It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai woman receives ‘telepathic message’ from France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For the first time, scientists have been able to send a simple mental message from one person to another without any contact between the two, thousands of miles apart in India and France. The woman in Mumbai received the message from a person in France.

Research led by experts at Harvard University shows technology can be used to transmit information from one person’s brain to another’s even, as in this case, if they are thousands of miles away.
“It is kind of technological realisation of the dream of telepathy, but it is definitely not magical,” Giulio Ruffini, a theoretical physicist and co-author of the research, told AFP by phone from Barcelona.

I think this is very interesting, although not telepathic in the sense that I thought it would be reading the news headline nonetheless I still think its fascinating,

For the experiment, one person wearing a wireless, Internet-linked electroencephalogram or EEG would think a simple greeting, like “hola,” or “ciao.”
A computer translated the words into digital binary code, presented by a series of 1s or 0s.
Then, this message was emailed from India to France, and delivered via robot to the receiver, who through non-invasive brain stimulation could see flashes of light in their peripheral vision.
The subjects receiving the message did not hear or see the words themselves, but were correctly able to report the flashes of light that corresponded to the message.

Researchers have been attempting to send a message from person to person this way for about a decade, and admit that this is still in rudimentary phases but hope that in the longer term this could radically change the way we communicate with each other.

link

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Interesting.

I was tested for narcolepsy (it was actually anaemia) using EEG, and it really was a spectacular light show, just from those electrodes round my head my vision became like a psychedelic movie of animated fractals, it was like seeing into another dimension.

Sounds like this research has proven that the 'light pattern' in the recipients peripheral vision was able to be decoded by the brain.

Words - binary - lights - words.

essentially, words can be translated to binary, which can be translated to light signals, which can be decoded by the brain to words.

This has all sorts of possibilities. Including those of the MKUltra variety.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think there's already a thread or 2 on this

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
the thing that gets me is..

"Then, this message was emailed from India to France, and delivered via robot to the receiver, who through non-invasive brain stimulation could see flashes of light in their peripheral vision."

So it was he eyes that saw the flashing light of a message transmitted essentially via Email.

We do that now pretty much, using symbols to represent ideas. or.. Words.

when they can relay the actual feelings or intent, which surpasses words and pictorial images, then I will really be struck. it's interesting for sure, but still relies on having our normal senses to at least receive the message.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Not telepathy, but interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

I never get excited about technological telepathy, that crap CIA can do with microwaves for 40 years.

Give me the real deal, the stuff ETs got

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It has interesting implications for when the technology has become refined.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha
a wireless, Internet-linked electroencephalogram

No.

I'm good.
edit on 7-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join