It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Glass The Single Worst Product Ever?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I until I watched this video wanted a pair but I don't think I will bother now.

Maybe when they are about a 100 quid but not for over 2k.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
close! but there is still this.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That did sound pretty abysmal. However, I think that with time all of these issues can be fixed. It seems incredibly hard to justify that price of this product with the functionality. Apparently people felt that the price was worth it when they thought the product would at least perform as intended, but when it doesn't even do that the price tag really does make it a horrible purchasing decision. Like you said, if they were cheaper then a buy could possibly be justified. The only way buying these would not be a horrible decision would be if you could afford to just use 2 grand to wipe after using the bathroom. That is my opinion anyway.

And what is the point of the product anyway? It combines a few functions that can easily be done with a cell phone, tablet, laptop, or other device, and these other devices will do all those things better anyway...For a fraction of the price. It just does not seem like a smart investment at this point. If they don't sell very many of these, and they totally bomb, then perhaps they will not even work on improving them, but rather discontinue them altogether. So when the price comes down a bit, and the functionality and efficacy increases, this product might be worth the buy. But as it stands now I would have to agree with you and the guy in the video. Well at least we know Google did not pay the guy to review their product. I'm sure there are some groups out there that actually do make money giving positive reviews to any product they are paid to review. Learning from the politicians I suppose.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

That is an amazing product

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Humans were the worst product ever, God obviously released us to destroy their planet.

But seriously now, those sleeping bag trousers plus some sort of waterproofing and a visor would be the ultimate "get drunk and sleep anywhere" product of all time, tag line 'A tramps best friend'!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
For the sake of god, please link the original video and it even has more than 240p

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

ooops sorry

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No; this is the worst product ever. Now you can participate in internet flame wars while driving at sixty miles per hour!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

By "worst" I assume you mean "amazing"?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I know like another dude said If that was waterproof I would wear that outside
looks dead comfy.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've seen people cobble together augmented reality set-ups 10,000x better than Google Glass using a $300 Oculus Rift Headset. Of course, it's not as portable.

Here's a video of one such example:

www.youtube.com...

If anyone else has seen it, in my opinion, augmented reality glasses should be like how they were portrayed in the anime series, Dennou Coil.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-9-2014 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Oh man I can't wait for the Rift.
I think I may live in the Riftverse when it comes out

Oh and vids don't work.

Just put the last lot of letters after the = sign.
edit on 5-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Fixed it.

Thanks.

Of course, no conversation about Augmented Reality in the Rift, can go without posting this video.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-9-2014 by Junkheap because: I have unleashed an unspeakable horror.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The worst product ever is the packaging that scissors come in. As the very thing you need to open it, you're trying to f***n open!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

The worst product ever is the packaging that scissors come in. As the very thing you need to open it, you're trying to f***n open!

exsissorarmus!!!

/geek

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Never tried it, but the Poop-inducing sugar-free Gummi Bears have to be a competitor.

eta. Very interesting vid btw, sounds like they proper sucks

edit on 5-9-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Can't say that I was ever interested in google glass for personal use as I got me one of these:

However, I think the CLOACA has got to be the biggest turd of all.

However , there is some stiff competion for worst products:
theworstthingsforsale.com...

With this being on the top of the list: www.amazon.com...=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1481227041&linkCode=as2&tag=natdee-20&linkId=H X4CZZ5O4O3Z4AF7
edit on 40930America/ChicagoFri, 05 Sep 2014 11:40:50 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Guy buys experimental product thinking it is a consumer grade product... then complains about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Have you seen the smart rock? Now that is a useless smart device. lol. I like google glass, I think it pushed boundaries, I just don't think its time has come or it is in its polished form. Just look at when tablets first came out... the only people who bought them were IT guys and companies looking for a touch screen their technicians could use to get clients to sign off on paperwork while out in the field. Back then, I wanted one and I knew what they could become, but the consumer driven marketplace were not avid internet or technology users like I was and so the soil was not fertile enough for its proper blossoming.

Imaging how dismal the world would be today if the traditional American culture had maintained itself. Instead, we have grandmas playing angry birds and candy crush on their kindle fires. I bet no one in the 90s saw that coming. And now, our phones are essentially mini tablet computers. This world is becoming a very comfortable robe to be worn after a long hot shower, and I am reveling in it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's not on the market yet. The idea is pretty awesome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join