It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Forced’ to fight: Disillusioned British ISIS Fighters Afraid to Come Home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

NO, it is not going away, it will only escalate, and I have no idea how this will be stopped.

edit on 113030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

originally posted by: abe froman
You don't get to come home. You made your bed...now die in it.

You would think these guys would be hard core and ready to die for ISIS regardless of the situation. Al Qaeda might actually be a tougher group after all. They don't tuck tail and run so soon. All that talk about ISIS being a bigger threat than Al Qaeda must have been wrong.

AQ-proper, has well established guidelines, TPPs, their own rules of engagement, command and control, and military bearing.

ISIS is a conglomerate of blood thirsty nut jobs so extreme and uncontrollable that AQ could not use them.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well if they miss their families, their homes why not send the families to them? At least then the recruiting will stop cold. The families that all seem to say, "We had no idea Johnny was into jihad" will make it their business to see what Johnny is into knowing that they would have to leave the country too.

STM
edit on 5-9-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: FearYourMind

You would think these guys would be hard core and ready to die for ISIS regardless of the situation. Al Qaeda might actually be a tougher group after all. They don't tuck tail and run so soon. All that talk about ISIS being a bigger threat than Al Qaeda must have been wrong.

AQ-proper, has well established guidelines, TPPs, their own rules of engagement, command and control, and military bearing.

ISIS is a conglomerate of blood thirsty nut jobs so extreme and uncontrollable that AQ could not use them.

Kinda sounds like when the KKK distanced themselves from the Wesboro Baptist Church..lol , I know there isn't much funny in all this.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Making it clear to the British public, for example, that if you go to fight abroad, with terrorist groups, you're gone for good is one way to help lessen this problem.

Another way is to shut down public figures who advocate terrorism, Anjem Choudary is a good example. How this guy can go on TV and say the things he says is completely beyond me, he should be locked up and the key thrown away.

As for ISIS, I don't think there is a permanent solution. I do however think that the majority of people who live in that region are against them, but it's hard to tell, the Vice documentary about ISIS gives some good insight. Fighters from all over the world are joining them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "all the rotten eggs in one basket" and the implications that naturally follow....

edit on 5-9-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
a reply to: beansidhe
So you would be in favour of having these former ISIS back in your country?? Why don't you offer up your home as a refuge for them and don't forget to put a sign on your lawn..."Former ISIS live Here and Have Repented for All Beheadings". Everyone should know who they are and where they live at all times.
This is just ludicrous.

The thing is, she could come back and stay in my home - Glasgow. She might, there's nothing to stop her at the minute. Has she committed a crime yet? I don't know, but I don't think much of her mates.
I am angry with her, I'm angry that she has shamed Scotland, that there is a Scottish accent out there amongst this mess of murder and barbarism.

I don't want to offer my home as a refuge for ex ISIS members because I don't agree with their ideology, their beliefs or their methods. That's not the issue here - the question is not what we feel, it's what do we do when they try to return.

Me personally, I say she is Scotland's child and we should take her back and deal with her behaviour and the consequences. She will probably be looking at a long sentence in prison under terrorism laws. But I maintain that she is our responsibility whether we like what she says and does or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It was probably quite a buzz, armed with real guns and able to go after christians and non muslims and I expect they loved the rape and destruction - but faced with reality that they are now accountable for their actions and will unlikely ever be trusted by decent people, where do you go - anywhere but back to the UK, you forfeited that when you left to play jhadist john.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is why people need to be taught from an early age that there are consequences for your actions.

Sucks for them!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Fighters from all over the world are joining them,

I read that, it makes all kinds of things come to mind

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know UK law, but has she actively worked against their government? Hell, even the US took back the so-called "American Taliban" young man and imprisoned him when charges of treason could have had him put to death.

There are plenty of legal mercenary groups in the states that surely do very unethical things in other countries and aren't held to any scrutiny.

Eta: As for beheadings and atrocities...what about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?
Where's the outrage? Stoning, beheadings, dismemberment, you name it...but that's okay. Bushes and Bandars and Bin Ladens, oh my!
edit on 5-9-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I second that!

I third it.

Dont want those sort of scum back home.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In a little while, most of the UK will be under water, according to some prophecies. So in a way, it's a moot point.

Prepare for the deluge.

Prophecy of Merlin
edit on 5/9/2014 by MarkJS because: added prophecy link

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm sure a few of them can provide valuable information for us. Have them as informants in exchange for life in prison in solitary.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Currently in Europe in many countries like Denmark and Norway to name a few, are discussing to make these fighters stateless.

The Norwegian government has announced that it is considering revoking citizenship from individuals taking part in terrorist activities and wars in the Middle East.

Minister of children and equality Solveig Horne said that "this is a strong signal to people wanting to take part in terror operations and wars", according to TNB news site. "We will turn over every stone to find the necessary measures to prevent radicalisation and extremism," she continued. "We will begin discussion about introducing regulations on revocation for any citizen causing serious damage to vital government interests or who has volunteered to serve in foreign military services."

LINK

They do not deserve the citizenship. When they left to fight for ISIS they knew what they were doing, they knew there will not be acceptance in countries where they left, but still they made up their mind.. what you sow is what you reap.
We don´t need you or want you back.. stay where you are !
edit on 5-9-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Tell them all to come home. There will be a party in their honor. Then drop the hammer on the idiots. But what about all the fighters who leave America and go fight for the IDF? Or fight for Hamas? Should they be allowed to return home?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
In a little while, most of the UK will be under water, according to some prophecies. So in a way, it's a moot point.

Prepare for the deluge.

Prophecy of Merlin

Hey, what does it have to do with ISIS? If England sinks, it sinks.. Nothing anyone can do about it bro.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

One question i would like to ask them.

If Britain went to war, how fast would they join The British Army?

I think we can guess the answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You forgot to tell him to sink or swim.

a reply to: DarknStormy

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Live by the sword you die by it. Stop your moaning.

'Shuffle off this mortal coil'

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Has she committed a crime yet? I don't know, but I don't think much of her mates.

Yes she has, murder, torture attempted genocide, cruel and unusual punishment, crimes against humanity. Take your pick. If I join a group that robs a bank and someone ends up dead then it doesn't matter if I'm the one who pulled the trigger I still get charged with murder. It's too late for them, they will have to take their karma as it comes. Focus on the people still with us if you want to show compassion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join