It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy (put on foil hat for this)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: drz400
I wish it were that easy.. I do have the answer to free energy. Its actually very simple. It involves all the jails in the united states, all the crooked politicians and criminals being put in them, and thousands of exersize bikes and treadmills plugged into the grid in those jails. Wham bam thank you mam.. Free energy.

Now your welcome.

The increase of food intake for calories burned would probably offset the free energy. Only a Suzuki guy could come up with such a good idea like this, I like it. A DR650 is my weekend riding fun. Now if you could just get an alligator pit behind the politicians so they can't stop or get off the bike, food or not I am all for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: drz400
I wish it were that easy.. I do have the answer to free energy. Its actually very simple. It involves all the jails in the united states, all the crooked politicians and criminals being put in them, and thousands of exersize bikes and treadmills plugged into the grid in those jails. Wham bam thank you mam.. Free energy.

Now your welcome.

The increase of food intake for calories burned would probably offset the free energy. Only a Suzuki guy could come up with such a good idea like this, I like it. A DR650 is my weekend riding fun. Now if you could just get an alligator pit behind the politicians so they can't stop or get off the bike, food or not I am all for it.

Make them grow their own food.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

there is no such thing as a permanent magnet....

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Yes but then the magnet would last forever. So it would not be net gain if it worked. [/post]

No. Magnets do not last forever. Magnets in a passive state will degrade through their lifetime. This is speeded up in some circumstances e.g. effected by another magnet, electricity, heat, and so on.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: deadeyedick

You are forgetting the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

There is not such thing as a perpetual motion machine, which is what you are suggesting.

This is not new, it just does not work. lol

Nice try though

can not forget something i never knew. lol
I really thought mankind has gotten past the concept of using the word free energy and meaning perpetual motion. What i was thinking is just based o magnetism and they only last 99yrs and have to be energized in the first place but my look at how many people chime in to remind that perpetual motion or free energy is not possible. I really am thinking that the magnets in the alternator in your car have a certain size to them. Now if you were to make a fly wheel with external focused magnets that surround it and those external magnets are greater than the max pull from the alternator then you could have free energy once you get to the point of gain that exceeds the cost. Then you would have free energy. Sort of like buying a new car and paying for it then saying you have a free car.

I am working on a very simple demonstration that takes 50 small neo magnets and a piece of clear hose. i will place the magnets using a silicone around the hose side by side but at an offset angle from the hose all in the same direction. Then a magnetized ball bearing will be used to see how far it will spin when i connect the two ends.

There have been toy race track that have steel cars that go round on them and get a boost when the car goes over the magnet then slows down until it reaches the next one. These toys have no electricity in them but have given hours of wonderment to children. It can be done. To put it in most simple terms just hols two magnets close to eachother and try to keep them apart. As bright as ats is i know better ways can be found.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Anyone interested in really changing things should take a good look at this thread because it shows humanity as a whole and all the simple answers that hold us back and slaves to the system.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The answer is that it isn't cost effective. A properly built magnet motor will work and turn a generator alright. But you will spend quite a bit on those magnets and that generator and end up with a bulky contraption that will power a 60 watt light bulb. Sure you could put it on your kitchen counter and light your kitchen for twenty years until you finally break even financially. Hope you don't have to replace the generator due to worn bearings after all that time or you'll have to add another 10 years to the break even point.
Me? I'd rather plug the light into a socket on the wall and cough up 50 cents a month to run the light.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I am working on a very simple demonstration that takes 50 small neo magnets and a piece of clear hose. i will place the magnets using a silicone around the hose side by side but at an offset angle from the hose all in the same direction. Then a magnetized ball bearing will be used to see how far it will spin when i connect the two ends.

It will stop at the first magnet, it will not even make one lap!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju

What will maintain this magnet motor's motion? Without some form of energy input it will not run that long.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Anyone interested in really changing things should take a good look at this thread because it shows humanity as a whole and all the simple answers that hold us back and slaves to the system.

Dude...save the world then.

What you describe is BS. OK? You cannot just make crap up and think that it is going to work. When that crap you made up is not science there is not a chance in heck it is going to work.

Do you honestly believe that you are the first person to think of making what boils down to a perpetual motion machine? Do you think that you are the only person who has conceived of the notion in the OP?

Seriously...this is not a new concept. It is a failed concept due to the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

I mean, why not just put a big generator in an electric car: battery is charged once, power vehicle. Motion of vehicle runs the generator which recharges the batteries. Perfect right?

2nd law of thermodynamics is a beeyatch.
edit on 7-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRisenPeople
I favour the idea that there is a finite and measurable amount of energy in the universe,

can something that cannot be added to or subtracted from be described as anything other then infinite?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

I think by definition he is saying the universe is finite. Indeed, modern astronomy believes so as well.

If you have a beginning at a singularity (Big Bang) then, by definition, your universe is finite.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

can something that cannot be added to or subtracted from be described as anything other then infinite?

Not really. Infinite would mean immeasurable, without end, etc. What I mean is that there is a set amount of energy, a definitive measure, that just changes states.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRisenPeople

Based on Einsteins E=mc2 that would seem right. If that applies on the macro universe wide picture, then all mass and energy is indeed finite and measurable.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677 I hear you talking but are you just reciting from memory what someone else told you or do you have a source that shows what i am thinking has been done and failed? It sounds to me that your knowledge limits you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: TheRisenPeople
I favour the idea that there is a finite and measurable amount of energy in the universe,

Yes. Easily. Something that can not be measured would be infinite perhaps.

Easy thought experiment. Let's say you have 1 litre of water and you put a force field around it so that nothing can ever be added to the water or subtracted from the water. Are you claiming that 1 litre is an infinite amount?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Lots of ways to get energy. ONE: The gravity wheel TWO: Solar THREE: Water FOUR: Wind Five: battery
The wheel, if you take a 1,500 pound iron wheel with dia of 6 ft. or more, an axle of about .5 inch. dia. and ball beirings and spin it up to 165 rpm at the axle. It will take aprox. 6 hours to stop. Now with a half life of that in 3 hrs you have to make the wheel spin 165 rpm's again. So every 3 hours you reset it, But if you increase the dia. times two and increase the weight you can make it last 8 hours or more. The spinning wheel has a gear on and is connected to a low rpm generator that has a less than a pound resistance when under load running at 85 rpm at the axle where gear is. Radius of wheel increases torque on generator axle, weight of wheel and spin rpm regulate how long it will run under load including wear on the bearings. gravity. Thickness dia. of axle. Solar energy: With the new tech. today you can put solar power almost anywhere including solar power in windows, Just put solar power on all outside surfaces as you can afford. Water: I recommend that you make a paddle wheel on a small water craft and put a generator connected to the paddle with a gear box to up the rpm's to the generator. Tie a rope to the craft , tie to tree and let the water do the work. Generator and cord to be fully insulated from the water. Wind: Not reliable, but if you low on money and need a high place to put, just climb a tall tree and cut off the branches on top leaving a pole on top, then fix wind generator to the tree.Battery: Exspensive,corrosive and not enviromentally friendly. Stay away from using this. I recommend the gravity and solar. Solar in the future will be the norm whether power companies like it or not. They cain't stop that unless they make outrageous laws against.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
Now with a half life of that in 3 hrs you have to make the wheel spin 165 rpm's again.

You use more energy spinning the wheel than it can generate....

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
Lots of ways to get energy. ONE: The gravity wheel TWO: Solar THREE: Water FOUR: Wind Five: battery

None of these are free energy. Most aren't even good ways to get energy.

1. Gravity wheel takes a lot more energy to turn than you an get out of it. It's not even close.
2. Solar. Not free energy under any definition.
3. Water. Not free energy under any definition.
4. Wind. Not free energy under any definition.
5. Battery. Unless it's a magic battery it will require charging .. so not free.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes but they last a very long time, so it is the most efficient way to do things we know of.a reply to: paraphi

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join