It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Says It Has Lost Emails From 5 More Employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Deja'-vu all over again...and, yes, THIS is a whole NEW batch of IRS employees under investigation who've miraculously had their emails vanish!
(sorry for the all-cap headline...but that's how it appears in the article)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The IRS says it has lost emails from five more workers who are part of congressional investigations into the treatment of conservative groups that applied for tax exempt status.

The tax agency said in June that it could not locate an untold number of emails to and from Lois Lerner, who headed the IRS division that processes applications for tax-exempt status. The revelation set off a new round of investigations and congressional hearings.

On Friday, the IRS said it has also lost emails from five other employees related to the probe, including two agents who worked in a Cincinnati office processing applications for tax-exempt status.

The agency blamed computer crashes for the lost emails. In a statement, the IRS said it found no evidence that anyone deliberately destroyed evidence.

hosted.ap.org...

edit on 5-9-2014 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

edit on 5-9-2014 by IAMTAT because: headline explanation

edit on 5-9-2014 by elevatedone because: removed all CAPS

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that they could find my great great grandfathers tax returns?
They should be prosecuted for destroying evidence or lose their jobs and pensions for gross incompetence.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lies lies and more lies...

'All Been a Big Lie’: Judicial Watch Says DOJ Atty. Admitted Lerner Emails Exist

The IRS may have those missing Lois Lerner emails after all.

A Department of Justice attorney told Judicial Watch that they back up everything – just in case.
“Everything that we’ve been hearing about scratched hard drives, about missing emails of Lois Lerner, other IRS officials, other officials in the Obama administration, it’s all been a pack of malarkey […] There’s no such thing as Lois Lerner’s missing emails, it’s all been a big lie.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The only thing that gets lost in cyberspace is ones privacy. If these emails are not there, then they have been tampered with.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"You are all fools and we can show you how stupid you are by making you buy this story".

"We are The IRS..So With That said"...

"You need to check yourself before you wreck yourself-Cause lost IRS E-Mails are bad for your health".

"Says you is a sucka, punk motha .."

They are laughing- at all of us- and getting away with it. How does that make you feel?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I call absolute Bravo Sierra!

If they can go back 10 flipping years and go after someone for tax reasons, they can pull out the e-mails.

This is absolute GARBAGE!.

This whole administration is a bunch of cheap, sleazy, lying, under-handed, narcissistic roaches.

How long are we going to just roll over and take this crap?

"Yes, we found in our records, from 25 years ago, that your parents didn't pay enough tax, and since they are deceased, it is now your responsibility.."

"Oh... wait.. you want records of our emails? We can't find them, they must have been lost in a computer crash.."

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That is the solution to their problem, so of course they will "lose" them. This is how these people roll. Evil. Pure evil, every last one of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm SHOCKED!

They must need new computers!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm just going to mention this to be "fair and balanced" but if a GOP administration wins in 2016 and they DON'T fire every single damned one of these IRS pukes, then it will be solidified for me that they are all corrupt and deserve nothing but the deepest scorn.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

As an IT professional, this is almost hysterical. Such cowbell.

The smell... it reminds me of cow patties in a large steamy pile, early in the morning.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh come on now, given their level of work they should have a backup and probably a back up for that backup. Even with a computer crash most email programs now will auto save especially if they use Google such as about to make an outgoing. Even if it was an inbound the person who sent it should be able to just resend it. Internal? Still should be found. This part though is what makes me wonder

two agents who worked in a Cincinnati office processing applications for tax-exempt status.

top topics

join