It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIH Scientist Martin Rogers Found Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm putting this here because I have no idea what diseases the guy was working on, but anytime a high level government worker meets an untimely end ... Well something smells.

About two weeks after he went missing, police announced an NIH scientist has been found dead in his car. Martin John Rogers, 54, left his Gaithersburg home around 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 21 to go to work.

As he was leaving, he told his wife of 25 years that he was going to a meeting -- but his co-workers said he never showed up to work that morning.

Martin Rogers had worked at the National Institutes of Health for 15 years and specialized in tropical diseases.

Police said surveillance video captured Martin checking into a hotel in La Valle, Maryland, looking "stressed out." Last week, police received multiple reports of possible

Completely out of character according to his wife.

He'd been missing for two weeks. I am a news junkie and this is the first I've heard about it. Anyone know if it was covered in the news locally?

So, I'm suspicious. Did he find out something to do with Ebola? Some other nefarious government "medical" meddling? Or, did he simply become infected by one of the diseases he was studying and become disoriented?

It's not like suspicious deaths of scientists haven't happened before right?

www.nbcwashington.com...[ editby]edit on 4-9-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He probably wasn't playing by the rules. I'm sure it will be either an accident or a suicide.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
I'm putting this here because I have no idea what diseases the guy was working on, but anytime a high level government worker meets an untimely end ... Well something smells.

It's one of those mysteries like the death of those French swine flu vaccine researchers who discovered that the swine was actually a hybrid of three flu viruses, with various genes of each. The probability that all three viruses was just in the right place at the right time in the same cell to have their genes recombined is astronomical.

drrimatruthreports.com...
edit on 4-9-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Not the first microbiologist...

There is really only one reason to kill off a bunch of scientists. To keep them from doing something they are able to do. What were these scientists able to do? Maybe blow the whistle if an artificially created disease was about to be used in a manner those who created it did not approve of. Regardless of the exact reason, there does seem to be a clear pattern of targeted microbiologists, and paired with it, an obvious government disinterest in the matter.

link.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, they've already come out and said "foul play not suspected"...the very words that made me suspicious.

link   
Ask me how I know La Vale is spelled wrong in that article.

That's very scary.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Interesting, I didn't know about that.

What came to my mind initially, were the gulf oil spill scientists who met with some untimely ends as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Ok...how do you know that it's spelled wrong and does it add to the suspiciousness

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sounds like he was quarantining himself from his family and co-workers. Checked into a hotel just in case and when definite symptoms showed up he lived in his car and took breaks out in the open but away from people.

STM

ETA: I wonder if he was testing some sort of cure on himself which means he also gave himself the disease, whichever disease it may have been. A few researchers do this just to see if they're on the right track, they're not supposed to but they do.
edit on 4-9-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ok...how do you know that it's spelled wrong and does it add to the suspiciousness

Only if you think this man dying 2hrs from his home next to a college town where people come from all over is suspicious.

We don't even have a decent mall in Allegany County!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Look on a map. The C&O canal is part of the Great Allegany Passage... which in turn is part of the Appalation Trail. It goes up and down the east coast. This was not a good place for this man to be. He was sited on it near DC and it goes right through La Vale.

Even hiking this in the rain its full of people.
If he was quarantining himself, he did a terrible job!

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Sounds like he was quarantining himself from his family and co-workers. Checked into a hotel just in case and when definite symptoms showed up he lived in his car and took breaks out in the open but away from people.

STM

ETA: I wonder if he was testing some sort of cure on himself. A lot of researchers do this just to see if they're on the right track.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Quarantining as in not close to people, as in like 20 ft. away at all times.

ETA since you edited the post before this I will say okay that hiking path is busy. But if you're off to the side of it and don't cough on people or get right next to them it should be okay. And if he was sick and feverish open air would help him. I think he left the hotel room realizing he could expose the maids to whatever it was he was trying to fight off. And open water disperses and dilutes the efficiency of whatever he had and he should know. Perhaps him throwing up there in the water he thought it was less likely to infect people. Just a theory here and going with it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Only if you think this man dying 2hrs from his home next to a college town where people come from all over is suspicious.

We don't even have a decent mall in Allegany County!

Okay, I'm a bit thick I suppose but I don't understand your statements. Could you please spell it out for those of us who don't have a clue what your references are? What does not having a mall have to do with this man's death?
I'm not trying to be difficult, I simply don't get it. I've followed the stories of lots of microbiologists' deaths, some under VERY strange circumstances but your references are just too obscure for my poor brain at this time.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.dnr.state.md.us...

www.appalachiantrail.org...

For those of you that think pictorially. I don't like that he came here. I have family in MoCo. Its more populated but, there's no reason to leave, everything is there. There's nothing in Allegany Co.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Interesting and plausible theory...just wish we could find out what diseases he was working on because if that's the case, it was a bad one.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The problem is people here travel more. I am seriously concerned. I'm wondering if I should plan on not hiking this weekend.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If this theory is correct, well here's some more:

If he had an accidental exposure to some disease he would have told his colleagues and he would've been treated. But, he did not tell them, which tells me that he was complicit in his condition. If he had gone to a hospital to be treated he would lose his medical license, his whole livelihood. I think in his fever he decided even though his vaccine or whatever didn't work that he would still lose his license and let the disease run it's course. It was evidently the ultimate gamble.

STM

Note: Sounds like a plot for a movie.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
NVM

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Whether this theory is correct or not, I'm sorry this man died alone. I hope we get answers. Nothing on this site has ever scared me as much as this. All the hotels in La Vale are on one rd. Its a pretty busy rd.

m.times-news.com... 1d7-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

I'm worried why the local paper gives less details than the national paper.

ETA: this has the most details yet
www.myfoxdc.com... scientist-found-in-allegany-co

edit on 4-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Okay, found his job title, gives us a little more to go on. Still sounds like he was his own guinea pig.

Source: www.niaid.nih.gov...

Dr. M. John Rogers, Program Officer, Preclinical Parasite Drug Development

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join