It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook: Did an AR-15 Do This?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've never seen the picture of Lanza's gun with the hair stuck in the sight. Don't know why but they're kinda creepy.

I'm no expert on firearms but how does one shoot himself in the back of the head ? People tell me I have long arms and I can't even make that shot.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PREDEVpersona

And recall that the official account is that live shotgun shells were "dropped" by responding LEOs. It is my belief that the "dropped" shell account is a cover for X number of shotgun shells FIRED by LEOs. Why cover? I must assume those rounds hit staff and/or students, possibly post-mortem -- but regardless -- too embarrassing to admit.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Not really, not now. But it's doing great right here now! Lots of real knowledgable members on this subject!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This argument originates from the Sandy Hook Hoax Facebook page.

The same folks that falsified an email from a clothing company in an effort to make a claim about a sweatband inside Adam Lanza's hat a few weeks back.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As to the handgun with his hair stuck to it...

The front sight would have had to been pressed to his scalp, and as the firearm recoiled and the slide retracted to the rear, it (the front sight) would have had to scrape his scalp.

For it to do that, I think that rules out suicide. It would have been from the rear of the head (ear or back) and angling forward, towards the face. The only way that could happen in the user's hands is if the muzzle was placed behind the top of the ear.

I don't see anybody trying to hurriedly commit suicide placing the firearm in that position, at that angle. Just too much work, plain and simple.

However, if there was another person standing behind him, gun to his head, I could certainly see the hair being stuck to the front sight. Especially if this person knew that they had to place the bullet somewhere that they knew could be ruled as a suicide, and also knew that a good entry point to the human brain is right around the ear...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom12
This argument originates from the Sandy Hook Hoax Facebook page.

The same folks that falsified an email from a clothing company in an effort to make a claim about a sweatband inside Adam Lanza's hat a few weeks back.

Where the claim originated from is of little importance. What is of major importance is whether or not it can be debunked or validated. Do you have any useful information to add in support of either?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Nah, I already have been "banned" from posting responses on both the Sandy Hook Hoax and Wolfgang Halbig's pages on Facebook.

Apparently, after 2 phone calls and several "chats" with Wolfgang providing rational answers to his "16 Questions" , they do not wish to carry on discussions with anyone who intelligently answers their questions.

Keep the Kool Aid flowing.

Is it possible the police/tactical response teams used a shotgun to breach the front door to get in and do not wish to reveal tactics to the general public?

Maybe you didn't know this nugget? Mr Posner(father of one of the slain children) actually went to Florida to where Wolfgang Halbig lives in an effort to speak with him and answer his "questions", but Mr Halbig refused entry at his gated community to Mr Posner.

Halbig wanted answers and cowardly hid when the answers came to his door. But keep sending him money!
edit on 8-9-2014 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom12
It's a good thing he lived in a gated community. I wouldn't want Pozner on my property either.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gunblaize

Go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Follow that link to pictures 482 and 483.....

Those are pictures of the top of his hat showing a bullet hole with blood and hair. To me that looks like a shot to the chin and exit the top of his head near his forehead. Where is the info that he took a shot from the back of the head?

edit on 10-9-2014 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's clear that the OP doesn't know anything about guns or glass.

Was the glass tempered glass or laminated? It makes a huge difference.
You can't go on 'what this guy says'. To the public the terms are interchangeable.

For this to be a valid conspiracy there needs to be a reason for the crime.
Did TPTB set things up to rid the US of assault rifles?
How did that work out for them?

Even the group "Moms Demand Action" have changed their tune on assault rifles.
The new 'Politically Correct' have cosmetic changes. Same barrel. Same bullet.
They looked into FBI stats and found most gun deaths came from hand guns. Duh
Now they are focusing their efforts on background checks and stores banning them.

Maybe they will finally realize that criminals intent on committing crimes
don't read 'No Guns Allowed' signs.

But you internet experts go ahead and analyze YT vids and rumors of this and that.
You can make up a conspiracy on anything.
edit on 10-9-2014 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
It's clear that the OP doesn't know anything about guns or glass.

You're right. In fact, I made it pretty clear in my OP that I am not any kind of expert on firearms. Furthermore, I didn't even mention the glass in my post, as that isn't the aspect of this that I found compelling.

The question I wanted to discuss is whether the damage below was more likely caused by a shotgun or an AR-15:

As you can see, the gray substance looks quite like that in the photo below, which was caused by a shotgun:

I made the post hoping some people who DID know something about firearms could say one way or another.

I also posted the picture in a couple forums dedicated to firearms enthusiasts. I didn't mention that the photo was from Sandy Hook. Just asked their opinion on whether they thought an AR-15 or something else had caused the damage. Nearly all of those who responded said the damage was most likely caused by a shotgun. None thought it was an AR-15.

Of course, this proves nothing.

What is your opinion on what caused that damage?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SMOKINGGUN2012

Go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Follow that link to pictures 482 and 483.....

Those are pictures of the top of his hat showing a bullet hole with blood and hair. To me that looks like a shot to the chin and exit the top of his head near his forehead. Where is the info that he took a shot from the back of the head?

In the official report - (Book 1, 00263454.pdf), the alleged self-inflicted gunshot wound is to the right rear lower portion of Adam's head:

Pg 191:
"Trajectory documentation, locations of blood-like stains, tissue, hair, and the shooter's body are all consistent with the shooter standing and facing in an east direction at the time of receiving a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound to the right side of his head."

Pg 190
"A black colored "Flexfit" canvas "boonie-styled" hat was located on the floor northeast of the suspect. This hat was seized as Exhibit #21. This hat had blood-like stains, hairs and a hole consistent with a bullet hole in the forward portion of the top of the hat. This hole was consistent with having been worn by the shooter at the time the shooter received a bullet to the right rear lower portion of his head which exited out the top forward portion of his head and hat."

Also notable is that in the final medical examiner reports (CFS 1200704597 00101146.pdf), the cause of death listed is as an "intraoral gunshot wound".

I guess those hairs came from inside Adam Lanza's mouth?

edit on -05:00REWedEVpAmerica/ChicagoWed, 10 Sep 2014 18:01:28 -050028 by PREDEVpersona because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:00REWedEVpAmerica/ChicagoWed, 10 Sep 2014 18:02:13 -050013 by PREDEVpersona because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thanks for that.....had not seen that before........

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's worth factoring in the following, too:

1. Some officers saw him in cuffs

2. Officers described the head wound differently depending on when they saw it (small amount of blood/massive pool of blood)

3. CSP investigators questioned one early-arriving officer repeatedly as to his movements, particularly whether he had entered Room 8 before Room 10; implication to my mind is that they wanted to know whether he saw the horrific scene in 8 and then ran into 10, as he first stated he did. He changed his story several times, finally claiming to not have seen Room 8 until almost half an hour after arriving on scene. It seems clear to me that CSP are suspicious of his actions. This same individual was seen standing over the perp, pointing a rifle at his head.

Personally, I am fairly convinced this was an officer-involved shooting. It was certainly reported to Hoboken police as such ("gunman fatally wounded by police.") I doubt anyone in America would generally have cared; but as the shooter was likely already in cuffs, it gets somewhat uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
I've never seen the picture of Lanza's gun with the hair stuck in the sight. Don't know why but they're kinda creepy.

I'm no expert on firearms but how does one shoot himself in the back of the head ? People tell me I have long arms and I can't even make that shot.

To be precise, he shot himself in the “lower RIGHT back of the head”. To understand how this can be done try this: Turn your hand upside down in a “salute” style and place the muzzle of your handgun below and behind your right ear pointing diagonally upward. Easy. Even easier if you turn your head to the left.

Oh….DON’T pull the trigger!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't claim to be an expert in ballistics, but something about the bookshelf damage strikes me as odd. The large hole can be explained by a deformed round, having been grossly warped from it's original shape and subsequently tumbling following the impact with the glass. The smaller ones could be from partial fragmentation of the same round. But a 5.56 is really not much larger that a .22 round. It is longer, and more massive, but there is still not a large amount of material there to begin with. Now, it does have a rather large muzzle velocity for it's mass, and copper fragments from the jacket could certainly cause surface peppering. So the actual holes could all have a seemingly valid explanation. Except...
If you look at the closeup of the picture in question, you will see that the bookshelf, like most others these days, is made of pressed particle board, with a printed and textured paper laminate to give it the look of solid wood. To the immediate right of the large hole, you can see some of the underlying particle board exposed where the laminate has been torn away. You can even clearly see the torn edges of the laminate sticking up from the perimeter.
And that's what gives me pause about this image. This is clearly supposed to be the impact site of the round, at it's ENTRY point into the shelf. As for the appearance of the gray marks, I can't give an informed opinion. But I have used old pieces of furniture made of this same material for target practice several times, and I can't recall a single instance of the laminate ripping away, forward, in that fashion. And yes, we were comparing shots closely for accuracy so I did inspect the damage thoroughly. As well as the material being hot, cold, wet and dry.
Again, I am no ballistics expert, but that strikes me as having at least been tampered with before being photographed. Maybe they just tore away the laminate because it was obscuring the hole. I don't know. I never had to do that. But I just wanted to put that out there.
And yes, I was firing. 223 rounds, among others.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: Snarl
No telling. The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge even if the bullet weight isn't much to speak of. I would expect someone considered the fragmentation effects ... but maybe the entry location just didn't get as much attention as the main event.

Did you notice the label below the hole in the magazine rack? Was that finger-print powder applied by an over zealous detective during the forensic examination (remember it's been labeled)?

The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge?You have got to be kidding!Strange as how I can`t get the 5.56 to penetrate auto windshield reliably,yet a 30-06 will go through the glass through the entire interior and through the gas tank and into the ground.Incredibly powerful?Geez!

In fact 5.56 may not penetrate a pad lock, probably wouldn't. Cant even penetrate both sides of a thin automobile fender. Its a flesh round.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join