It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl
a reply to: IngyBall
a reply to: Eliyahu
a reply to: Asherz189
a reply to: ML8715

It certainly won't hurt for you to try this!

edit on Rpm91114v24201400000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: quirkygirl
My youngest son has been so sick for over a week. He has had severe respiratory symptoms. He's been to the pediatrician three times in a week and still he suffers. As I'm posting this, he's in his room using the nebulizer, which has become almost permanently attached to him.

Aug 31st thru Sept 3rd, fever 102, sore throat, extreme fatigue
Sept 3rd (evening) thru Sept 5th extreme fatigue, labored breathing, cough, frequent nosebleeds
Sept 6th, very difficult breathing, started on steroids (prednisone), in addition to his nebulizer treatments of albuterol, still fatigued, severe cough
Sept 6th thru present still extremely tired (he looks awful), difficulty breathing, dizziness, headache and blurred vision, horrible cough.

The pediatrician phoned me Monday and asked that I bring him in Tuesday for a check. I thought this was odd as we did not have a follow-up appointment from the previous two visits. Yesterday we got there and I asked the Dr why the need for the visit and she said just to evaluate how he was doing. I asked if she felt this was enterovirus and she said no because Florida doesn't have any cases of it yet. I asked her how they knew that definitively since they didn't test my child for this and she said he didn't meet the protocol for the symptoms.

Something is very wrong with my son but three visits later and we are still doing albuterol, steroids and allergy meds, which are doing little to help.

I hope he's better soon. It sounds a lot like what I had. I was really sick for almost a month. Finally coming out of it just now. For me, I pushed the vitamin C, drank apple cider vinegar w/the mother in it, & took elderberry & zinc right from the get go. I still was quite I'll but I didn't need antibiotics. Thankfully.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

Thanks for the kind words. Today he's actually feeling a lot better. He's been energetic and acting more like his normal self and he's only used the breathing treatment once. The other symptoms he had have subsided as well (sore throat, dizziness, etc...) He still has a wicked cough but otherwise he's good.

I don't know what he had, but it was a terrible virus.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Posted earlier in the thread. One week after initial symptoms, i have a fever, wicked dry cough, very nauseated, aching with hot/cold. Head feels cloudy, eyes feel like they are on a delay when i go to move them.

I even said to my wife when went for a walk, "it feels like I've been poisoned."

Fwiw, medical cannabis has helped with some delsym(spelling?.) for the cough, and flu like symptoms. Think I'm through the worst of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Friday night the 19th I was feeling punky and by late night had a horrible sore throat by Saturday I had congestion and sinus issues and headache by the end of the day my teeth even hurt and my ears Sunday was sneezing and coughing a lot by Sunday night was coughing up some slightly colored mucus ... Hubs was after me to go to doctor and I'm saying no I haven't been sick long .. This morning Monday a friend called and I answered the phone and could barely talk - the friend told hubs to get me to go as he ended up at the hospital the night before (Sunday) because he couldn't breath ... So to shut hubs up I go to the doctor ... They want to put me in the hospital with pneumonia I'm saying Nononononononono because I don't like hospitals for things that aren't really needed - I kept telling the doctor I didn't feel THAT bad and he kept telling me I was THAT bad -- and I think he saw I was more panicked about the hospital than I was the pneumonia So he did nebulizer and X-rays and an IV of steroids and antibiotics, have an inhaler for home and taking musinex (original in blue box) and have to go back for more nebulizer and IV tomorrow and will see from there.

This hits fast and hard! I know what to look for for bronchitis and I didn't have those yet so I was thinking it was a super bad cold ... Don't discount any of it if you get any symptoms -- while I was there 3 more people came in with the same thing and another one was in the waiting room waiting on a room to go in ...

BTW my BP and pulse were also higher than normal

Wrote all of that the other night but couldn't post it for some reason - went back to doctor again today (Tuesday) redo of IV and go back tomorrow continue inhaler and musinex - hopefully tomorrow there will be enough of an improvement to go on oral antibiotics again his office was full of people with this ...

Hoping I am in the feel worse before you feel better stage because I sure do feel worse now ...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Child died in S. Jersey today from Enterovirus 68.

Maybe he had both Enterovirus 68 and this year's Flu flavor together? If so, is it possible to diagnose both accurately in the same patient?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join