It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't know how accurate our safety training at work is, and I am no doctor, but these match all the symptoms of inhaled anthrax, as listed in the training.

Wouldn't explain how only children are affected though.

Boba

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I don't know how accurate our safety training at work is, and I am no doctor, but these match all the symptoms of inhaled anthrax, as listed in the training.

Wouldn't explain how only children are affected though.

Boba

That is interesting. What type of work do you do, that they train you about symptoms of anthrax poisoning?

Also, your avatar makes your post even scarier, lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
I am concerned about this and wonder if it hits first from allergens in the air or in the wind from farming GMO practices and their toxic pesticides?

Once inside the body it triggers the bodies defense system to kick in like a bacterial infection lowering the bodies immune system allowing for it to succumb to a viral and communicable disease within the pesticides contamination?

Perhaps it is the opposite and the allergy leads to a virus that turns into a bacterial war ?

It's not so much toxic pesticides or even GMOs. Heck, the pesticides that were being used 50 years ago were far worse than the ones today (ie DDT). It's a factor of changing environments. The climate of an area actually has a whole lot to do with what lives in it--even down to the miniature world of viruses, fungi and bacteria. With the environments of some many places under flux, some infectious diseases are going to thrive a bit more, have longer seasons, or even move its range. There's a huge amount of research that's been done on this subject over the last several years. It's one of the most dangerous things about our changing climate and I'd hazard a guess that it's probably the reason why everybody in the US needs medical coverage now. Adequate medical care can make the difference between an epidemic and a pandemic.

Here's a few articles on subject of increased infectious disease and climate change:

www.colorado.edu...
www.mdpi.com...
www.biomedcentral.com... limatique
link.springer.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I work in agricultural processing. A number of bits of legislation made it mandatory for us to train in "Target Hardening" and preparedness for all chemical, biological, radiological, man made or natural catastrophes.

The nations food supply is better protected than you might think.

Boba

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm a senior in high school and I got a soar throat and a respiratory infection 2 and a half weeks ago, after a few days I got better, but last Sunday I got a bad ear infection and went to the doctor and have been on antibiotics since last Monday, I hot better at the end of the week but today my ear infection soar throat and respiratory problems have come back at once, what could this mean?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
I'm a senior in high school and I got a soar throat and a respiratory infection 2 and a half weeks ago, after a few days I got better, but last Sunday I got a bad ear infection and went to the doctor and have been on antibiotics since last Monday, I hot better at the end of the week but today my ear infection soar throat and respiratory problems have come back at once, what could this mean?

Did you finish off your antibiotic prescription or did you stop taking it once you started feeling better? If you did the latter, that was a big mistake as the ending of symptoms does not mean that your system was clear of infection. It just meant that your symptoms ended.

In either case, a visit back to your doctor is in order.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I'm still taking it, I haven't missed a day either, I made that mistake as a Freshmen and what was a harmless Upper respiratory infection became a a terrible case of pneumonia.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Look at all of the Illegal Children that have been ushered into the U.S. over the past months. Look at where they were placed. This virus & the TB outbreaks seem to be directly linked to where they have been inserted into the U.S. population. It is worth researching and exploring I believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A Map Of Illegals Released
i.dailymail.co.uk...

A Map Of EnteroVirus Cases
www.gannett-cdn.com...=166-0-1124-719&r=x383&c=540x380/local/-/media/WFAA/WFAA/2014/09/08/141 0222963000-0908_enterovirus_map201.jpg

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just an update....I am a person who sick in Colorado with this...
I felt very sick this morning ...flu like..aches and sore throat with cough..
Seemed like it was getting worse...still no fever though

I got desperate enough and broke out my stash of Bitter Kola tea I have been keeping in case of an Ebola emergency..
I bought it a few months ago when I heard that it's one of the only known natural anti-viral treatments for Ebola, even though people were saying it would not work I bough some anyway since it was pretty cheap, I figured it could not hurt to have some on hand..

So anyway this morning I drank some of this tea and it tasted like elmer's glue smells ...and then I got pretty nauseated...
When the stomach discomfort subsided after about 45 minutes I began to feel better..
After 3 hours I felt way better...now it's been about 6 hours and most of my symptoms have subsided considerably..
It sort of gave me some energy too...not really sure how the pharmacology of this stuff works...I do understand that it has a low toxicity however..

This virus gets worse at night...last night was terrible and I had a hard time breathing...
tonight should be better I will report back Tomorrow.

edit on 991414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This has hit my area in texas. My friends child has the symptoms!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I thought it might be connected to fracking processes as well, although connecting those dots might be difficult.

Whatever the cause may be, it's a worrying situation.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My youngest son has been so sick for over a week. He has had severe respiratory symptoms. He's been to the pediatrician three times in a week and still he suffers. As I'm posting this, he's in his room using the nebulizer, which has become almost permanently attached to him.

Aug 31st thru Sept 3rd, fever 102, sore throat, extreme fatigue
Sept 3rd (evening) thru Sept 5th extreme fatigue, labored breathing, cough, frequent nosebleeds
Sept 6th, very difficult breathing, started on steroids (prednisone), in addition to his nebulizer treatments of albuterol, still fatigued, severe cough
Sept 6th thru present still extremely tired (he looks awful), difficulty breathing, dizziness, headache and blurred vision, horrible cough.

The pediatrician phoned me Monday and asked that I bring him in Tuesday for a check. I thought this was odd as we did not have a follow-up appointment from the previous two visits. Yesterday we got there and I asked the Dr why the need for the visit and she said just to evaluate how he was doing. I asked if she felt this was enterovirus and she said no because Florida doesn't have any cases of it yet. I asked her how they knew that definitively since they didn't test my child for this and she said he didn't meet the protocol for the symptoms.

Something is very wrong with my son but three visits later and we are still doing albuterol, steroids and allergy meds, which are doing little to help.
edit on 08/11/2014 by quirkygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm in Utah. I don't know what I have an "upper respiratory virus. Body aches, sore throat, congested, and my entire head has felt like it's been decompressing for the last 2 days. Dr put me on prednisone to help the breathing. Although I woke up last night gasping
I get sick at least monthly so this just marks the beginning of a very long fall/winter. I was forced to work, I even have a drs note. So I hope my work enjoys seeing what happens when you make infectious people work.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Retaliation for the "Ebola" outbreak...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Hospitals often do restrict young visitors this time of year as it is because of flu season. That is nothing new. I dont know why they are calling it a mystery illness. Have they not verified what it was by now? Human enterovirus-D68 is what I had seen it reported as.

So nice to see I'm not the only one to catch that little slip. Let's hope it isn't the same "mystery illness" that is decimating the ecosystem on the Pacific Coast from starfish all the way up the food chain to Orcas and seabirds like the Brown Pelican, Eagles, etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've been sick for 5 days now, started with a TERRIBLE sore throat, very similar to when i had strep throat before. Low grade fever on and off, blood pressure was 144/80 (it's ALWAYS 110/70 or very very close to that) fatigued, feel just awful, head hurts, had trouble breathing the first couple days, went to the doctor and the first question they ask me is if i've been around children a lot recently, told them I have not. They tested me for strep, it was negative, and told me it will just have to go through my system and sent me on my way. Now, i very very rarely get sick, as in i went for about 6 years without having even a slight cold. And i'm on thousands of units of vitamins for a severe vitamin deficiency. so i'm taking a lot more than your average everyday multi vitamin and i still got sick. I don't know what's going around but it's NASTY. Hope you guys don't get it! Just thought it was interesting that they asked if i was around children a lot, as in the past i've never been asked that before if i was sick, which was only a few times.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

This sounds exactly like my son (he's 16). Same symptoms, same course. He is still sick and we are now in week 2 of whatever this is.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Had it, in AZ, started Sunday, by Wed son was back in school.... feeling pretty good today myself.

I know what the problem here is....

The media gives a scary name to a virus when it goes around these days. I used to call this "wow that was a really crappy cold" but now it's called "Human Enterovirus-D68" which sounds a lot like the Borg set off a Bio weapon. But i'm going to stick with "wow that was a really crappy cold" because I just stay home and don't waste money on Obama care that way...

When I was a kid I just got sick and went back to school a few days later, same with things like E-Coli... I used to call E-Coli "Sometimes stuff gives me Diarrhea" once in a while I called it "Sometimes stuff gives me Diarrhea for couple of days. And "Sometimes stuff gives me Diarrhea" was much cooler than E-Coli because I got to stay home from school/work... but E-Coli scares everyone so now they irradiate the meat and other stuff too, so I work really really hard while weakening my immune system never miss a day of work or school and just get Cancer as soon as I'm even a little bit old and die...

I Miss "Sometimes stuff gives me Diarrhea" I remember playing with action figures and watching cartoons all day when "Sometimes stuff gave me Diarrhea" and I always felt so good afterwards like I had been cleaned out and my tummy was really strong and I had a lot of energy afterwards like I had a really good immune system, but since it became E-Coli and they started killing it now it never visits and I feel lousy a lot like i'm weak...Maybe they can bring back "Sometimes stuff gives me Diarrhea" and "Wow this is a crappy cold" and we can all feel good again?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Had it, in AZ, started Sunday, by Wed son was back in school.... feeling pretty good today myself.

Not dismissing your input, but I really don't feel you and your son had the same thing that has put kids in ICU, and latched onto other poster's kids for 2 weeks and counting...

I'm sure y'all had something, but it sounds like a 'different something.'
To me, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join