It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corn or Marijuana???? Pollen Drift = Pandemic....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok, so the reasoning behind this thread is another thread......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have to give credit where it is due.

So on to my oddball theory......the states listed in that thread are Colorado, Ohio and Illinois. Now I know these three states are not the top producers of either corn or marijuana, but I do know that they are close in both.

So all this sickness that seems to be hitting multiple areas got me wondering how it could possibly travel this fast and have so many different viral entities out there that symptoms everywhere are unlike ones we have seen before.

Now, I am sure the government has done things in the past that we all love to theorize about. But what if this is half government born and half nature born. What if GMO built something that has caused a reaction in nature to fight back?

So this brought me to crops and seeing what is the most produced that has the ability to pollenate...well....I will show you what produces the most pollen of all.

Corn pollen is particularly prone to pollen drift. Corn plants release their pollen for around a week, and an entire field may take up to two weeks to completely release its pollen; pollen release usually shows a spike two to three days after half the plants have released their pollen. Each individual plant can produce 4 to 5 million individual pollen grains. Its pollen is among the largest particles that can be found in the air, and is spherical in its shape. It can drift up to half a mile and remain viable for several days in optimal conditions. These factors all create a considerable possibility for one corn field to cross-pollinate another, even if just a small percentage of the pollen shed by a given field drifts into a different field.[1]

Source

Corn producers can reduce the chance of cross-contamination via pollen drift by separating fields by at least 150 feet (46 m); however, many identity preserved corn programs require that non-GMO fields be separated from GMO corn by a distance of at least 660 feet (200 m).[2] They may also utilize a technique called 'flooding' by surrounding their fields with a border of non-GMO corn, the theory being that these 'border rows' of corn will dilute any outside pollen, thus reducing the risk of cross-contamination. Producers can also alternate planting dates to prevent crops from releasing their pollen at similar times.

Now corn can drift, from what I have read, up to 200M. Marijuana pollen drift has been reported to have been studied in Europe with drift ties to Morroco.

Abstract
As a result of aerobiological samples taken on the Costa del Sol (S. Spain), Cannabis sativa L. (marihuana) pollen was detected from May to September 1991–1996, always sporadically and usually during the afternoons. Sampling was by two volumetric spore traps set up in Malaga and Estepona, two coastal towns approximately 90 km apart. A study of the days when this pollen was recorded points to the movement of air masses from North Africa to southern Spain. Furthermore, the isentropic air trajectories calculated for these days reinforce the possibility of the pollen originating in marihuana plantations in northern Morocco (Rif). This study demonstrates the application of aerobiology to the control of the source, quantity and phenology of the crop.

Source

So the conspiracy I pose is this....what if nature is fighting back? What if the GMO crops are pollen drifting into the natural crops and the natural crops are fighting back? What if the crops are allowing these viruses, or creating them, to fight back? They are able to cross countries with pollen drift, so why not allow a virus or bacteria to catch a ride? Is this why, or a possible cause, to the reason for so many odd sicknesses being reported in the world?

Oh....and the town in the thread I linked to at the top is Quincy, IL.....nice corn production there....

Anywho...just an odd theory that popped into my head on this subject.
edit on 9/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Seeing how both crops have been grown here in the states for decades with no sign of any sort of disease it seems doubtful they are the cause.
2nd

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That's exactly what I am wondering...GMO crops have not been here for decades. Plenty of farmers try to prevent cross pollination through various means. What if GMO crops are somehow able to allow a virus or bacteria to live on them...say one that has over the last few years been able to adapt to travel or leach off the plant for a ride.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

it is possible nature has had enough of us pesky humans,i have always wondered if there is a cordyceps out there specifically for human beings

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok....here is an article from 2010...it talks about bees killing other bees via viruses they are carrying from pollen.

source

Eleven species of wild pollinators in the United States have turned up carrying some of the viruses known to menace domestic honeybees, possibly picked up via flower pollen.
Most of these native pollinators haven’t been recorded with honeybee viruses before, according to Diana Cox-Foster of Pennsylvania State University in University Park. The new analysis raises the specter of diseases swapping around readily among domestic and wild pollinators, Cox-Foster and her colleagues report online Dec. 22 in PLoS ONE.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

it is possible nature has had enough of us pesky humans,i have always wondered if there is a cordyceps out there specifically for human beings

Wow...never seen that video. Thanks! And yes...really makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What you are saying is possible I suppose, but it may be the pollen weakening the immune system that is a problem. If our immune system shifts it's T-cell production to fight something in the pollen, it can lower it's virus defenses. If they spliced bacteria or fungal genes to the plants, it is possible our bodies are shifting focus. Now the GM food is not what is making us sick directly if this is the case, it would be our immune response that is making us sick......caused by the GM products.

I can't say this is probable, but it could be possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nice...had not thought of that at all. Now that is a very interesting angle. The crops are pollen drifting and causing weakened immune systems allowing for viruses and bacteria to widely and rapidly infect populations.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

If your body was on guard against the BT germ, it could steer it's resources toward fighting that. Now we automatically fight the baccilus thuringiensis , so it won't kill most people nor make them sick. It is present in most soils. But what happens if our body thinks that this bacteria is all over, it will respond and boost immunity to that.

This could cause it to shift away from viruses.

edit on 6-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well then....haven't you subtly darkened this thread. You have obviously thought of this before. Is there another thread on this on ATS somewhere?

Have to say I like the way you think...very profiling and abstract.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Interesting statements from this site...

Crops that are wind or insect pollinated are more at risk of gene dispersal than self-pollinating varieties, but there is still a significant risk despite this. It is by nature a design of plants to cross pollinate to spread genes further afield.

Maize, oil seed rape, sugar beet, barley, among others, are wind and insect pollinated, allowing pollen to travel large distances. Peas, wheat and beans are self-pollinating normally, although when conditions are favourable these species are also wind pollinated. In some cases the plants must be cross pollinated in order for the seeds to be viable.

In GM crop fields, pollen drift and insect pollination create obvious problems for nearby non-GM or organic crops. Sugar beet, Maize and oil seed rape pollen is light enough to travel long distances. Unfortunately identifying cross contaminated plants is only possible by laboratory testing

source

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ok...so now I am sitting here wondering...what if a virus can be pollinated? Or, as rickymouse proposed, what if pollination of a certain type lowered our immune systems to viruses? I really don't think this is too far of a stretch seeing as how our government fluoridates water so our tooth decay happens less frequently.

Why would something we either eat or breathe be any different?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
And thinking on it a bit more...

What if this is the end game for big pharma? What if the plan for big pharma is to suppress immune system....is that the answer to making more money?

My mind is really wandering but oddly I can easily connect these dots.
edit on 9/7/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hmmm I always thought these crops can't even pollinate like normal plants do considering how much they have been selectively bred over the years. IF t hat was the case then farmers would need to place their massive crops in certain places to pollinate each others.

Marijuana needs to be artificially pollinated to make it, and sweet corn as well.
So, in theory these plants aren't prone to any diseases or something like it.

I have a Persian lime tree, and I don't even need to pollinate it to produce fruit, it flowers, and grows limes! Simple as that, and I live in Canada and it's in doors for more than 6 months of the year!

So imagine what actual farmers can do with entire crops.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Marijuana needs to be artificially pollinated to make it,

thats not right....howtogrowmarijuana.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
A very timely thread considering it's just turned to spring here in this corner of the world. There was a picture in the local paper today of a dense orange cloud floating down a major valley near here and it's an annual event lasting a week or more. There are large plantations of radiata pine there and these happen to be one of many types of 'wind pollinators' IE plants that don't rely on insect or bird activity to spread their pollen around. Coral reef polyps use the same approach but underwater.

It produces an annual epidemic of asthma and hay fever allergy type problems in the area without any need of GMO payloads but that is an interesting theory to consider for exploitation. Maybe a little too localised in the big picture to be really effective against a population.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: buster2010

That's exactly what I am wondering...GMO crops have not been here for decades. Plenty of farmers try to prevent cross pollination through various means. What if GMO crops are somehow able to allow a virus or bacteria to live on them...say one that has over the last few years been able to adapt to travel or leach off the plant for a ride.

We have been growing GMO corn for the last 14 years so if it were the cause it would have happened before now.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Well then....haven't you subtly darkened this thread. You have obviously thought of this before. Is there another thread on this on ATS somewhere?

Have to say I like the way you think...very profiling and abstract.

Nope, I have studied how foods we eat steers our immunity. I haven't actually applied this knowledge to this or other subjects yet, this thread got me thinking. I really should eat more foods to make me dumb and ignorant again. Thinking most of the time sucks. If I go out cutting firewood it kind of dumbs me down a bit, the chemicals created by exercise kind of dope you up. Why do you think that the government really wants people to exercise.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm no biologist but it doesn't seem to me that organisms should be able to distinguish between GMO and non GMO genes and do anything entirely new based on that. The most you could hope for I think would be some new genetic diversity in viruses produced in the usual way, as genes that wouldn't normally be available in the hosts of any given virus are introduced to the hosts by genetic modification. For example, it seems fairly unlikely that one virus would interact with both fruit and jellyfish because they come from radically different environments, until we put jellyfish genes in fruit to make them resist freezing. Then when the same old virus infects the fruit and starts swapping genes it can suddenly access some new genetic tools at random that were never available before. This theoretically could include picking up some new protiens that make a virus better able to survive and travel with pollen.

Marijuana is an interesting subject for this idea, though less radical than gmo crops, because humans have been rather aggressively toying with the genetic diversity of that plant in the last decade or two AND making that plant disproportionately available to sick humans. But I would then expect California to be ground zero for any effect of that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join