It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satanism real & are Satanist like lawyers(liars)??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: TzarChasm

So the commandments say, never love in vain. And worship love as your God. Love is the inspiration for humanity, not ritual.

Yes, people even turned being "born again" into a ritual, but in this verse it says that Love is what makes you born in God:

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

I don't believe Jesus is a human sacrifice for sins. A human sacrifice was not needed as Jesus was already forgiving sins before even dying on the cross (Mark 2:9). I do agree with you though, that his death help spread the teachings of Christianity - one of the main morals being "turn the other cheek" which helped Christianity survive through Roman persecution.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The rituals only give us a physical metaphor for what is spiritual. The one's who cannot understand this teach a different doctrine.

Christians are waiting for false prophets without understanding they are following them. With over 40,000 denominations it should be obvious that at least 40,000 men who wanted your tithes started false religions.

Since at least 40,001 men make the claim that they teach the only correct path. At least 40,000 are false teachers.

So if anyone is still waiting for false profits they are simply paying no attention.
edit on 6-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

It is literally said everywhere that Jesus died for our sins. He gave his life so that we would have eternal life. I know the spiel. And yet you say he wasnt a sacrifice. What was he if not a sacrifice? What gives it meaning if its not a sacrifice? Jesus was absolutely a sacrifice, according to the story. The romans did to him what Abraham almost did to his son. But the real question is this - if believers were somehow convinced that their god desires human sacrifices, for whatever reason, do you think they wouldn't?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He didn't die for his own sins, since he was without sin. So he died because he stood against Zionism.

It is the resurrection that cements the promise of forgiveness and eternal light. These were physical signs with spiritual significance. To give your life for the sake of humanity. This is the lesson learned.

If you accept his message than you can overcome sin simplify by placing humanity and virtue above the self.

Saved from our sins so that we may learn to overcome them.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

My problem with your thesis doesn't lie with whether or not demons are real, or whether or not the Bible teaches they are real. My problem lies with your premise that people get the "demons' that they wanted. This is a blame the victim mentality.

The mentally ill don't want to be sick. It's not fair to say that the afflicted are such because of their attitude toward your "God", any more than it is fair to say that a child has cancer because of their parents' lack of faith.

edit on 6-9-2014 by windword because: OCD punctuation

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I understand what you are saying. I'm really only talking about people who are quite literally evil. Ones who performed an evil ritual.

I'm sure there are some out there who do this stuff, but surely most who believe they are possessed should be taken seriosly and I'm not making light of mental illness.

I understand the difference.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It is literally said everywhere that Jesus died for our sins.

People said it but Jesus didn't. Jesus was already forgiving sins before he died on the cross (Mark 2:5) so it wasn't the cross that was needed for the forgiveness of sins.

quote]originally posted by: TzarChasm
He gave his life so that we would have eternal life. I know the spiel. And yet you say he wasnt a sacrifice. What was he if not a sacrifice? What gives it meaning if its not a sacrifice? Jesus was absolutely a sacrifice, according to the story.

It was Love, not a human sacrifice for sins:

John 15:12-13
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The Love that Jesus showed was to teach people to be more loving and forgiving. They accused Jesus of not following God's Law, because the old 'written' law commands stoning people to death and an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Jesus revealed a new law. In fact, it isn't new at all, the law of Love was always God's True Commandment (2 John 1:5). The religious did not realize that though because a veil was over their heart, but Jesus Christ helped people who believe in Him to remove that veil (2 Corinthians 3:14). Jesus was One with Love, which means that Jesus was One with God since God is Love and whoever lives in Love lives in God and God in him (1 John 4:16 ).

So it was not a human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins because sins were already being forgiven by him before the crucifixion. The sacrifice was his doing, he knew what would happen if he preached the truth and he did so anyway, he got crucified and it helped Christ's Teachings spread around the world.

originally posted by: TzarChasm
if believers were somehow convinced that their god desires human sacrifices, for whatever reason, do you think they wouldn't?

There are some people who killed their child claiming they heard the voice of God telling them to do so, so the answer would be 'yes', unfortunately.

This is why you need to obey Love (in everything do others as you would want them to do you - Matthew 7:12) because without The Law of Love there will be unnecessary suffering done to others.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Yes, it's a deception..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join