It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"delete post" fxn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
why is the delete post function in gone?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There surely needs to be a permanent record of every seditious statement ever made on this Board, to arrest potential terrorists under the Patriot Act.

No deletions allowed.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
That isn't cool.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hmm I just noticed I deleted my introduction, but I meant to edit bah, maybe haha damn, too bad they didnt remove it earlier...
/sigh

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Guess we better 'think before we post now' no cussing someone out then deleting it LOL! No getting mad at ats and deleting all of your post(which I've actually thought of once or twice hehe)
Definately interesting....
Mag

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
To prevent people from deleting there own posts when they have spammed, or when they attacked other members.

Quite a few times, flamers deleted much of their posts, after a mod or admin warned them about their behavour. So that it looks like we (the mod and admins) are wrong, or trigger happy.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Come on, because of the bad behavior of few, the many are punished. The delete function was very useful to me. You mods have always had the support of the members. Do not worry about us not believing in you.

XAOS

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Come on, because of the bad behavior of few, the many are punished. The delete function was very useful to me. You mods have always had the support of the members. Do not worry about us not believing in you.

XAOS

This is a case were the abuses of a minority, have caused problems for the majority.

There have been dozens of recent events most members never saw were people posted quick insults, left them up long enough the the target of the insult to see, then deleted the post.

Also, users with malice in mind take advantage of being able to delete entire threads they have started... removing a record of their activity.

And as far as I've seen, XMB seems to be in the minority with discussion software that alows the deletion of entire posts.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
But it would be just as easy for these trolls to diss someone, then edit their statement to something nice.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that we should remove the edit function too??

no, seriously, that will be too obvious, and will be noticed by many members. If, IF things like that happened, you should always contact a mod or admin...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So we cannot delete??....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

No, you cannot delete. And this thread is from 2003

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

No, you cannot delete. And this thread is from 2003

Then why are we asked to search, for when we do we get criticized.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

criticized?

Again (in falsetto and with a soft voice):
No, I'm sorry, but it's not possible to delete your posts, as that function doesn't exists anymore. And by the way, this is an old thread. Just saying, in case you or new readers didn't notice.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
And for the record:
I have nothing against old threads being brought back to life. In fact, I encourage it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Aha, I get it now. You searched for "echelon", didn't you? It was mentioned on the latest ATS Euro show, to do a search on "echelon". I don't think they meant the member echelon though...

top topics

join