It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Risks loosing $20billion Rafael Deal with India over Mistral Row with Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

in.rbth.com...
France risks losing a contract to supply 126 fighter jets to India due to its refusal to deliver Mistral-class ships to Russia, a leading French analyst told the Delovoi Peterburg website. French officials said this week that they will not deliver the first Mistral-class amphibious warship that Russia had ordered as part of a $1.7 billion agreement for weapons sale.

Well, looks like there is tremendous pressure from US to the French to stop suppling these warships , not only do they risk loosing the mistral contract but also Rafael Deal . Not sure if US is trying to damage Russia or damage E.U or deliberately doing both.

Officials from the French Ministry of Defence, in private conversations acknowledge that if they fail to deliver the Mistral to Russia, then France will lose its contract to supply 126 fighter jets to India

He added that a final decision would be taken by November on the delivery of the warships, and a lot would depend on how the situation in Ukraine panned out.

From the Indian Chief of Air staff himself the French Deal was close to signing but it looks like India will wait till November and see what happens to the Mistral deal , Further delay for the contract.

A source in the Indian Defence Ministry said that India was “watching the developments closely.” The source added it was too early to say if this would factor into the government’s decision to sign a contract. “When such a large amount of money is paid and then a supplier uses geopolitics to delay or suspend deliveries, it does raise eyebrows.

This is probably the worst that could happen , if France no longer remains a reliable supplier that will stop many countries from acquiring French systems especially if deals are signed on the whims of the folks sitting in DC.

edit on 5-9-2014 by maddy21 because: Headlines

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

That's actually pretty funny in an ironic sort of way.

So how are those sanctions working out for you France? Not so good eh? Maybe the EU should grow a set and quit kowtowing to Washington DC and the US war machine.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
France has never had a problem telling the US no in the past. I am pretty sure it isn't being forced to anything it doesn't want to do.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
France has never had a problem telling the US no in the past. I am pretty sure it isn't being forced to anything it doesn't want to do.

Most likely the deal with Russia will go through,Tbh i don't expect French to back stab on the deal. If France cancels the deal France looses a lot if they continue with the contract it only proves US influence is waning to the eastern nations ...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I hope that this unfolds badly for the countries that are trying to force russia to loose their national security.

The US is not in good financial shape and neither is Europe. The whole world economy could collapse. Russia has a much more secure economy than the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

Well, looks like there is tremendous pressure from US to the French to stop suppling these warships , not only do they risk loosing the mistral contract but also Rafael Deal . Not sure if US is trying to damage Russia or damage E.U or deliberately doing both.

Theses sanctions are against Europe, not Russia ... as it won't really hurt Russia. Russia can build it's own warship, if a cold war encompasses. And can divert it's interrest towards Asia.

US and Britain, are damaging EU ... which they both want to destroy.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Gee who would have thunkin . Lets see if you take projected sales of Frances opportunity to sell their wares elsewhere and you cancel the numbers associated with said sales they may have a big problem .Well France welcome to reality because of a small group in the back halls of Washington many countries will have to rework their for-casts for the future. I am sure the markets will react to this news and I don't think it will have any positive figures associated with it . .

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Good, if the French don't go through with the deal they already signed,then I hope other countries will take notice. I know I wouldn't want to have a deal signed sealed and delivered then have the person I signed with tell me "Oh,by the way,I decided that since you don't like so and so,or since you didn't do what this other person wanted,the deal is off". I would be like WTH???? That is no way to do business. I can see putting a stop to FUTURE business deals with an offending party,but not the ones that are already legal.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

it won't really hurt Russia. Russia can build it's own warship, if a cold war encompasses. And can divert it's interrest towards Asia.

Russian shipyards are in something of a sorry state at the moment. They could, of course, build a major warship of their own. But not without a substantial investment of both time and money. Part of the reason for buying a French warship was for the technology transfer and the following capital investment into their own yards. Shipbuilding at the moment is mostly a frigates and smaller boats and submarines along with oil-platforms and a few icebreakers. Designers and engineers lack the experience and shipyards largely lack the ability to lay down a large warship.
Again, they certainly could build their own ships given the time and investment. If they were capable of doing it at the moment, however, they would never have handed almost $2 billion to the French.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae I know I wouldn't want to have a deal signed sealed and delivered then have the person I signed with tell me "Oh,by the way,I decided that since you don't like so and so,or since you didn't do what this other person wanted,the deal is off". I would be like WTH???? That is no way to do business. I can see putting a stop to FUTURE business deals with an offending party,but not the ones that are already legal.

What if you had "a deal signed sealed and delivered" to sell a guy down the street a rifle, and it turned out subsequently they decided to bludgeon and bleed their next door neighbor with a baseball bat and threaten him with a handgun in a dispute over a lawnmower? Would you still sell them the rifle?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
India has been complaining about Russia being unable to supply weapons purchases on time or at all which is why India has begun some heavy buying from the US, Israel and Europe. The US just surpassed Russia in arms sales to India this year. So France delaying a purchase like this makes India view France as just as unreliable as the Russians.

Of course if your France and you go through with the sale with tensions so high and something were to break out between Russia and NATO and those ships ended up killing NATO military memebers or civilians in particular thier own people, the political fall out at home would be massive. Not an easy position for France to be in. And anyone who thinks the US is going to make France decide one way or the other knows nothing about France.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

I am not my brothers keeper. And it would take more than an accusation. It would take proof that they actually did it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: _Del_

I am not my brothers keeper. And it would take more than an accusation. It would take proof that they actually did it.

What about finding the lawnmower in his garage and the bloody club in his bedroom?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
France should insist that the financial punishment leashed on them lately by the US (against the BNP, and with FATCA) be waived aside if the US wants them to ALSO go back on this deal! The bullying is getting ridiculous. Hundreds of jobs will be lost in France if this doesn't go through.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Montana

Under different leadership, France was able to say no to the US. Currently it has a weak idiot at the helm, who hasn't the shoulders to say no.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How about its very easy for us to sit across the ocean and tell other countries to slit their own throats on business deals,after all its not hurting us now is it? Those countries in Europe have to deal with the end results of these sanctions and we know it. I guess we aren't seeing to their interests any better than we see to our citizens. The facts are that we pressured Europe to put new sanctions on Russia over the plane crash,AND THE RESULTS ARE STILL NOT IN YET. Now how can you punish someone or a country when you don't have the proof that they did something yet? I think I remember something in our own law about innocent until proven guilty. But hey, why shouldn't we throw out our own laws since our president does. Constitution? Never heard of it. Yeah, we have been acting like a school yard bully all this year. Nuland's phone conversation was leaked with her BRAGGING about how much was spent to disrupt Ukraine,but thats okay. Nothing to see here folks,move along.

We may be the 911 of the world,but we shouldn't be. We have yet to prove that we can actually handle that responsibility. I look at Libya,Syria,Iraq,Afghanistan and how Iran ended up and there is no way I can say with any honesty that we should be the 911 for the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

The sanctions are a result of Russia invading the Ukraine. It's hilarious that Russia is engaging in war and you still act like they are the victim.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Dimithae

The sanctions are a result of Russia invading the Ukraine. It's hilarious that Russia is engaging in war and you still act like they are the victim.

What invasion? You and another similarly delusional poster keep parroting this invasion story, but it never happened.

Where is the irrefutable evidence of this invasion? Simply provide us all the evidence instead of just saying it over and over again!

I find it kinda funny, seeing all these european countries and the problems they are facing due to these sanctions against Russia, and the blowback consequences when Russia has responded in kind. Industry and farmers all over the EU screaming for bailouts, where is the money going to come from for that, when the states are all broke already?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Maybe Putin acknowledging Russian troops were in Crimea .. and then we have ...

But hey the sanctions don't effect Russia at all right ....
Russia's ruble at lowest level ever as new sanctions loom
Welcome.
edit on 7-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There were thousands of Russian troops in Crimea, for many years, as that is the home of their Black Sea forces. They didn't just turn up when this all kicked off in Ukraine... THEY WERE ALREADY THERE!

Oh yeah, that bunch of "lost" Russian troops, that were picked up. You don't seriously think that was an invasion do you? Seriously?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join