It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Forced’ to fight: Disillusioned British ISIS Fighters Afraid to Come Home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

They should be told the only way they are getting back into the country is in a bodybag.. Harsh but sensible.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

They should be told the only way they are getting back into the country is in a bodybag.. Harsh but sensible.

Life in prison might be worst. Prisoners may not be too fond of sick jihadist who murder women and children.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

Something tells me that a British Jihadist feeling comfortable enough to announce his willingness to defect from his religious extremist organization (and that is still breathing) is a little suspicious.

I do have pity for people who join a cause under a deluded perspective and later finds out the reality (not all Nazis knew what Hitler was doing and not all Americans are responsible for nuking two Japanese towns, etc) but I would not let them in the country again. Let them hide in a cave after they quit and don't go actively hunting them down. I think that's more than fair.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Tough life... Hope they are told to stay where they are and I hope my government do the exact same thing when the Australia scum start crying to comeback home. We don't need these people in our countries, i would hate too think of what they done to innocent people somewhere down the track.

I hope so too, i can't see our government letting them back in! But with Abbott in charge who knows he makes some crazy insane decisions. I hope they all kill eachother honestly, looks like they are.. Bunch of psychopath freaks!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

They should not be allowed to return. They picked up the sword and they should now bear its weight and burden.

They are not Westerners. They are not the defenders of our values. They are in a limbo now. Neither our allies nor those of our enemies. They are our enemies though.

Radical Islam is our enemy....and they chose to fight for it.

I say "die there" or make a new home elsewhere. You are not one of us.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I can't even begin to understand her. The atrocities committed over there that you have listed are so horrific, so inhumane -and yet human - that the desire to join up with people, knowingly, to lend your support to them is mind boggling. Knowing what they have done, you still choose to go.
I don't understand her. My guess is that she is in way over her head, but who knows? Maybe she has a real nasty streak, and went hoping to commit more of the same.

I don't know how Glasgow will receive her when -if -she comes home. Not very well, I would imagine.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe Vote for independence and hand her over to Sean Connery!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I can't even begin to understand her. The atrocities committed over there that you have listed are so horrific, so inhumane -and yet human - that the desire to join up with people, knowingly, to lend your support to them is mind boggling. Knowing what they have done, you still choose to go.
I don't understand her. My guess is that she is in way over her head, but who knows? Maybe she has a real nasty streak, and went hoping to commit more of the same.

I don't know how Glasgow will receive her when -if -she comes home. Not very well, I would imagine.

Do you really think 20 year old women can't be evil? Id say she has a hell of alot more than a real nasty streak! She is old enough to know what she was doing, it was/is plastered all over the news everything what ISIS intentions were/ are and what they were willing to do. She knew they harmed/ murdered/ tortured innocent people including women and children, how can anyone that isn't born with pure evil flowing through them be okay with that and want to support and be a part of that? Some people are just evil, and they always will be.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They made their bed..they can sleep in it, I love these aholes, they want it both ways..kill the infidel, and then they want to enjoy the life of the infidel, what beheading people and killing women and children wasn't as much fun as they thought..scum they should never be allowed to return except in a body bag and even then I would say pound sand..literally, or say sure come back and deliver a cap to the head. They are worse than the real born into it ones.
If it ever ends they should be hunted down like Nazi's..except they should "actually" be hunted down.
edit on 5-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So they are scared of something?
haha i love it..

Sounds like a plan to me, to get back into the countries they left and cause harm..
NO THANKS! good try though.

Probably scared that the news paper might print there ID and people would go family hunting..
edit on 5-9-2014 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Some choices should be or are irreversable

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You know, I'm feeling a little skeptical today. I normally take things at face value, but I'm not convinced on this one.

First, the source is RT, and I've seen videos of former employees saying that RT is OK for some things, but in foreign affairs it's the pits.

Second, ISIS, within the last week or two threatened Russia because of it's support for Assad.

I would not be surprised if Russia is using RT to try to sow dissension in the ranks of ISIS via a false or misleading story.

Other than that, fine, get rid of ISIS, but don't stop there.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't think it's realistic to talk about the end of ISIS.

ISIS(and wherever they came from is not the point here) are a vehicle, an outlet, for extreme religious ideology.

If it were possible to eradicate ISIS as they stand now, in the future another extremist horde of brutal murderers will arise. I'm not playing the blame game here, but we all know as long as Muslim people in Muslim countries are getting killed by Western bombs etc, there will always be individuals prepared to go and fight in a foreign country to help their brethren, as they see it. ISIS have raised(or lowered) the bar with their barbarism, this is how extremists will try to portray themselves in the future IMO, we see people like that asshat Choudary defending ISIS's methods on TV, so why shouldn't young radicals be drawn towards these levels of brutalism.

Even so, some foreign nationals who went to fight in Syria did so to try and help topple the Assad regime, it is possible that a lot of these individuals ended up joining ISIS ranks simply because that's who they were directed to. Many Syrian rebels do not want foreign fighters joining their groups. I can imagine that some of these people regret their decisions big time, as ISIS are not primarily concerned with helping the people of Syria shake off the shackles of the Assad regime.

I still say, though, if you go to fight you can stay there, you have crossed a line from which you cannot return. It may not seem fair in some cases, but the risks are too high.

edit on 5-9-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

Life in prison might be worst. Prisoners may not be too fond of sick jihadist who murder women and children.

Put them out of their misery.. Just get rid of them, they are no good anywhere in this existence, even in jail.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

I hope so too, i can't see our government letting them back in! But with Abbott in charge who knows he makes some crazy insane decisions. I hope they all kill eachother honestly, looks like they are.. Bunch of psychopath freaks!

If we are going to let these types of people back into the country, we may as well start pardoning serial killers in our very own system.. It's pretty much the same thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No they will be in protective custody..the system will jump around to accomodate them, and then why foot the bill for incarceration its expensive.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh I can see it now, The IS Brits cant go home....The French can't go home......The Ausies can't go home "oh I know.....

Let's all go to America...I heard that crazy President is letting anybody through over the Southern Border!!

Tell me I am wrong! I would not put it past Obozo at this point!!

pax

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So you would be in favour of having these former ISIS back in your country?? Why don't you offer up your home as a refuge for them and don't forget to put a sign on your lawn..."Former ISIS live Here and Have Repented for All Beheadings". Everyone should know who they are and where they live at all times.
This is just ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just more proof Isis was created by Israel. Instead of attacking Israel they are designed to kill other Muslims who pose a threat to Israel.

Rather brilliant strategy I must say. Hire your enemy to kill other enemies and Balcanize the middle east so badly that Israel may quadruple their territory that's been ethnically cleansed.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Your compassion is admirable, I don't think I could hurt anyone, but you have to wonder how these people raised in the freedom of the west became so radicalized, it didn't happen overnight and I believe there are cells preaching it in the west ,

I started a thread a few years back that many Europeans participated in, their stories of radical Islamic teaching in Europe are apparently coming to fruition.

edit on 113030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join