It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department makes mock ISIS recruitment Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A real life dramatization chalked full of mass killing, bombing of Mosques, and brutal terror, all for the purpose of demotivating potential recruits.

Washington (CNN) -- The brutal mock ISIS recruitment video starts with a simple phrase: Run. Do not walk to ISIS land.

CNN

Complete with crucifixions, Muslims being whipped, shot in the head at point-blank range and thrown into ditches, the grisly video is the latest State Department effort to push back against ISIS recruiting efforts by highlighting the group's barbaric nature.
The video, which uses the group's own propaganda footage posted online, illustrates ISIS actions by advertising so-called "useful skills" ISIS sympathizers can learn if they join the group: blowing up mosques with Muslims inside, crucifying and executing Muslims and plundering public resources.

Is it just me or if this video was released and said to be real, how many people would believe it?

This does probe the conspiratorial question... Is this being released to counter a potential claim that the government has been making fake propaganda videos to drum up support for boots on the ground?

Complete with crucifixions, Muslims being whipped, shot in the head at point-blank range and thrown into ditches, the grisly video is the latest State Department effort to push back against ISIS recruiting efforts by highlighting the group's barbaric nature.
The video, which uses the group's own propaganda footage posted online, illustrates ISIS actions by advertising so-called "useful skills" ISIS sympathizers can learn if they join the group: blowing up mosques with Muslims inside, crucifying and executing Muslims and plundering public resources.

It's my opinion that there is plenty brutal videos of ISIS on the web now being highlighted by media nonstop for the government yo waste money making fake ones.

Or is this meant to galvanize the fear factor of ISIS to the public?

Thoughts?

AAC

edit on 6-9-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

I think it has more to do with out government, specifically this administration, acting like the cast of HeeHaw rather than serious adults.

There is nothing this government can put out without it being questioned and then ignored. People know full well obama is not going to do anything.

All he is good for, and all Obama has done since taking office, is giving speeches, collecting money and shredding the Constitution.

This video is a waste of time and resources.

imo anyways

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Brutality is always been part of the ways of the people in the middle east specially when ruled under tyrants and terrorist groups.

So, yes, the video is very real as the danger of allowing Iraq, Syria and other countries fall under the newest religious ideologist behind ISIS.

I agree that with Obama only been one and a few months left in power, he will not do anything about the middle east, this is going to fall under the next puppet in the white house, because it smells like war coming in a near future, I can only guess that the next president will be a Republican.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Laughable where we are today..nothing changes in the middle east..This administration's foreign policy has at best been tepid at best to deter groups such as ISIS despite having his kill list.

Simply blowing up the leaders of these groups is not working...there needs to be a bigger deterrent and I don't know what that could be..It's ok that I don't know because I'm not running the country but with all the resources and unlimited money this government has they should have a solution.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
God forbid CNN or any other mainstream outlet let the damned video play so it can be viewed without having to go and dig for it.

The whitewashing of the realities of this world by the mainstream is as sickening as the violence that is a very real part of this world.
....wouldn't want to upset the apathetic masses too much, I suppose. Damn, it might actually cause them to THINK and "we" can't be havin' that....now can we?

.....this is a waste of money that will fall on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Did they edit it the same way they edited the Foley and other beheading videos?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Seriously?
Man, I need to start a rant thread later tonight about this because it is ridiculous.

Why is that everyone that claims this believes they are o' so slick? Do you really think "they" (being, the intelligence agencies you insinuate are responsible for the vids) are dumb enough not to know that it would be seen as "faked" if they really wanted you to believe it was the real deal? If they wanted to make it seem "real", they would do so...

I find it funny that those who claim to be "in the know" don't see the obvious here.....
Did it ever occur to you that making it seem "fake" was all part of the plan? Or do you, and many others (you're just called out here because you mentioned it but I see it EVERYWHERE right now) think that you are somehow smarter than everyone else...so you are the only ones that see it?

Look, I said after watching the Foley video that it was staged...Absolutely, without a doubt, staged. Doesn't mean it is "fake" or a product of the west....You do realize that others [besides the west] have the ability to run reverse psy-ops....right?

Staged and fake are two VERY different things.

....all this being said, I have not professed my opinions about the video and their purpose. Keep that in mind before you flame away

edit on 6-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: because...I can and needed to.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
Calm down buddy, it's just my opinion. And I do not think that I'm smarter than anyone else, as we all have the internet and can look at facts and arrive at our own conclusions.
I do not believe anything my government says, especially after 911.

I was just wondering if the state dept.'s vid is similar to the beheading vid's because I haven't watched the state dept. vid yet.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Can the purpose of all these brutality videos be to incense us and get us out of our "no more war" stance? I would think that the mighty war machine will pull out all the stops to try to get us out of that stance. Is just is not working on me and mine though. There's such a thing as too much propaganda and lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I apologize for the hostile tone, first and foremost. As I said, you just caught the brunt of something I had been trying to relay (even to my own self, in my own head).....

All I was really trying to say in that long, drawn out statement was....Hasn't it occurred to anyone that the actual point of staging it in such a way that it appears "fake"...even at first glance by the not so "enlightened" on the matter of true beheadings and the like (ie...those who haven't been exposed/exposed themselves to legit beheading videos)....that the actual point might be to make it appear fake. For the purpose of making MANY people say, that was fake, our government is setting this up...etc etc (sorry, not really articulate after too many beers and a long day of work).....

A reverse psy op of sort, set up by the enemy....again, that being said, I didn't say who that enemy truly was in this case (aka the ones who made the purported IS videos).....

Hopefully that makes sense. I will try to elaborate if it doesn't, but after I wake up in the morning

............again, I did not mean to sound as hostile as that post came off.....

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I mocked them too back in June in a thread about recruiting Americans..

originally posted by: ausername

Yes, come, join us.... Enjoy beheading and crucifying Christians, heretics, disbelievers, and non-Muslims. Pillage, rape and torture at will. Allah commands it.

Help us build a caliphate. A home where all Muslims can come to prepare for the return of the Mahdi and the time of victorious conquests until the whole world belongs to Islam.

Allahu Akbar.

Thing is they have real recruiters now, and their tactics have changed, Islam or being Muslim is not a priority, hatred for the government, antisocial loners, people with a propensity to violence, etc are among the markers they are looking for. Most are found on social networks and online forums before being approached for recruitment... They desperately want to build a small domestic army of terrorists.

inside the USA...

imo
edit on 6-9-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This video will do nothing to stop the psychopaths that want to join IS.

It might give a few reason not to.

But we need to get rid of the psychopaths anyway so why even try to stop them.

Let them see what a 1000 bomb exploding looks like up close an personal.
edit on 7-9-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
I get it. Apology accepted. You make an intelligent point and I respect it.

join