It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Authority steps up crackdown against Hamas activists in the West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Palestinian Authority security agencies in the West Bank on Saturday stepped up their crackdown on Hamas activists.

Hamas said that more than 40 of its members and supporters have been rounded up by the PA since the end of Operation protective Edge.

Another 30 Hamas activists were also summoned for interrogation, Hamas said.

On Saturday, Hamas representative Hussam Badran condemned the PA clampdown and called on all those who have been summoned for interrogation not to report.

Badran said that the crackdown was “unjustified” and constituted a “blow to the blood of Palestinian martyrs and unity."

The PA has refused to comment on the current crackdown on Hamas in the West Bank.

However, Palestinians believe it is related to recent claims that Hamas had planned to stage a coup against the PA.

They said that the crackdown is also linked to charges that Hamas had targeted hundreds of Fatah members in the Gaza Strip during the war.

Fatah says that dozens of its men were shot in the legs by Hamas militias for violating house arrest. More than 300 Fatah men were placed confined to their homes in the Gaza Strip during the war.

Most of those who were targeted by the PA security forces are former prisoners who served time in Israeli and Palestinian jails.

As part of the crackdown, the PA also prevented a number of pro-Hamas preachers from delivering sermons during Friday prayers in West Bank mosques

The infighting begins, and it's about time. While I completely understand the plight of the Palestinian people against the Israeli occupation I completely disagree with Hamas and everything they stand for. As long as Hamas stands there will never be any peace. Hamas has proven itself time and time again it will kill civilians whether Israeli or Palestinian, or anyone by any other nationality, race, or religion. They're mad men who thrive on death while awaiting Allah.... You can't reason with this kind of ignorance and barbarism.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If they want to die and meet Allah so bad, they should take themselves out. It seems they want everyone else to be martyrs and meet Allah, but they want money and power, vices whether they believe it or not!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good for them!

If they can get Hamas in control or out completely it will do a lot to further the cause of the palestenian people!

Good on them. It's a great place to start

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's about time. Hopefully Hamas is destroyed and peace will reign.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.jpost.com...

Palestinian Authority security agencies in the West Bank on Saturday stepped up their crackdown on Hamas activists.

Hamas said that more than 40 of its members and supporters have been rounded up by the PA since the end of Operation protective Edge.

Another 30 Hamas activists were also summoned for interrogation, Hamas said.

On Saturday, Hamas representative Hussam Badran condemned the PA clampdown and called on all those who have been summoned for interrogation not to report.

Badran said that the crackdown was “unjustified” and constituted a “blow to the blood of Palestinian martyrs and unity."

The PA has refused to comment on the current crackdown on Hamas in the West Bank.

However, Palestinians believe it is related to recent claims that Hamas had planned to stage a coup against the PA.

They said that the crackdown is also linked to charges that Hamas had targeted hundreds of Fatah members in the Gaza Strip during the war.

Fatah says that dozens of its men were shot in the legs by Hamas militias for violating house arrest. More than 300 Fatah men were placed confined to their homes in the Gaza Strip during the war.

Most of those who were targeted by the PA security forces are former prisoners who served time in Israeli and Palestinian jails.

As part of the crackdown, the PA also prevented a number of pro-Hamas preachers from delivering sermons during Friday prayers in West Bank mosques

The infighting begins, and it's about time. While I completely understand the plight of the Palestinian people against the Israeli occupation I completely disagree with Hamas and everything they stand for. As long as Hamas stands there will never be any peace. Hamas has proven itself time and time again it will kill civilians whether Israeli or Palestinian, or anyone by any other nationality, race, or religion. They're mad men who thrive on death while awaiting Allah.... You can't reason with this kind of ignorance and barbarism.

Even Abbas is horrified but the tactics of Hamas summarily killing 150 of their own people. www.albawaba.com... Of course the curfew wasn't to trap people in homes during bombing raids so more civilians would be killed. Crickets from all the Hamas supporters on ATS about this new information from Abbas.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hamas has proven itself time and time again it will kill civilians whether Israelior Palestinian, or anyone by any other nationality, race, or religion. They're mad men who thrive on death while awaiting Allah.... You can't reason with this kind of ignorance and barbarism.

Ya, because the IDF are so reasonable you make a great point...

If Israel had never existed, there would be no Hamas.

Tool...
edit on 7-9-2014 by BestinShow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
It's about time. Hopefully Hamas is destroyed and peace will reign.

I agree, people can live peacefully side by side, they do occasionally.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: Swills

long as Hamasstandstherewillnever be any peace. Hamas has proven itself time and time again it will kill civilians whether Israelior Palestinian, or anyone by any other nationality, race, or religion. They're mad men who thrive on death while awaiting Allah.... You can't reason with this kind of ignorance andbarbarism.

Ya, because the IDF are so reasonable you make a great point...

If Israel had never existed, there would be no Hamas.

Tool...

Do we hand out awards for ignorant statements?

I guess if Israel didnt exist that the Taliban, ISIS, The Muslim Brotherhood, Ansar Al Sharia , Hezbollah and so many of these extremist muslim groups wouldnt have existed either eh?

Talking about how bad the IDF is while advocating that Israel shouldnt exist.......

Bravo.......

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Calling people names to win arguements only works in elementary schools.

It's funny you said that if Israel never existed neither would Hamas because I wrote that very same thing not long ago in a thread about Israel.

That all being said, it's funny, no matter what side of this conflict you criticize responses such as yours will pop up, so I'll have you know I criticize both Israel & Hamas harshly. But come down to reality and realize Israel isn't going anywhere and neither are the Palestinians. I want the "wars" to end and both sides to live in peace but as long as Hamas exists that will never happen. Trust me, you should want Hamas and all the militant groups out of Gaza & the West Bank because if the rockets stop flying and Israel continues it's aggression then you have them dead to rights.

Stop the violence, and stop supporting Hamas because doing so is really stupid.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a frickin thought then. Why doesn't the IDF just support the PA and help them get rid of Hamas without all the bombing crap?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's what I think too. What better time join forces than now? Of course, if this were ever to happen Hamas and other militants would execute any and all Fatah members on site unless the IDF/Fatah round up all of Hamas in a short amount of time giving them no time to react. But either way, consequences would ensue for the Fatah.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2014 by Swills because: Double post

join