It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somme, Ypres, Normandy, St Mere Eglise, Caen, Carentan, Bastogne and Dunkirk idea's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So, I did it again. Another History tour and I'm set to fly out in 13 days.
Most that know me here have probably seen my past travels, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, NASA, Chernobyl.. well this will be my last trip as its time to buy a house and settle.

But, I must make this a trip to remember!

I've paid for the hotels, Paid for the car rentals.. its set!

I'm just hoping to hear some idea's from anyone on here on hidden off the beaten track places to visit!

I intend to find some relics in the farms from Somme and Ypres, I'll be swimming and diving at Omaha and Gold beaches and walking around the fields of St Mere Eglise at the break of day!

anyone got any tips on where I should go?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So, I did it again. Another History tour and I'm set to fly out in 13 days.
Most that know me here have probably seen my past travels, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, NASA, Chernobyl.. well this will be my last trip as its time to buy a house and settle.

But, I must make this a trip to remember!

I've paid for the hotels, Paid for the car rentals.. its set!

I'm just hoping to hear some idea's from anyone on here on hidden off the beaten track places to visit!

I intend to find some relics in the farms from Somme and Ypres, I'll be swimming and diving at Omaha and Gold beaches and walking around the fields of St Mere Eglise at the break of day!

anyone got any tips on where I should go?

Send me a U2U when you are over here and if you can get down to the Loire valley region which is about 3 hours drive from Normandy...

I will take you wine tasting and visit a couple of castles.

List of some castles here : www.chateaux-de-la-loire.fr...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

join