It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Smith Expired

page: 1

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:22 AM
I just recently bought an HTC one mobile phone , Android. Today l received a error message after rebooting my phone that says Smith expired "HTC logger app."

Also after it's appearance l can no longer send or receive text messages or calls. Has anyone else had similar issues, and if so, do you have any info pertaining to it....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:28 AM
a reply to: Daedal

Can you get into your settings and do a factory reset?
All your info should be synced to your gmail, so you shouldn't lose anything.
Or check for an update on the phone, will be in the settings as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:33 AM
a reply to: Sremmos80

I tried that, didn't work. Also updated everything earlier today, did a reboot then tried calling and sending texts but, no good.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:25 AM
All I can add is - 'logger app' is never a good phrase to it on a phone or a computer. Extremely strange that resetting it did not fix the problem - Even if some logger malware was on your phone a factory reset should clear it up..I would take this problem down to the professionals at your local carrier shop.

If it is a new phone and they cannot figure it out - they should give you a new one no problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
a reply to: lightedhype
Not sure about the malware issue, however, I will be going to the professionals first thing in the morning.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:23 AM
a reply to: Daedal

Is your carrier Sprint ?
I've found this which may prove useful and solve your problem , it seems it's a known issue.

This is a logger made especially for Sprint! And they do not even know that! Each HTC phone has 2 loggers, one for HTC and one for the carrier. These logging tools are for keeping track of errors on the phone. Every phone, by law has to have a logger.
To reset this you will need to clear the cache in the boot menu. Resetting the phone to original factory does NOT fix it. After clearing the Cache in the reboot menu you will need to go to Settings>>Apps>>All>> find Smith>>clear defaults>> Then do the same for the app "QX****" Once you have done that, RESTART your phone. The problem is now solved.

Here's a temp fix from Sprint.

There is a workaround available for the Smith-Expired error.
1. Open the Smith Logging Tool, either by tapping on the "Click here to open" in the notification or via the Phone Dialer by pressing *#*#SMITH#*#* (*#*#76484#*#*).
2. Turn off any of the three logging tools that may be on.
3. Turn off Fast boot (under Settings > Power), then power cycle and wipe the cache partition.
4. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Smith and Clear data, Force stop, then Clear defaults. Note: Clear defaults may be greyed out.
5. Tap the Back key to return to the Apps > All list and tap QXDM2SD, then Clear data, Force stop, and Clear defaults. If you power cycle the phone, the Smith program will restart and the notification may return. HTC is aware of the problem and a fix will be implemented in a coming update.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you. - Toya Sprint Social Care

Hope that helps.

edit on 7-9-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
a reply to: gortex
I did a little searching around, thanks for the info. Apparently many users are experiencing the error message. From what I've gather Sprint and HTC are working on a patch to fix the issue, hopefully soon .

new topics