the Fletcher archetype usually moves on.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245
he said that he lived in a different timeline to us and so things may have panned out much differently in his world.

That "multiverse" premise wasn't brought up until lots of his predictions were challenged in the original discussion threads.

Whats interesting is that he made such predictions in the first place considering he was intelligent enough to know he would not be able to predict the future so accurately and therefore inevitably destroy his own hoax,a hoax which appears to have been well thought out and prepared in advance so why ruin it with such wild predictions and dates? ,the way he wrote them was like he forgot that things might be different in his world to ours yet he was certainly aware that a timeline divergence would change things but i dont recall him making a big point about it.

The most logical and simple conclusion from the titor story is that it is a hoax,but im not 100% convinced myself.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't.

Consider:

He did explain loosely the technology that dealt with this problem.

"When traveling to other worldlines there is a system of clocks and gravity sensors in the machine that sample the environment before dropping out. It's called VGL, (variable gravity lock). If a cement block were there, the machine would "backtrack" until it sensed relative congruity to the original gravity sample. A great deal of time and effort goes into picking just the right spot since you cannot physically move during a displacement."

"What's the largest technical problem when traveling in time?
The hard part of traveling through time is not the bending of gravity but the plotting of your course and holding to the basic "position" in your environment. This is done through a system called VGL (variable gravity lock).

Basically, the unit takes a reading of the local gravity and samples it during the "trip" in pulses. If the gravity is too far off, the unit stops or reverses itself to the last sample period where the readings were correct. If there is some sort of failure, the unit shuts down and drops out to where ever you may be."

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

Yeah, the "variable gravity lock." Funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe this John Titor guy is not exactly "wrong", and maybe he isn't right either. There are people in this world who are sensitive to patterns and certain nuances that the rest of us are not. Some are gifted and some cultivate this gift to seemingly magical levels. Levels, to the point that they seem (out of this world). There are Psychics, that make people hand over fortunes in lieu of this gift, there are magicians who dazzle people in Las Vegas every night and make millions. There are those who entice the mind, open it wide to an idea....and then exploit that wide open door to the mind, to make that person believe anything that they want them to. (see cults)

That said, maybe John Titor has this same special gift of delusion, deception, slight of hand....or however you refer to it, rather his gift is more belief oriented....kind of like the cult idea, however instead of getting together a cult with a dangerous ending....he is looking for lifelong notoriety for "feeling" the future by understanding the past. As they say, those who don't know their history, are doomed to repeat the past.....and isn't that what we have always done? Add, the current political rivalries and the ones who are most likely to be the new Super Powers and stretch the timeline to a reasonable scale.

Let's face it...by 2036, how many of us will still be left around to see this happen, and those of us who are.....the Internet will be government controlled world-wide by then and this John Titor thing will be long forgotten. It may be just that, 15 minutes of online fame, which he is certainly getting, or it could be REAL. I think the defining moment will be in 2015. No Nuke from Russia...no dice! Why? Because why would he come to this timeline, to tell us about something in another timeline. The "butterfly effect" if believed, this would be a dangerous thing to enlighten another timeline about. I think anyone can "predict" Russia nuking us or even China....but it's 50/50 isn't it? I mean, who else is going to Nuke us right? ....and now for MY prediction....just to show you how it works.

I predict that ISIS will Nuke America, long before Russia will. In fact, possibly Russia is flying tactically threatening Nuclear training missions near the US right now to find the right place to "Drop the Bomb".

(see here) Russia practicing nuke attacks on America from Canada

(and here) Russian Bombers Are Circling The Skies Above U.S., Ready To Strike At Moment’s Notice.

This is just two examples of many for the past few years.

I predict this ISIS group will attack first within SEVERAL major cities in the US....and at the same time. Why? Because the NEXT event HAS TO BE bigger than the 911 event. We were shocked by that, and it changed everything according to the world. Apparently, 2 planes...hitting two buildings....changed the whole world (go figure).

So, that's MY prediction, and I am no prophet. It will definitely happen between now and 2015....but it's only what I see as a pattern, as ISIS is a new creation and they don't seem to be very patient. Hence, why I say between now, and the end of Next year. No, I don't know the date...but you see where I am going with this right? The History + the speed of historical events + a determined range of dates + human ignorance and blind belief = inevitability. I could have planned this out to 2036. I would be dead then and would care not what people thought of me. After 20-30 years I would be forgotten anyway if I wasn't right..maybe even 10 years. its a win, win.

Now,...on that note. I am no disbeliever either. The mind of man has not yet tapped its full potential, and with the help of Demon's (or Fallen Angels, or Aliens),if they exist...may take us into the realm of what is not just "Cold Reading" the future. I mean, after all....hasn't 99+% of our "fiction", that was one no more believed than a ghost in the dark,...come to pass in our lifetime...or is very close?

If you want to know the real future, watch movies and pair them to the possibilities in life, make sure you factor in the future of DNA adjustments, from there Chimera, particle accelerator technological increases (they won't just sit there sucking their thumbs). Tesla, created everything we have today in reference to electricity, our whole existence depends on his genius from 100 years ago. There were men of the day who just lived in the "here and now", who were certainly smarter than the average man, but had to steal from Tesla,(Marconi) or try to discredit him (Edison) because he knew that Tesla was WAY beyond his league...but Edison had already built a fan base. Unfortunately, in this world..it`s all about who you know..not about WHAT you know...of your future vision.

My point is, there are those who are very good at fooling people because they are more astute at visualizing the nuances of life that others abandon everyday for cheap thrills and the media propaganda, and there are those like Tesla who were genuinely `men of the future`. The there are those that are in between like Nostradamus and Titor, who can spit out enough (prophesies) to where one or two will stick...because of the historical knowledge....present times superimposed over the past, and the future `predicted` by meeting somewhere in the middle¯ with a tough of the new age technology.

We will know by next year if his prediction comes true....or mine. I say it will be by July of next year tops, but not from Russia....from terroists. What's worse is that, this will extend to nukes going off in several countries at the same time, because the whole world has to feel the SAME THING to be able to put their heads together for the new world order. The whole Alien Deception thing will happen...but not for another ...well, whadya know....2036! LOL.

I have a very cool idea, that will expound on this whole John Titor thing. Keep an eye on my Alias, as I will be starting a link very soon. I want you all to participate. Tomorrow, type in John Titor101 into the ATS Search Engine. I want you to dig into your soul for this one and let`s see who has what it takes! Who can predict better than John Titor, using either their cunning + historical events ...or are you the real deal???

Remember, Search John Titor101 (no spaces), be serious about this, dig deep and try to deliver. This is me calling out your imagination, coupled with your intelligence, influenced by your observance of historical knowledge, with a coat of psychological paint, to dissuade the rational mind of anything it has been inundated with, in reference to governmental mind control. This is a challenge to you, a person BORN ALONE, into this world...WITH NO GOVERNMENT MIND, NO CONTROL...just YOUR thoughts, YOUR imagination and quite possibly YOUR gift to precogitate what will happen in the near future...indeed, within 20 years. Are you up for your 15 minutes of fame? ..or an eternity, like Nostradamus and Tesla. Do whatever it takes to deliver your mind to us....and thank you for your participation.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

originally posted by: LDragonFire

a reply to: LDragonFire

"He" essentially got everything wrong, from 9/11/2001 to now. I simply can't see why people are still considering anything he has posted.

Regarding the photo -- all light would bend… it's physics.

The physics is beyond me.

The rest is so easily debatable. How was he wrong on 9/11? He didn't predict anything about 9/11? He in fact didn't predict anything about us, he only told us what happened in his time line.

Lucky for me physics aren't. This educational experience alone has flagged this a hoax period. You'd think the guy would've made a comment about the first black president being in power during this nuclear war too to prove his point. He straight up mentions issues between Bush and Kerry...

Why are you leaving out John's quote that the president during N day was from Illinois?

Did you do that on purpose?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GeisterFahrer
Except that article is not talking about "Hawking radiation" which is what the Titor post was about. Hawking wrote his paper about the "escape" of particles from black holes in 1975. Nowhere in his post does Titor mention the loss of information which is what the later article is about. He is talking about "Hawking radiation.

Steven Hawking proposed the existence of microsingularities that were created in the big bang. They were probably about the size of a proton and disappeared over the years due to an effect of radiation evaporation. (Yes, black holes do emit energy.)
That is what Hawkings 1975 paper says. Read it:

In the classical theory black holes can only absorb and not emit particles. However it
is shown that quantum mechanical effects cause black holes to create and emit particles as if they
were hot bodies with temperature ;^10~6 —— °K where K is the surface gravity of the black
2πk M ,
hole. This thermal emission leads to a slow decrease in the mass of the black hole and to its eventual
disappearance: any primordial black hole of mass less than about 1015 g would have evaporated by
now.

projecteuclid.org...

Titor is a fraud.

from the link in your post (there is a copyright program that will not allow me to cut/paste) Hawking clearly states his theory is that large black holes would be absorbing radiation much faster than it could emit and that they would continue to accumulate mass.

Tiny black holes, due to stellar collapse (emphasis here is mine .. not LHC microsingularities) would emit particles (not energy) until they formed equal positive and negative energy repulsing and attracting each other while tunneling through the event horizon - which could eventually lead to degradation due to fluctuation. In other words, they would eventually dissolve.

he did not say anything about energy escaping black holes - he concluded the mass of the tiny black holes would continue to diminish, but that it was not energy that escaped it.

well ... not until 2004 when he recanted.

edit on 8-9-2014 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 16415
Turn off your 'TVs' turn off your 'radios' quit your jobs grow your own 'foods' don't pay any 'taxes' care for 'us' we are all the same no different set 'us' free, no hate, no fear only freedom 'one' needs change NOW help ourselves help our planet help the universe.

Best post i've read so far. I'll have to finish the rest of the thread. If we did that the system would crash.

Thankfully i'm around people where I could probably do that if need be with their knowledge. I'm a technician not a gardener, but i'm learning. At least I can hunt, I guess.

People should really read all that was written before they comment. I read it when I was probably 18 so eleven years. I can't wait to read it again with all that has happened. I'm sure I will view it in different light.

I think I read it on totse.com, but that website is long gone.
edit on 8-9-2014 by tompumped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
a reply to: NavyDoc

All the items i've listed are specific, you are only vaguely describing broad subjects that touch on those elements, show me an article from the 1960s or any journal that describes using viruses in the manner that I have portrayed, or has been protrayed recently in the past 3 years and in the film jason Bourne, we are talking about the implementation method not simmply talking about 'viruses' in general.

Secondly, the mobile element is not a silly prediction unless you are completely out of touch with the way mobile (smartphones/ tablets) have progressed recently, the fact that John Titor explicitly mentioned 'web service' means a great deal to the current generations that understand the shift from telecommunication to web hosted services (voice of the net) such as skype calls and eventually regular calls played over the net. That entire concept is highly specific and was no where near maturity in the year 2000 where we didnt even have colour phones.

thirdly, i explicitly said Miniature black holes..... not black holes in general....why do I mention this? because John Titors device runs on a miniature black hole suspended in a magnetic bottle that was supplied by CERN in the future, who right now are currently discovering this stuff.

I will go ahead and take the assumption that you have not even read enough material on John Titor to base any argument.

I'll go ahead with that also. I just mostly ignore, but read what that poster writes anyway honestly.

Your last post was informative also, thank you. I have to reread all the information, i'm glad I found this thread to decipher the information with the mind I have now.

But in relation to the supposed nuclear n day, maybe I should try to get in touch with my sisters ex fiance. He is now worth 18 billion. I'm sure he owns his own d.u.m.b.

If you really want to find out the guys name who supposedly hoaxed the whole thing you can find it on the other big conspiracy site with god in the name.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Not being a Physicist myself there is a lot I do not understand, let alone know or am aware of. All I know are things I read in news reports and some journals. That aside, I find this to be a rather timely and interesting short article for the thread: 4 Reasons Time Travel May Be Possible

A closed timelike curve (CTC) is a path of an object through spacetime that ultimately ends where it began, at the exact same space and time coordinates. CTCs were discovered by Kurt Gödel as a result of general relativity and would, theoretically, allow for time travel into the past.

If they existed in the real world, could we somehow harness these closed timelike curves for human time travel? As unlikely as it is, wormholes or Kerr black holes may provide the answer. However, as CTCs would enable time travel into the past, how would we get around unwittingly creating paradoxes? Let’s take a brief detour…

The problem is of course, any discussion of such in the public realm is only theory, and hard to test ones at that. If we are to consider the black world, where some claim time travel exists and is a program (not sure I bite on that but it is interesting) we still can only engage in conjecture.

Titor was in all likelihood a hoax but I think the story and interest continues on ATS because for one, we all deep down would like it to be true (despite his darker claims) and two, we all know the government has looked into, and still probably is looking at this concept. That aside, your comments reign some truth, the technological and mathematical skill and precision for time travel, if at all, is something we likely will not accomplish 22 years (if we haven't already). Though I can see us getting halfway there.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Titor story is good fiction. It's a good story.

John Titor or whoever he is- supposedly travels back on different timelines. But his observations of different events that supposedly he personally witnessed don't jive. The timeline aspect gives him a convenient loophole. There is no point to tell us of future events that occurred on a different timeline. All the future events just kind of dissolve into a timeline event stew, all mixed together. It makes good stew, but trying to glean important events that stand out from the stew and other events is proven to be impossible.

Maybe he should have described such events that are relative to OUR time line. What a concept.

Anyways, a brilliant piece of fiction. The author should write a book. He'll probably make a lot of money (as it being a work of fiction).

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

"He" essentially got everything wrong, from 9/11/2001 to now. I simply can't see why people are still considering anything he has posted.

The rest is so easily debatable. How was he wrong on 9/11? He didn't predict anything about 9/11? He in fact didn't predict anything about us, he only told us what happened in his time line.

Lucky for me physics aren't. This educational experience alone has flagged this a hoax period. You'd think the guy would've made a comment about the first black president being in power during this nuclear war too to prove his point. He straight up mentions issues between Bush and Kerry...

Why are you leaving out John's quote that the president during N day was from Illinois?

It was rather irrelevant given the much larger miss. Including the previous mess ups of several other predictions punted out earlier. If you can generally predict 1 out of 5 events, you have zero grasp of the future. Watch... next president will be a Republican and escalations with Russian influences will continue. I'm from the future, now give me 130.00 so I can continue to 'predict' things. But don't get upset if I'm wrong. You know these different timelines can be tricky. GTFO

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

I don't know if the date is correct, but Hillary Clinton is running for President next term and she is from Illinois. That said, I could see a Nuke dropping then. At that point in our history, I would even welcome it. Hillary asmPresident of the US? That means America has truly hit rock bottom and needs to start from scratch.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
The brilliance of the TITOR story is that it is impossible to prove it a hoax...

No. It's easy, and was done ten years ago.

John Titor: Hoax

I only just read about Titor a couple of days ago and have been doing a lot of reading. From my understanding of what Titor wrote, he said that when the time machine was turned on, a gravitational field was produced around the machine of a certain diameter. This encompassed the vehicle.

He also said that if an observer were to view to vehicle from a distance, outside of the gravitational field, the vehicle would look distorted as though it was moving fast and emit a bright light the moment it disappeared.

He also talked about different power levels and the mechanism of the machine's movement through time. You could compare it to a car engine, it can be running and the vehicle stationary. It can then be put into gear and driven forward or in reverse. (That's my analogy derived from his descriptions)

Back to the picture that you say proves that he is a hoaxer. I think the picture supports his story.

In the picture, they are inside the car and the time machine is on (generating a strong magnetic distortion field) but it is not set to move through time. The distortion is occurring outside of the vehicle, not inside it, so the light outside should be distorted/bent. That is what can be seen in that picture. As the light leaves the car window it bends. You could think of the field as a bubble and the distortion occurs outside of it. If the distortion were to occur inside the vehicle then I am sure they would likely suffer severe health affects and would not survive, let alone travel through time.

He also went into detail about technical issues in the development of the machine as well as when travelling through time. Eg. Issues when the first time travel experiments were done (machine ended up miles away) and when the machine leaves, a section of ground under the vehicle (corresponding to the diameter of the distortion field around the vehicle) also travels with the vehicle. Or to an outside observer, a crater was left where the vehicle was and he added that the crater wasn't smooth too.

Some of the technical aspects about the time machine that people are complaining about here were answered by Titor. You just need to take the time and read what Titor wrote in response to people's questions.

Anyhow, I just thought that I would put out a different interpretation of that picture. I'm sure there are many people who just 'joined the bandwagon' and accepted it as proof of a hoax rather than reading what he wrote and analysing the picture for themselves. I know that's what I did initially.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boris57

Titor's babble is typical of BS junk science, combined with enough Hollywood science fiction to feel like it makes sense.

Any gravity strong enough to bend light, bends ALL LIGHT, not just the light in a laser pointer.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boris57

oh dear

how did titor " explain " how a person could stand within a metre of an aledged gravity well that bent light

and as you invoke " magnetic fields " - same question

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join