It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Internet Cursor is flagged! WTF??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Why are any of us important enough for anyone to want ALL our personal and private information?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Thanks, I will do as you suggested.

Maybe it's not a hack or whatever, but I'm OCD... need I say more.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Good idea! Will do.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You visited a website that changed your mouse setting(s). A virus can be planted in 1 second of being on a website. The longer you stay on that website dictates how big of a virus will be on your computer. The changes won't go into affect until you restart your computer (or browser) the next day. That's why you should perform a few tasks before you turn off your computer every night.

You could take your system back to the state before the change was made, if you know how to do that.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm OCD... need I say more.

We're done with this thread then?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: Maigret

It's also curious to me that it's as a 'flag' - what better way to discreetly 'tag' someone - maybe as nuisance value, if nothing else.

If you had been "flagged" by TPTB (you haven't)......why on earth do you think they would turn your cursor into a little flag?

seriously, if you were being monitored for anything they would just monitor you.....they wouldn't turn your cursor into a little flag to let you know that they were watching you would they?

Just when I was feeling a sense of relief that no one else is experiencing this problem, I came across this post - thanks to Murgatroid here at ATS - at www.bleepingcomputer.com...

This person was changing his computer language from English to Arabic and back again, and he incidently noted that his insertion cursor was now looking like a 'flag pole'!!!
edit on 6/9/2014 by Maigret because: Corrected spelling and also edit.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Thanks for this, Rikku.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OneNationUnder

Do you mean 'system restore'? I can do that - thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Not yet...

There's more to this little thread than meets the eye, going by my findings - particularly the one (which I've already posted here) at www.bleepingcomputer.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

originally posted by: EA006

How do you know it's TPTB?

Who else would be interested enough to muck around with my cursor, or have the capability to do it? Some random hacker?

It's also curious to me that it's as a 'flag' - what better way to discreetly 'tag' someone - maybe as nuisance value, if nothing else.

I'm open to any ideas or knowledge you may have.

Have you gotten outside and taken a walk or got any fresh air lately? Sometimes that is all that is needed to lessen any unwarranted sense of paranoia.

I'm not sure if your tone is friendly or sarcastic, but I have to agree that you do have a point, except that it may be warranted.

Since I have discovered for myself that 'Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner' I have become a trifle outspoken in as many platforms as I can find and no doubt, have ruffled some feathers along the way!

Mostly friendly with a hint of tongue in cheek, I doubt that you're being targeted personally. Like someone else said probably malware is all, and that is enough of a PITA. Once in a while I get weird feelings and then it's time for me to get off the computer and go for some fresh air. It works for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Did IE update? Maybe its just a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Step away from the computer.

Got a dog...walk it

Shut off your electronics. Think about it. If it was somebody up to no good.

They wouldn't put a giant flag on your screen.

We have all been there. Classic case of ATSitis. There is only one cure.

Step away from your machine...It's crapware as somebody already pointed out.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: OneNationUnder

Do you mean 'system restore'? I can do that - thanks!

good gravy you dont need to do anything like that.
just do a little googlefu.
there are a thousand ways to cure your issue,i think the easiest/quickest way is to remove said browser and reinstall.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The first clue, to me, that you have been abducted, at some point, possibly by men in black using chloroform doused rags and hidden under their shiny hats in order to subdue you without your knowledge and secret you away to an underground base where they would retrieve all the hidden secrets within your subconscious fed into you by the numerous posts on various conspiracy forums and your uncanny ability to preclude nonsense from your conscious thought, which is conclusive evidence that you have been unwittingly used as a pawn in a sinister game of cat and mouse by nefarious people of ill repute, was when you called it an internet cursor.

the rest fell into place, subsequently.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
"I finally got time to try removing applications and I found the one that was causing the problem. It was Keyman Desktop, a program that assists you with typing non-english alphabets.

I still do not know why it is difficult to find out what program(s) hook the keyboard. It seems that for security reasons that should be something that is easy to find out."

Perhaps, maybe, you have a similar program, recently installed? I dunno, but this question is almost the exact same.

and both the external link you posted and this relate to non-English input.

www.experts-exchange.com...

Why does my browser cursor now have a small flag at the top
Asked by: percentage
Solved by: percentage

Something recently has caused the text input cursor that displays in the browser to have a small "flag" or "tick mark" on the top right of the vertical line. I did not notice it right away and I don't know what caused it to appear. I assume there is some background task that has caused it. The flagged cursor only appears in input fields in the browser. I use Ineternet Explorer 7 and use Goole as my main search engine although I do try Bing once in a while. I have not been able to find anything by searching here or the internet.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Thanks, snOrch - this was useful info.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

download spybot... it is free.

probably spyware hassling your pc. also run cc cleaner. You can also download that for free.

do a sweep of your pc and reboot and you should be fine.

all the best.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
the reason your cursor looks like that is because it is 'flagged' so that when you browse, click on links...the spam loads also.

cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Do you have dual monitors?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Yes, I do have SpyBot and run it regularly, Thurisaz.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join