It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serviceman at Creech Air Force Base in Nevada alleges he was denied reenlistment for refusing to say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

f you mean different by not having to say the god part then OK I agree but both religious and nonreligious took the same oath with one omitting the "so help me god" part.

Precisely what I meant, I wasn't saying each branch had their own oath.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

OK I wasn't sure we were on the same page but it seems we are.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Only one that should be required to take an oath to a god is a priest.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The story is from Al Jazeera and it quotes the original story from American Humanist Org . The CLAIM is that he couldn't reenlist without saying 'so help me God'. That's absurd. There is an oath that the military can take that is without God in it. It's used all the time. Looks to me like Al Jazeera jumped on a hoaky story and I have a hard time believing 'American Humanist Org'.

Creech AFB where this allegedly happened

There has been no statement from the supposed (and unnamed) airman and no statement from the Air Force Base.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Your absolutely right, this is just more Anti-Christian, Pro muslum/Satan Bravo Sierra! Al-Jajbo will quote graffiti on a subway wall if it entails anything Anti-American/Anti-Christian!
edit on V432014Saturdayam31America/ChicagoSat, 27 Dec 2014 05:43:58 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
He should have just said "So help me Gob" if he really wanted to reenlist.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join