It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My 5 year old went back to school Tuesday after the six week summer break. Wednesday morning I got a call at work to go fetch her as she was unwell. Temperature, coughing and trouble breathing. Took her to the doctors. She has a throat infection and on antibiotics.

It seems to be going around quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck
A friend of mine, her son and daughter had the same symptoms, sores in mouth and throat, high fever, was gone in a couple days...doc said it was hand foot thing, iI'm in Ohio btw

edit on 6-9-2014 by neomaximus10 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

Well she has improved since having the meds, apart from throwing up a lot last night. But I did sort of go into panic mode. Two of her class mates mothers are air hostesses for big airlines. And well, with Ebola in the headlines, my mind went into overdrive. In fact, my little one told me that one of the these two also had a sore throat.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: thesmokingman
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

The West is SOOOO weak in the great scheme of things.....pathetic

It appears you have nothing to add to the discussion but unfounded, and very incorrect assumptions. Just because there is a cough/cold virus going around, you think it is a goo opportunity to bad mouth the USA...WE are soooo weak? I better just shut up now before I find myself in trouble.

Grow up mate...... I mentioned the 'West' not just Amerika's...... Stop playing the victim....boring.....

It is a FaCt that the food chain has been 'toyed with' by American business in pursuit of profit..... Mess with nature at our peril......

PDUK

I gave your post a star just for the hell of it. I am plenty "grown" mate. YOU seem to be the one hanging you lip playing the victim. You came into a thread about an virus, that in fact is not that serious, and are trying to turn it into an AmeriCA bashing thread instead. Believe me, this country is NOT weak at all. If you dont believe that AMERICA is the most powerful country in the world, you need to do a little research my friend. I may not agree with its foreign, and sometimes domestic policies, but I will be damned if I stand by and let weak minded people like you start bashing my country just for the sake of doing so. Again, no victim card being played here mate. Just preventing you from hijacking this thread to turn it into a bash AmeriCa, hey lets get em' thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
And how many illegal immigrants have been "deported" to those states?

I dont think many to Ohio. Do you have some numbers on that?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck
I think an Ebola infection would manifest itself more than that..... However what you post about 'a link' to an airline stewardess etc etc is EXACTLY why the WEST and AmERICA is hated by the rest of the world......

Thousands dying and WILL die because of Ebola in countries whee running water is not the normal yet in the 'developed ' world ...... A few sore throats caused by probably a vigorous strep C infection is thought to be Ebola .... In between an advert for McDonalds and the latest FOX news broadcast and an advert for the local clam shack and gun store.....

America (as a relatively rich country)....... Or maybe I mean by that the relative wealth of many American baby boomers whom have stripped the wealth out of the system in the past 35-50 years need to wake up and realise that the world does not owe them ANYtHiNg....... But needs some of the wealth they have taken ........

The world is just so fecked up at the moment

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Double post... Apologies....

Right index finger was in hyperdrive......

edit on 6-9-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It appears you have nothing to add to the discussion but unfounded, and very incorrect assumptions. Just because there is a cough/cold virus going around, you think it is a goo opportunity to bad mouth the USA...WE are soooo weak? I better just shut up now before I find myself in trouble.

Grow up mate...... I mentioned the 'West' not just Amerika's...... Stop playing the victim....boring.....

It is a FaCt that the food chain has been 'toyed with' by American business in pursuit of profit..... Mess with nature at our peril......

PDUK

Here is a little history lesson for you on High fructose corn syrup, enjoy:

HFCS was first introduced by Richard O. Marshall and Earl R. Kooi in 1957. They were, however, unsuccessful in making it viable for mass production, primarily because the glucose-isomerizing activity they discovered required arsenate, which was highly toxic to humans.[20] An industrially feasible glucose (xylose) isomerase, which did not require arsenate ion for its catalytic activity, was first discovered by Dr. Kei Yamanaka, Kagawa University, Japan, in 1961.[21][22] The industrial production process was refined by Dr. Yoshiyuki Takasaki at the Agency of Industrial Science and Technology of Ministry of International Trade and Industry of Japan in 1965–1970.

European Union[edit]
In the European Union (EU), HFCS, known as isoglucose in sugar regime, is subject to a production quota. In 2005, this quota was set at 303,000 tons; in comparison, the EU produced an average of 18.6 million tons of sugar annually between 1999 and 2001.[36] Wide-scale replacement of sugar with HFCS has not occurred in the EU.[citation needed] For labeling purpose, syrup which is predominantly glucose, like HFCS 42, is called Glucose-Fructose Syrup (GFS), while syrup which is predominantly fructose, like HFCS 55, called Fructose-Glucose Syrup (FGS).
Japan[edit]
In Japan, HFCS accounts for one quarter of total sweetener consumption.[37] In the Japanese Agricultural Standard it is called 異性化糖 ("isomerized sugar"). If a syrup contains more than 50% glucose, it is called ブドウ糖果糖液糖 ("glucose fructose syrup"); if syrup contains 50% to 90% fructose, it is called 果糖ブドウ糖液糖 ("fructose glucose syrup"); and if syrup is more than 90% fructose, it is called 高果糖液糖 ("high fructose syrup").

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

PDUK

I gave your post a star just for the hell of it. I am plenty "grown" mate. YOU seem to be the one hanging you lip playing the victim. You came into a thread about an virus, that in fact is not that serious, and are trying to turn it into an AmeriCA bashing thread instead. Believe me, this country is NOT weak at all. If you dont believe that AMERICA is the most powerful country in the world, you need to do a little research my friend. I may not agree with its foreign, and sometimes domestic policies, but I will be damned if I stand by and let weak minded people like you start bashing my country just for the sake of doing so. Again, no victim card being played here mate. Just preventing you from hijacking this thread to turn it into a bash AmeriCa, hey lets get em' thread.

Star returned with honours and a double cheeseburger to boot....

Actually it's funny that I don't start out trying to dislike American and it's values BUT being a non -American then the more I read, think, absorb and understand then the more I dislike the American 'attitude'.....sorry but I'm being honest......

I actually put a lot of the worlds current and future ills at the door of the 'American Dream' circa 1944 onwards.....
You see it's all about the $ and that's the bottom line BUT there's more too humanity than that I think.....

Regards

PDUK

Ps - contrails is NOT an issue ...... If you really believe that then I doubt your integrity completely ......

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I know, sorry. This is not an Ebola thread. I guess I was just saying that that many kids infected in the OP would raise an alarm. Albeit a false one. Kids pass on stuff so easily in schools.

I'm just a paranoid mum from reading stuff on here too much.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I never said contrails were an issue. I was correcting a fellow member who asked if they could possibly be releasing stuff in the air to make us sick. I was simply reminding them that they MEANT to say CHEMTRIALS, not CONTRAILS.(which are merely water vapor produced by airplanes)As far as it being only about the money, I am positive it is not just the US and the "west" that chases the money.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Smoking man

The fact that Most Americans are Fat or getting fat is because of American companies policies in the 50's and 60's.

High fructose corn syrup was used as a way of reducing cost and increasing yields...... This was lobbied by many companies and individuals and was to become the 'blueprint' for where we are today..... Reduced fat and increased carbohydrate is NOT what nature intended.....

We, as a race and species are WEAKER because our foods have changed because of profits and margins DRIVeN by Amerikan Capitalism......

PDUK

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
good thing all those nasty EPA regulations for protecting air, water, and food, keep getting whittled away. and good thing congress keeps underfunding those departments...after all, this country is spending way to much money and needs to cut taxes...(obvious sarcasm)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

That was my first thought...and I believe it has something to do with this!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: olaru12

Coincides with the riots in Missouri. St. Louis not too far away, as the wind blows? The riot gas was tainted, or upset the balance of nature to allow the virus to propagate?

This concludes today's episode of Tin Foil Hat Speculation.

Ahhh. your good, really good. I need to practice to get even half that good.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

PDUK

yes. and this thread is the perfect place to point out that 'america is the most powerful country in the world'.
well, guess what. noone cares.
and guess what. many don't even agree.
and guess what. he didn't even mean that, he meant that people in the west are weak.

besides, if i'll say that people in the mighty america are mostly a bunch of fat retards with immune systems screwed up beyond any hope, i'm not attacking the mighty america. i'm stating a fact. so please, take your rear side pain somewhere else, noone needs the mighty america BS here.

and to stay on topic, poland here. same thing here, but without the fever, and i'm 34. another person from my family, same place - same thing. another person - different city - same thing. all during this week.

i would call it a normal infection of some sort, but the headache i had during last night was disastrous. having sliced onions in a dish full of hot water helps for the respiratory problems and coughing though, as long as you like the smell.

it's all a little bit fishy.
edit on 6-9-2014 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Lots of UK people are fat too and getting fat or fatter. The Western diet is terrible. Merry Old England had weak ale (a light beer instead of water, had nutrients and lasted longer/safer than water), fatty meats, lards, etc.

Americans may be chunky, but the UK isn't far behind. Bacon, chips, fatty fish, oils, soya sauce, pepperami, etc.

We're all pudgy, simply because technology has changed, foods are worse for us, we sit more, drive longer instead of walking, etc.

Americans and our friends across the pond no longer float. We just displace water.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My sister's baby 18 months old just came down with scarlet fever. When my mom told me I was like WHAT? I didn't even think that disease was around anymore. I was sure my parents made a mistake..so I called my sister. Sure enough..scarlet fever! What's up with this crap? Health Dept was notified and she had to make a report.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

A porous border leaking sick people is one of the reasons.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sounds like hand foot mouth disease to me.

We had a bout of it where I work (at a hospital), and some people get the rash, some don't.
It is highly contagious and quickly spreads among kids in school or other collective activities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join