It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon warriors fight off loggers

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The 1st link gives the story plus pics.

The 2nd link takes you to a gallery of 28 pic's showing the Indians taking the loggers, tying them up and in some cases removing their trousers, then sending them on their way.

Other pic's show vehicles doused with petrol and set on fire.

It seems the Amozan Indians have had enough of corporate intervention in their land.

The warriors stripped them, tied them up and beat those who resisted
A small army of Ka’apor warriors marched into the depths of the Amazon forest in northeast Maranhao state, with me in tow. This was one day of a weeklong operation to protect and survey the Alto Turiacu Indian reserve, which has been invaded by illegal loggers for years.
Ka’apor leader Irakadju told me how they had sought help from the Brazilian Army when they were in the region last year, but they had left, unwilling to ruin their jeeps and possibly afraid of the loggers.
“We got tired of waiting for the government,” Irakadju said, while pushing through vines, branches and thorns.
This feeling is shared by other Indians in different parts of the country. Last January the Munduruku Indians told me the exact same words as I hiked with them in search of wildcat miners. In July uncontacted Indians voluntarily emerged from the jungle, telling stories of violence committed against them by loggers along the border with Peru.

www.freemalaysiatoday.com...

blogs.reuters.com...=2

A Ka'apor Indian watches as a group of warriors depart on a jungle expedition to search for and expel loggers from the Alto Turiacu Indian territory, in the village of Waxiguy Renda near the Centro do Guilherme municipality in the northeast of Maranhao state in the Amazon basin, August 7, 2014
edit on 6-9-2014 by keenasbro because: To add link

edit on 6-9-2014 by keenasbro because: To add

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
The link takes you to a gallery of 28 pic's showing the Indians taking the loggers, tying them up and in some cases removing their trousers, then sending them on their way.

Other pic's show vehicles doused with petrol and set on fire.

It seems the Amozan Indians have had enough of corporate intervention in their land.

blogs.reuters.com...=2

A Ka'apor Indian watches as a group of warriors depart on a jungle expedition to search for and expel loggers from the Alto Turiacu Indian territory, in the village of Waxiguy Renda near the Centro do Guilherme municipality in the northeast of Maranhao state in the Amazon basin, August 7, 2014

Good for the Amazon warriors, standing up for the land they hold dear. Sadly I don't think this will end well, the companies that are logging the areas down there could care less for human or animal life. It's all about the profit.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

If someone came into your back yard or farm that you relied on for your very existence and started stealing your produce and cutting down you fruit trees what would you do ?

The loggers probably have a permit which would mean very little to the indigenous Indians. S^F for you postings and best wishes to the Indians.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Congratulations to them. I know how tptb want them wiped out because it's one less group of people they can control, but they live in harmony with their surroundings, they're better stewards of the land than we can ever be. And they get nothing in return but pain and the loss of their beloved homes.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't think this will end well, I also don't think we will hear much more about this.
It is hard not to think, imo, good on them for standing up to the corporations.

a reply to: kdyam

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I would love to see the fat-cat CEOs who sent the loggers in to strip the forest hog-tied and dragged through the street.

Stop raping the earth, respect the rights of the indigenous peoples of the land and research alternative solutions.

Speaking of Indigenous peoples and their sacrifice over things like this, do you remember this.....

When the Brazilian government tried to move a tribe of Brazilian Indians out of the rain forest, the tribe committed mass suicide rather than leave their home. This tragedy inspired Sepultura’s song "Kaiowas," which the band recorded in a castle to achieve just the right sound. They also incorporated Brazilian instruments like the tamburin and cuica. "Kaiowas" was the first of several songs to reflect the band’s rising social sense.answers.com

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I would love to see the fat-cat CEOs who sent the loggers in to strip the forest hog-tied and dragged through the street.

Stop raping the earth, respect the rights of the indigenous peoples of the land and research alternative solutions.

Speaking of Indigenous peoples and their sacrifice over things like this, do you remember this.....

When the Brazilian government tried to move a tribe of Brazilian Indians out of the rain forest, the tribe committed mass suicide rather than leave their home. This tragedy inspired Sepultura’s song "Kaiowas," which the band recorded in a castle to achieve just the right sound. They also incorporated Brazilian instruments like the tamburin and cuica. "Kaiowas" was the first of several songs to reflect the band’s rising social sense.answers.com

Thanks for posting the link and vid.
I wasn't aware of the mass suicide. Sad, Sad
As for the CEO's I totally agree, doesn't it make the blood boil when you read stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is it illegal for me to say that I want to give these Indians AK 47s a pat on the head and turn em loose on the loggers?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Aside from hitting them with sticks and taking their pants, the tribesmen seem to have gone rather easy on the loggers. Their have been reports in the past of loggers using absolutely brutal tactics against the indigenous people in that area.

From a couple years ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good on the natives to fight back, and to do so without bloodshed. God knows they were not getting the help they needed from the government. Hopefully they will not face retribution.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I support their actions, and talk about having home field advantage

Take a white city man like me, and put me in the jungle, I would be a sitting duck.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In the future please put text you copy and paste from websites in quote tags. You write it as though this is you when you paste " me" which is from your link. It's just confusing to read your post which should have some of your own words.

I think it's great the amazon warriors did this! Standing up for their right to protect their land.
Can't call them Sheeple. All without guns too. Just some good old fashioned tools, like the reeds to tie their hands together. Real muscles not made from steroids. All quite admirable.

Star flag

edit on 7-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Is it illegal for me to say that I want to give these Indians AK 47s a pat on the head and turn em loose on the loggers?

And a few heavy machine guns too.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Props to em man.
We should take a leaf out of their book and do the same to the corporations that rule us.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I liked the picture where it looked like they were going to threaten to run over the guys head with the logging truck.

I also feel kinda bad for the guys who, after they had their pants torn off by the native warriors, had nothing on underneath... What a day to decide to go commando!

Im sure the sad truth is that these particular loggers are probably too poor to afford underwear. Or after going without for so long, even now after they have a job, they just cant justify the extra expense. If you survived for years just fine without it, why change that now?

Humans working sh# jobs, getting paid sh# to treat other humans like sh#... and then being treated like sh# by said humans in revenge for treating them like sh#. Man its a sh#y world sometimes.
edit on 9/8/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Unfortunately, that will never happen because most of "if not all", the companies and CEO's in question are private western owned and based organisations de-foresting the Amazon.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
well done for the indians , I only fear now that the loggers will come back with merc's to protect them
so we should too, how about we start a kickstarter or something similar to hire mercs to protect the forest instead of protecting the company, mercs will do anything if the pay is good

how many millions you think we can raise to hire a merc outfit to protect the amazon from illegal mining, logging etc etc

I'd rather pay money directly to protect the rain forest than to some charity organisation who pay their CEO's and PR's first before any money even gets to saving the rainforest.

Direct action would be better
anyone know any decent merc outfits ?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Right on for the tribes! I know that if someone came on to my land threatening my livelihood, I MIGHT suggest nicely once for them to leave my land. Other than that, it's trespassing, and I would have legal right to use certain types of force against them.

I do commend the tribesmen for being civil about it--most of those machine operators are just there for the paycheck, not giving the orders to destroy the land. Hopefully the owners of the operation will get the message and move on instead of engage in a mini war with these people.

On a side note, I really dislike the way "livelihood" is spelled.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Props to em man.

We should take a leaf out of their book and do the same to the corporations that rule us.

Problem is, we as a society pay the corporations to "rule us," so it's a different scenario.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Some great news. They should interrogate them, and find out who is hiring, and go bring some justice to them. They are all quite badass!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The idea of paying mercs sounds like a good idea on the surface, but would that cause the Indians more harm.
I am just thinking the Brazilian army would have to intervene should that happen.

The writer of the article states.
"Ka’apor leader Irakadju told me how they had sought help from the Brazilian Army when they were in the region last year, but they had left, unwilling to ruin their jeeps and possibly afraid of the loggers."

In my opinion.
The Brazilian army would not have a choice but to intervene if the Indians were using paid mercs with guns.
It also wouldn't surprise me if the loggers turn up with paid guards with guns to protect the loggers.

I guess it all depends on the Government to decide who has the right to protect their interests.
We all have a good idea to the answer to that question.

a reply to: sapien82

top topics

join