It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen has joined ats...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StephenM

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Any questions, just ask.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I can seriously imagine you're actually Stephen King and you're just being modest. Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you have fun here!

Hello and thank you for the welcome... sorry to disappoint...I had small successes as a writer when I was a young man but walked away from the pro-side a long time ago... and "king"???... please I don't want to say anything derisive in my first few hours here...

...peace...

Stephen

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks beezer... I'm sure I will have some questions and thank you for your offer to advise...

sincerely,

Stephen

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: StephenM
a reply to: Night Star

Hello Night Star and thank you for the kind greeting...

I noticed you have a "writer" status... I will have to check out the "writer" section, if there is one (some have alluded to this already)... I used to hold aspirations of becoming a serious writer... literature has always been my unrequited love... but as I said above, I left that dream far behind a long time ago...

warmest...

Stephen

(added afterthought) loved your sig quote... yours??

No, the sig quote is not mine. I don't know who the author is. As for my writing status, it is a hobby of mine, just something fun and challenging for me to do.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
still love the sig-quote... it speaks to the process of so many things...

originally posted by: Night Star

...As for my writing status, it is a hobby of mine, just something fun and challenging for me to do.

same here... labored early on with choices in the arts... wanted to be a writer - literature, words, language... aesthetics of mind... my first love, as I said above... unrequited as it was, I didn't have the (you choose, I still vacillate) talent, confidence, balls... so I took a similar path that would still guarantee poverty for the early part of my life, but paid off in the long run... spineless, I get it... no matter... buy your ticket, ride the train...

I still write because I must... I have always loved the process...

where (here) do the writers hang out?

thanks for any direction(s) you can impart...

Stephen

edit on 6-9-2014 by StephenM because: afterthought added

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Well...last year there was a thread on Valentines Day and it seemed some us were without Valentines. Somehow from that thread a fantasy story began by one of the members and we all ended up joining in. It was wild with faeries and pixies and dragons and all sorts of fantasy and whimsy and humor and love. Most of the pages of the thread were just chit chat. We ended with so many pages we had to start a new thread which we did. A bit of the story continued here and there, but still, more chit chat than story. LOL We are now on our 3rd thread. Story lines are few and far between these days.

It is a thread of amazingly wonderful people and it is like we are a family in there sharing our lives, the ups and downs and in betweens and people are always welcomed to join us.

When we do write, I am an elf with a white wolf as guardian and companion. Some members are still battling a wizard in a cave somewhere. LOL But it is almost impossible to follow the story without reading pages and pages of chit chat in between. Now and then someone will summarize. Anyway, if it's just a hang out you want, that is one. There is a coffee thread somewhere too. Here is the latest Shed thread of fantasy and amazing people.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey... sounds delightful on many levels... a group-authorship? - collectivist-streams of consciousness?...would those be appropriate monikers for the process?... what do you all (collectively) actually refer to/call it?..

I had been published when I was young (so, so long ago) and just gave up trying to make a full time living at it... I have no aspirations of authorship any longer... just too busy with another career...

also thank you so much for the link...

Hope to see you/read you...

Stephen

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Stephen!

See you around

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for the welcome Jennyfrenzy... quite an active group here...

best,

Stephen

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
welcome!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, glad to see ya.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mackey88

Thanks so much for the welcome mackey88... sorry it took me a while to reply...

Stephen

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tacka

So nice of you to welcome me tacka... hope to see you around here...

Stephen

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

Thanks so much for the welcome Beach Bum... I actually used to be a beach bum myself... a so-cal surf kid growing up - county line south to laguna were my beaches... part of my nose-skin is still at the Wedge in newport beach...

I did have a 65 vw bus (white on blue) - older than your avatar picture - that looks like a 70 or 71...

sorry it took me so long to reply to your kind welcome post...

thanks,

Stephen

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hey Stephen: read the whole thread, and just by your responses, sounds like you'll fit right in here.
Hope you enjoy the site, the interaction, and look forward to seeing you on the boards.
Tetra50

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join