It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'abducts' Estonian officer after Obama says US will defend Estonia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Omg you shallow man,it's not all about the money-does everyone strive to be rich?

Is that what it boils down to with you,personal wealth above everything else?

The people who strive to be crazy rich tend to be the most selfish and self centred individuals who have no limits to the wealth they generate be that breaking financial laws or seeing war as a profit margin

You mean like Putin?

Vladimir Putin, the Richest Man on Earth - 2013

If you've ever wondered about the size of Russian President Vladimir Putin's private fortune, allow me to offer a clue: He doesn’t need one.

From time to time, Western journalists and bloggers speculate about whether Putin is one of the world's richest men or just its wealthiest political leader. Look up "Putin's personal fortune" on Google, and you'll find estimates of between $40 billion and $70 billion.

The media reports, which often cite one another, ultimately tend to rely on one primary source: a November 2007 interview given by a prominent member of Moscow's chattering classes, Stanislav Belkovsky, to the German daily Die Welt. In the interview, he claimed that Putin "controlled" 37 percent of the oil company Surgutneftegaz and 4.5 percent of natural gas monopoly Gazprom. The $40 billion estimate of Putin's fortune was simply the 2007 market price of these stakes.

"And these numbers are substantiated?" Die Welt journalist Manfred Quiring asked. "These numbers are correct," Belkovsky replied, and that was that.

Interviewers regularly ask Belkovsky about the $40 billion number. "That figure could now have changed, I believe at the level of $60-70 billion," Belkovsky told Maeve McClenaghan of the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.

For a person who spent their entire career working for the KGB he sure does have a lot of money. Of course that could also be from the Russian state seizing businesses owned by people who don't support Putin. Those businesses are looted and then passed on to his cronies.

Of course that's just business. I am sure his wealth will be higher when we factor in the countries he will be invading / occupying and annexing.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You just read the headlines of stories you post here!

This is also what is said in that So called journalist page you linked

There has never been the slightest bit of evidence that Putin actually owns stakes in Surgutneftegaz or Gazprom. The Western journalists using Belkovsky as a source either do not know who he is or print his allegations simply because they are colorful. "What game Mr. Belkovsky is playing -- and on whose behalf -- is unclear," the Telegraph of London warned in a story copiously citing Belkovsky's allegations.

These people saying this rubbish are anti Putin liars and I expect there saying this because their friends with the many Russian criminals who stole vast amounts of Russian wealth who bribed authority to turn the other way

Russia isn't turning the other way,and the criminals better run away of face justice

And for about the 10th time on this site,Russia has not invaded the Ukraine! If they had Ukraine would be steamrolled long ago

Crimea held an election and went east and the Russians had a lease there before that for a base anyway so had troops on the ground-during the election these men in green were more prominent as they made sure the crazy Ukraine forces wouldn't turn up and just kill the people of Crimea

Russia is no threat to world peace,your country has the general Clark 7 country plan and that's in operation

Afganistan was an invasion
Iraq was an invasion
Libya was a proxy invasion outsourced to extremists and helped by British and French air support devastating the Libyan army and creating a road to tripoli
Syria was also supposed to be an outsourced invasion but Russia said NO on the air support they wanted to bomb assays troops away

Now your going to openly arm the FSA and drop bombs on Isis and Assad in the fog of war and topple Syria

The next step after that is Iran

You are as bloodthirsty as the rancid specimens who planned this as you continualy spread disinformation and lies in this site and for some reason the mods allow you to hoax most of your posts

The world ain't buying what you and your idols call us the truth we are capable to see through these lies you spin and see the truth

General Clarks 7 countries is the truth and it shows how your military is being used and completely washes away your anti Russian agenda on here

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

There has never been the slightest bit of evidence that Putin actually owns stakes in Surgutneftegaz or Gazprom.

He doesn't need to own stakes in corporations, he owns their owners. We all know what happens to honest businessmen who refuse to follow Putin's corrupt will:

As for amassing a fortune, if you read the article, you would know that it speculates that Putin has no fortune to speak of, because he will have all the resources of the Russian state as his disposal as President for Life.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What you say is exactly the methodology of your own masters - the NWO.

The men behind the curtain control everything of economic value.

Seems Putin has learned a thing or two from you.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

What you say is exactly the methodology of your own masters - the NWO.

Sorry, unlike the superstitious fools who worship men who call themselves "guru," I have no master; I am free and choose my path. I am not afraid of imaginary evil forces.*

The men behind the curtain control everything of economic value.

Economic value is the most superficial and transient value of all.

Seems Putin has learned a thing or two from you.

Certainly not from me.

Edit to add: Still waiting for a link to one of your "predictions" that has come true.

edit on 12-9-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
We are again seeing the heavy BS from the NWO lovers.

Poroshenko has been defeated in East Ukraine. His army and militia has fled after a rout. Even that has not changed a thing for the NWO lovers.

The most unfortunate part here is that Ukraine has become a bonded slave - a bankrupt nation that is surviving on loans from West and thus forced to do its bidding. Ukraine's leaders have lost their independence and freedom. Ukraine is no longer a State it in correct meaning.

Again unfortunate as it is - discussing this topic here yields no results as the outcome will be decided on the battlefield. There seems to be no other way.

My messages are for the doves, for the peaceful, for the God-loving, so that they can protect themselves. For the belligerents, let them face the fire of hell.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

And we are seeing more name calling by people with precious little grasp of reality.

Poroshenko has been defeated in East Ukraine. His army and militia has fled after a rout. Even that has not changed a thing for the NWO lovers.

Wow. Here is a dispatch from the real world: there has been no rout. Troops are still in place, but observing an agreed upon cease-fire. This cease-fire is being broken from time to time, but it is not a defeat for either side.*

www.npr.org...

The most unfortunate part here is that Ukraine has become a bonded slave - a bankrupt nation that is surviving on loans from West and thus forced to do its bidding. Ukraine's leaders have lost their independence and freedom. Ukraine is no longer a State it in correct meaning.

In your ill informed and highly biased opinion.

Again unfortunate as it is - discussing this topic here yields no results as the outcome will be decided on the battlefield. There seems to be no other way.

The actual participants disagree with your war mongering:

"There is no military solution for this crisis," Poroshenko told EU and Ukrainian lawmakers and businessmen at the annual Yalta European Strategy conference - held in Kiev, not Yalta, due to Moscow's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region in March.

"I hope the very fragile but efficient peace process which started exactly one week ago will have a continuation, for the (sake of) stable peace and security on the continent," he said, speaking in English.

www.reuters.com...

My messages are for the doves, for the peaceful, for the God-loving, so that they can protect themselves. For the belligerents, let them face the fire of hell.

Ironic, considering your posts are the most belligerent in this thread. Oh, and still waiting for that prediction....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The article can speculate all it wants,it's based on an agenda to smear Putin and show him as the richest man in the world

This is what Putin said to reports on his wealth

"Putin flatly denied the reports. "It's just chitchat, nonsense, nothing to discuss," he said. "They picked it out of their noses and smeared it on their pieces of paper."

There was, however, some curious substance to the rest of Putin's reply. "I am the wealthiest man not just in Europe but in the whole world. I collect emotions, I am wealthy in that the people of Russia have twice entrusted me with the leadership of a great nation such as Russia -- I believe that is my greatest wealth."

Btw wtf did that low brow journalist think his last comment was curious? Just more smearing

I couldn't care anything about criminal Russian exiles,we should send them all back and sell all their houses in London and give the money back to Russia who's wallet was stolen after the collapse of the soviet empire

There thuggish parasites and this country would be far better without them

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

The article can speculate all it wants,it's based on an agenda to smear Putin and show him as the richest man in the world

So then all the articles on his wealth are just a smear campaign against Putin?

www.celebritynetworth.com...

www.bloombergview.com...

www.newsmax.com...

www.theguardian.com...

And one that originates from wikileaks, which seems to be a very popular source amongst the ATS members.

www.theguardian.com...

Or are they the truth that you just don't want to believe?

This is what Putin said to reports on his wealth

"Putin flatly denied the reports. "It's just chitchat, nonsense, nothing to discuss," he said. "They picked it out of their noses and smeared it on their pieces of paper."

And I wouldn't expect anything less from good ol Vlad.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Tell you what...Prove the NWO exists first then you can bash those who supposedly love them.

And this NWO doesn't count...

You seem to be seeing things very differently than the rest of the world, so in your world does it rain skittles?

Ukraine's leaders have lost their independence and freedom.

If Putin had his way this would be true. Too bad he hasn't gotten his way, because of the will of the Ukraine people.

Again unfortunate as it is - discussing this topic here yields no results as the outcome will be decided on the battlefield.

No that is just what you and a few other members really want to see happen...which is a bit disturbing to be honest.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ugh are they still distracting by discussing anything and everything except the topic?

Russia needs to release the person they kidnapped and the UN needs to condemn Russian actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia need to execute the person within days. That is the right thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And we are seeing more name calling by people with precious little grasp of reality.

Wow. Here is a dispatch from the real world: there has been no rout. Troops are still in place, but observing an agreed upon cease-fire. This cease-fire is being broken from time to time, but it is not a defeat for either side.*

www.npr.org...

In your ill informed and highly biased opinion.

The actual participants disagree with your war mongering:

"There is no military solution for this crisis," Poroshenko told EU and Ukrainian lawmakers and businessmen at the annual Yalta European Strategy conference - held in Kiev, not Yalta, due to Moscow's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region in March.

"I hope the very fragile but efficient peace process which started exactly one week ago will have a continuation, for the (sake of) stable peace and security on the continent," he said, speaking in English.

www.reuters.com...

Ironic, considering your posts are the most belligerent in this thread. Oh, and still waiting for that prediction....

My war mongering - very interesting.

You have simply no idea about topics you write about.

As for predictions - they will come true. I did not give you an exact date and time. Wait a few months.

Poroshenko is just a stooge. Behind external facade is just a rich and corrupt man.

This war is proving too much for him. The actual deaths in Ukrainian army are close to 15,000 or roughly 10% of total Ukrainian military force.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
No I don't agree with Russia executing the Estonian spy,Estonia may be holding back vital information about the fatherland party killing 80 protesters and police but that doesn't allow Russia to kill any of their spies caught

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

Until you discover its you they want to live up against the wall.

You really need to join the rest of us in the real world. There has been no trial, just accusations, so unless you know for certain there will be a guilty verdict why should he be executed for something he is accused of doing?

Or are you suggesting Russian criminal justice is based on the perception that the laws mean something when in fact its a formality and cover to just execute whomever.

If you really want to go down this road any individual inside Ukraine in a military uniform that is not marked, or in civilian clothes actively assisting one side over the other, fall under espionage actions during a time of armed conflict, which the rules of war allow for summary executions of those individuals.

if you are not in proper uniform / civilian clothes you are not protected under the Geneva convention. So every single Russian soldier with no insignia, and person in civilian clothes engaging Ukraine forces are spies per international law.

Maybe we should return the favor and start executing those Russian citizens engaging in those actions in Ukraine.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
No I don't agree with Russia executing the Estonian spy,Estonia may be holding back vital information about the fatherland party killing 80 protesters and police but that doesn't allow Russia to kill any of their spies caught

Seriously? Someone in Estonia has vital information about street protests in another country? Oh, wait... you don't even believe that, you just need to push the idiotic Kyiv government is Nazi meme. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Have you posted anything that suggests you consider not killing someone to be the "right thing?"

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Have you posted anything that suggests you consider not killing someone to be the "right thing?"

To answer your question that would be a NO.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There is a "undeclared" war going on at the moment between NATO and Russia.

This man is an enemy combatant.

If he had surrendered, he would have got protection.

Since he has not surrendered, the only option is execution.

If you think otherwise, then why you fight wars and kill 24x7. What do you do with your enemy combatants?

You are just a lousy hypocrite, thats all.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

No really there is not.

There is a war going on between Ukraine and Pro Russian / Russian forces inside Ukraine.

Based on the evidence Russia crossed into Estonian territory and kidnapped this individual.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join