It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy (put on foil hat for this)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u
Apparently you have not been properly introduced to the laws of thermodynamics.

Cloaked, this is the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics.

The 1st Law of Thermodyamics simply states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed (conservation of energy). Thus power generation processes and energy sources actually involve conversion of energy from one form to another, rather than creation of energy from nothing.

The second law of thermodynamics states that "the entropy of an isolated system does not decrease". This is often taken to mean that "disorder always increases" and is frequently misinterpreted. Another way of putting it is "an isolated system's ability to do work decreases over time". The second law provides the thermodynamic arrow of time in that one can tell the difference between the past and the future by looking at the amount of entropy in the closed system.

1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics, this is Cloaked4u.

Your stone wheel thing (where did you get that from, anyway?) Is obviously going to take more energy to make it work than it will produce based on the laws of thermodynamics. There is absolutely no way it can work. Not in this lifetime or any other. Perhaps in a different universe......

edit on 10-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Kaiju

What will maintain this magnet motor's motion? Without some form of energy input it will not run that long.

Magnetism.

Imagine a wheel with rod shaped magnets set at increasing depths around the rim so the first magnet sticks out, let's say, 1 inch further than the last magnet. The slight height differences between rim magnets will cause the wheel to pull slightly more in one direction. The first and last magnet will be right next to each other and have a big height difference. This will be the only point on the wheel with negative pull but momentum will carry the wheel past that point. The wheel will gain speed with each revolution, until friction limits it.
Also, if the rim magnets and the stationary drive magnets are set to attract they should keep each other from weakening (if not actually strenghtening each other) due to their interaction. People tend set these things up to use repulsion, which kills the magnets quite quicly.
I think doing it my way the magnets might stay at their normal strength indefinitely.

What do you think? Think it could work?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nope.

First, you need to input energy to get it started, and once again the laws of thermodynamics kills it, dead.

Why? Mainly friction and resistance. The magnets will work against you as much as for you in your setup.

You are trying to build, in effect, a perpetual motion machine. It's been done many times before. Rather..it's been attempted many times before. Doesn't work. Great idea, but physics is geared against it.

A perpetual motion machine (in theory) runs forever without the need for additional energy inputs beyond what it takes to set it in motion initially. Even if you managed to pull off that impossible task, when you begin to take energy from that system .. well, it would stop... cause you took energy from it. You would actually have to produce more energy than is being input. Nothing does that.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Send me $1000AUD and I will give you the plans to my free energy machine, it comes in both Android and iOS versions.

It will also make your device waterproof and increase your sex-life.

It also can determine polarity from resistance. [FACEPALM]

/end sarcasm

edit on 10-9-2014 by RifRAAF because: relevant link

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: bbracken677

First, you need to input energy to get it started.
I would think the offset magnetic pull would start it spinning on its own. At most it would take a gentle nudge. It's similar to what makes bubbles and balloons go up, slightly more pressure on one side than the other. In the case of the magnets, slightly more pull.

Why? Mainly friction and resistance. The magnets will work against you as much as for you in your setup.
I don't think friction or resistance would become a factor until you got it spinning at higher speeds, then yes, for sure. The only issue I can imagine with the magnets is that they would tend to shift their poles from axial to crosswise over time reducing their effective attraction. Other than that I can't see how they would work against me.

You are trying to build, in effect, a perpetual motion machine. It's been done many times before. Rather..it's been attempted many times before. Doesn't work. Great idea, but physics is geared against it.

A perpetual motion machine (in theory) runs forever without the need for additional energy inputs beyond what it takes to set it in motion initially. Even if you managed to pull off that impossible task, when you begin to take energy from that system .. well, it would stop... cause you took energy from it. You would actually have to produce more energy than is being input. Nothing does that.

I guess my question should be; do you believe the wheel would spin on it's own until the magnets gave out?
Or do you think it will run only until the initial input energy is exhausted?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It will run forever and you Sir deserve the Nobel Prize for Physics!
/end sarcasm.

I don't think friction or resistance would become a factor until you got it spinning at higher speeds...

Friction and resistance are factors at any velocity, you can think what you like but there are physical limitations to everything--and measuring/studying these limitations is called Physics!. Please learn some of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju
The wheel will gain speed with each revolution, until friction limits it.

No it will not - it will very soon come to a stop after the initial momentum you give it erodes away.

What do you think? Think it could work?

No, it will not work.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I guess my question should be; do you believe the wheel would spin on it's own until the magnets gave out? Or do you think it will run only until the initial input energy is exhausted?

Given the laws of thermodynamics, it would run until the initial input energy is exhausted. I seriously do not see it spinning until the magnets gave out.

Take 2 magnets, orient them as you would in the experiment. Then, holding them, move them slowly past each other as they would in the experiment and see what forces you feel.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join