It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
This is a logger made especially for Sprint! And they do not even know that! Each HTC phone has 2 loggers, one for HTC and one for the carrier. These logging tools are for keeping track of errors on the phone. Every phone, by law has to have a logger.
To reset this you will need to clear the cache in the boot menu. Resetting the phone to original factory does NOT fix it. After clearing the Cache in the reboot menu you will need to go to Settings>>Apps>>All>> find Smith>>clear defaults>> Then do the same for the app "QX****" Once you have done that, RESTART your phone. The problem is now solved.
There is a workaround available for the Smith-Expired error.
1. Open the Smith Logging Tool, either by tapping on the "Click here to open" in the notification or via the Phone Dialer by pressing *#*#SMITH#*#* (*#*#76484#*#*).
2. Turn off any of the three logging tools that may be on.
3. Turn off Fast boot (under Settings > Power), then power cycle and wipe the cache partition.
4. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Smith and Clear data, Force stop, then Clear defaults. Note: Clear defaults may be greyed out.
5. Tap the Back key to return to the Apps > All list and tap QXDM2SD, then Clear data, Force stop, and Clear defaults. If you power cycle the phone, the Smith program will restart and the notification may return. HTC is aware of the problem and a fix will be implemented in a coming update.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you. - Toya Sprint Social Care