It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars, Flags, and ???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I don't think anything will be flawless though. I see your point about people handing out a flag or star and not even commenting, makes sense. So maybe sides could be something like Pro-leaning pro-on the fence-leaning con-con or something? More simple? I am assuming you would be able to change your position to show you were swayed, and that would be reflected as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

It seems the current line of thought with others is similar to yours, and I'm understanding more as to why. Perhaps stars can be dealt away with but it has been stated that flags help organize the more important threads. However, I usually go to new first and work my way backward to the last thread I looked at so I don't miss anything. It' nice to get views from those that have been here a long time because you have seen various things tried and tested. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Yes, maybe a 24 hour timelimit to change your stance on a topic that first seemed wrong but later showed right or other way around, thereby you could also filter the top stories that have been debunked on page 2 and stays on top for 17 hours.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Recently moderator FLYERSFAN posted in a thread that the stars ,flags was broken

confused as mine seems to be working ok

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

We used to have unflagging to take your own flag away. Guess it didn't work

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

What he means is his S&F count, it's not an amount he actually got from members, it was added during an update of the site, either by a flaw in the system or by reward from site owners for being a long time member.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yes I'm one caught in the glitch. My flags seem about right but just look at my star count!

I asked yesterday how I suddenly got a yellow border.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You can still do that by clicking the flag again, though it has a very limited time, but i don't think many people know that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Yes I'm one caught in the glitch. My flags seem about right but just look at my star count!

I asked yesterday how I suddenly got a yellow border.

sshhh do not tell them but they have a code error, it is a conspiracy i think

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Recently moderator FLYERSFAN posted in a thread that the stars ,flags was broken

This glitch seems to only affect long-standing members who have been around for a significant number of years. Coincedence? Shyeah right!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Stars are broken. Wats are broken. Karma is broken. There is a glitch in the system. If you look at the number of stars, wats and karma that people have, it's unreliable. Many accounts have been infected with the glitch. ATS Administration is aware of it. I do not know when/if it'll be fixed.

Flags and post count are accurate. Flags help determine which threads will make the ATS front page.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
This glitch seems to only affect long-standing members who have been around for a significant number of years. Coincedence? Shyeah right!

I have noticed that the star count goes up significantly when a very old thread is brought back up. I am not a computer expert but it seems that the old threads being reposted in are a key to the glitch. One of my old threads was recently posted in and I noticed my star count suddenly raised by 10 million.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
sometimes, we come by a thread or post that is so absurd, so full of it, so biased, or something that it actually should deserve something that reflects the opposite of a star or flag.

Every few months or so someone will suggest a negative system. In my opinion it wouldn't be good for ATS to go negative and it would 'turn off' people from posting and being themselves. If you don't like something then don't give it a star. If you don't like a thread then don't flag it. If it annoys you then ignore it. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No dear your stars are not broken we have given you all them for your wise words of wisdom

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If you go to the list of members and click to arrange them in "star-count" order, you find that the first seven hundred or so have silly numbers of stars.
However, once you get down to the long-standing members with stars in the tens of thousands only, those are probably legitimate.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You can go to account and switch to desktop version...
That's if you want to see all the extra bits!

I prefer mobile to the web, because I don't have a computer

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Name and avatar is all. But, if I switch it to desktop mode all the words overlap eachother. I have a note 3. That's a pretty big phone. I'm sure there's room.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm all for an up vote/down vote system like Disguise has.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Oh yes you're right. I clicked the flag to test and it unflagged. Tried to put it back but it said fail.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You tried to give it back too fast. If you refresh the page or wait a minute it will work again FYI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join