It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somalia's al Shabaab confirm leader killed by U.S. strike, name new head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sheikh Ahmad Umar Abu Ubaidah

...warned its enemies to "expect only that which will cause you great distress'

I bet that warning is for the Somalians that live nearby to them as well as people they don't even know far away from them.

www.reuters.com...

its amazing that these groups find no shortage of 'Leaders' that are willing to attack their neighbors without cause and allow 100s of Thousands of their own people to die in famines because weapons are more important than food and water.

And even more amazing is the never ending chorus of western sympathizers that will support this organization even though there is nothing at all to support.

just another empty package. if he exists, he won't make it one year as leader. his new job is just a death sentence waiting to be carried out.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think many if not all of these "Leaders" in these "Terrorist" places are just made up character puppets.

They may not actually exist imo.

If they do, they are the biggest scapegoats in history.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I find the current situation in Somalia a little concerning - given that about 13 years ago the US put it on a plan of places to "take out," and now were seeing it - but 13 years ago how would they have known there would be cause? I know they have their intelligence, and it was initially a five year plan - Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and then Iran, but I just don't see what cause they had in 2001, and coincidental that a cause has appeared.

join