It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus say anything about gay folk?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Yes the one he quoted mentions homosexuality.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes the one he quoted mentions homosexuality.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to revise my own bible and publish that version.

Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: borntowatch
The simple fact is that homosexuality is against Gods law, the OT law is still in effect.

So you follow these Leviticus laws as well, right?
If you do any of these things, you are in deep sin.

- Failing to include salt in offerings to God (2:13)
- Eating fat (3:17)
- Eating – or touching the carcass of – any seafood without fins or scales (11:10-12)
- Eating any animal which walks on all four and has paws (11:27)
- Eating – or touching the carcass of – flying insects with four legs, unless those legs are jointed (11:20-22)
- Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4)
- Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5)
- Reaping to the very edges of a field (19:9)
- Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19)
- Planting different seeds in the same field (19:19)
- Trimming your beard (19:27)
- Getting tattoos (19:28)

- And the big one - Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud and has a divided hoof (cf: camel, rabbit, pig) (11:4-7)
(NO BACON or pork chops!)

It's all or nothing. If homosexuality is a sin because the Old Testament laws supposedly stand, then cutting your beard is a sin as well. So is having mixed fabric in your clothing. Do you wear polyester or a 'cotton blend'? Do you plant marigolds next to tulips in your garden? According to you ... that's all sin.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Anti-gay or "Love your neighbor as yourself"

I think the two ideas are exclusive. I can be anti-gay and still love a gay individual. In fact, that's exactly what I do. I don't demonize gay people, but I do perceive them as unnatural. I believe they are just like any other perversion of modern society in regards to lust; the general decay of morals, which has grafted itself into the roots of humanity over time. Perversion is a penetrating ideology (no pun intended).

However, I have nothing against them personally, in fact I think some of them are fun to hang around with. I had a gay friend in High-school who always made me laugh my butt off. I considered us friends. We'd shoot the breeze during break. There's nothing evil about gay individuals, but Christians have demonized them, forgetting they're no less human then we are. In fact, with the way we act towards one-another these days, i'd say we're all sub-human.

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"
We all have our trials and tribulations in this life, some seen and some unseen. I will admit I'm just as much a perverted individual then any other individual, gay or otherwise. It's silly to squabble about the splinter in another persons eye, when you've got a steel gaff in your own.

Now I know some of you are going to argue: "Well they didn't choose to be that way, they can't help how they feel". My only answer to that is, it doesn't make their predicament any less of a perversion. Over the course of time, we've allowed these things to fester inside of us, birthing more and more perverse feelings and ideologies into the world. We are the product of the previous generations. It's really that simple. Well... it's that simple if you remove the spiritual element.

FIN

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Another good thread.

I did a thread similar to this. . .

Would Jesus have hated on gays

Look forward to the results.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I hope you're not confusing gay with camp. By the way, gay isn't a modern phenomenon. We've been around since the beginning of time, so I guess we are more natural than you think.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The New Testament does condemn Homosexuality..

For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error. Romans 1:26-27

Idolatry is a pejorative term for the worship of an idol, a physical object such as a cult image, as a god, or practices believed to verge on worship, such as giving undue honour and regard to created forms other than God. In all the Abrahamic religions idolatry is strongly forbidden, although views as to what constitutes idolatry may differ within and between them.

edit on 5.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oop soz Bez the thought came to me and I asked it.
Everyone can continue in Bez's thread If they wish

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: borntowatch

It's all or nothing. If homosexuality is a sin because the Old Testament laws supposedly stand, then cutting your beard is a sin as well. So is having mixed fabric in your clothing. Do you wear polyester or a 'cotton blend'? Do you plant marigolds next to tulips in your garden? According to you ... that's all sin.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

And we all know how well it works out when we go for the 'ALL' approach. Just take a look at the mess ISIS and the Taleban have created in the Muslim world....

A wise man once said, everything in moderation

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

You are pretty well spot on...

Jesus did speak on "sex outside of marriage" and some scholars believe his comments about eunuchs are in reference to homosexuality..

While sex outside of marriage is a sin, the thing to remember is all sins can be forgiven expect one... To turn away from salvation/God..

I'll just take your post and claim it as my own thoughts to save time.

What people seem to forget is that the bible said that a sin is a sin is a sin. I sin daily though I try not to. My sin is the same as anyone else's. By that measurement then I can judge no one else for anything they do. I certainly can not judge who will go to heaven and who won't.

I can say that I think many "Christians" who are despicably hate filled will probably not be going where they all too often remind everyone else they are going, but that is opinion only. On the contrary, it is my opinion only that their fate may be worse simply because they drive so many people away from God with their empty, false, rhetoric.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with who anybody wants to sleep with. If we all want to go that route it says not to be unequally yoked. So those that are married to the same sex or not are committing a sin if they or their partners faith is stronger or weaker than their spouse.... regardless of sex.

There are way too many people who seem to just dream up ways to hate people or what they do. We don't need to add to that with ignorance thinking that we are all residing in some white tower of our own. None of us have a pristine tower, to pretend otherwise is ludacris IMO.

I'm sure many who call themselves Christians will disagree with me. All I know is that the Jesus I love did not hate. So logically, I think hate is probably a pretty bad thing to do.
edit on 9/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Yes, perversion has been around nearly forever.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I don't think so. I think this is one of those issues that need to keep being addressed. But that's just MHO.

ETA - That if people want to keep pointing out what they see as flaws, then they might as well just line the hell up behind the very folks they are judging for it. Some need to be shown often that Jesus hated no one regardless... So to hate in His name just doesn't make sense.
edit on 9/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

In Matthew 19:3, Jesus is asked about the permissibility of divorce "for any cause."
“ He answered, ‘Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning “made them male and female” [Genesis 1:27], and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh” [Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.’ ”

But you missed this following passage:

Verse 11,12: “Jesus replied, 'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it'.”

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You and I are in complete agreement on that

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The odd thing is that there is a pressing matter in the world that gay people and Christians should actually be able to unite on;

The threat of fundamental Islam. It has been made very clear that they wish to extinguish both of us and are not afraid to be barbaric about it.

I do agree with you. Islam used as a tool for barbaric violence and the way it is brainwashing some people is a real threat to symbiotic and peaceful living despite religious differences. In my way of thinking Islam need to become more spiritual and logical. Give me an Islam where the followers think like Rumi and I will fight to keep any wolfs away from them.

But then Christianity as a collective seem to have lost their way from the teachings of Jesus and seem to need a recap of what Jesus taught. I guess there are to many wolves in sheep clothing there also.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So then allow homosexual marriage and they won't be committing 'adultery' (sex outside of marriage).

Adultery isn't the problem because many straight people commit the same thing and they are married more times than not also... Homosexuality falls alongside adultery as a transgression and through religion no amendments can be made to justify that action. That is the issue and why many religious people will not allow or condone it.
edit on 5-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

link   

YoungMale Haplorrhini - I just perused this and warn about typing 'bout Levi 'round football time especially around the Yanks that rationalize their "cherry picking" of 'The Rule Book'™ and so there is little mistake, The One left by TheGideons™ and their 869 offices World-Wide to better serve "the flock" (I'd opine it is to suck in more $$$ and funnel through their cheating CPAs to further stretch the last .10¢ out of Wilma Fingerdoo who can't pay Her electricity but can pony up to these leeches.. )

YIKES! I just went off on a tangent there... Then when 'they' are typing that I'm going to Hell.....

If You had farcebook™ I have a very comical cartoon of Jesus and after telling 'the flock' to LOVE EVERYONE, of course one of 'the true Christians™ asks 'What if they are gay or a Muslim"? Then J does a 'face palm' and says "What did I just Frickin say' After posting the pic to My page I had 4 "friends" de-friend Me, they self describe as Christian™ but I doubt they add the ™ at the end...

namaste

link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You and I are in complete agreement on that

See? You do love me....

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Nononononono!

I'm glad you brought it up!

great minds and all of that!

I think this needs to be discussed. There is much animosity concerning Christians right now. I hope forums like this can dispel any bias or hatred those have towards those of us who do embrace the Christian faith.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Another good thread.

I did a thread similar to this. . .

Would Jesus have hated on gays

Look forward to the results.

I had a look at the thread and to be honest with you, such a discussion is only to be had within the confines of people who simply will never be know what they're talking about.

It's evident in their thoughtful and intelligent posts.

I admire their effort in trying to understand, but it's not a conversation for a homosexual like me to be involved in, or I'll lose my fking mind.

You don't discuss me like that. You don't turn me into a peice of fking meat that just wants to hump every other male. I'm not a sin. I'm not a strange alien to be investigated. I like the same sex.

Get over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join