It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, some armed with AR-15 rifles, fired 61 shots in killing man with BB gun at Texas truck stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Well when you agree with what the cops did then you agree that he needed to die imo.
Where have you said he didn't deserve to?
edit on thSat, 06 Sep 2014 23:01:16 -0500America/Chicago920141680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well your opinion is completely misguided I'm sorry to say.

He didn't deserve to die, no, but they definately should have gone with guns drawn.

That's all I'm defending, if you've noticed..the rest..well he should have obeyed orders...they should have tried harder to talk him down...

Coulda shoulda woulda

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: FraggleRock

No, and you know I'm not.

When 6 cops are pointing their weapons at you, you do what they tell you.

Pretty simple really.

They had confiscated a bb gun just hours earlier, clearly he knew what was going on, so using his mental illness as an excuse won't fly..

They were informed it was a BB gun. They were not being fired upon. They didn't have the BB gun pointed at them. So what was the justification for shooting, because he didn't comply with their orders?

I agree that when 6 homicidal police officers are pointing their weapons at you, it's a good rule of thumb to follow what they say. That said, failing to do so shouldn't be an automatic death penalty.

And his mental illness is absolutely an acceptable excuse. People with a mental illness aren't generally known for functioning the same way we would expect others to function. So while you can say he clearly knew what was going on. That doesn't necessarily make it true.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would still like to know what kind of sick @#$%s give each other fistbumps and take cellphone pics after shooting someone, not like they just took out enemy #1, whether the shooting was right wrong or indifferent thats F'd up.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

This is why they opened fire..

“raised the weapon in the direction of a police officer,”

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

This is why they opened fire..

“raised the weapon in the direction of a police officer,”

If that's indeed the case then I stand corrected regarding that detail. I watched the video of the witness account which stated the victim was laying on a couch with headphones in his ears and when he went to get up, the police opened fire.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Would you trust the word of someone on such a matter?

I don't believe anything the police that do such things will say. Will they be investigating themselves as well?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh, the man had mental problems and arrested many times. He even had tried to commit suicide before. Then he purchased wine and another B.B. gun.

That's a sad end to a sad life. Maybe after the first ten arrests and the suicide attempt, the court should have placed him into psychiatric care.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join