It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook: Did an AR-15 Do This?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Found this video recently and thought it was worth bringing forward for opinions. This is the first time I've seen this brought up, and I'm hoping someone here might have enough knowledge of firearms to enlighten us as to the validity of this person's theory.

Essentially, the question is whether the gray powdery residue left on the damaged book shelf just inside the front of the school could be evidence that a shotgun breaching round was used to shatter the glass where the shooter(s) entered the school.

If so, the official claim that the AR-15 was used to gain entry comes into question.

For those who are unaware, like I was:

A breaching round or slug-shot is a shotgun shell specially made for the purposes of door breaching. It is typically fired at a range of 6 inches (15 cm) or less, aimed at the hinges or the area between the doorknob and lock and doorjamb, and is designed to destroy the object it hits and then disperse into a relatively harmless powder.

Examples of breaching rounds are:

The US Military M1030 breaching round, a 12 gauge 2¾ inch (70 mm) shell which uses a 40 gram (1.4 ounce) projectile made of powdered steel, bound with wax.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's what the powder from a breaching round looks like:

source

And here's the video wherein the question is put forth:

As I noted above, I'm not very firearm savvy, so I can't really make any strong claims about this. I will say that to my untrained eye the residue on the book shelf at the school and the residue in the other photos look very similar.

I will also divulge the fact that I believe Adam Lanza was set up like a bowling pin, that certain people in positions of authority are fully aware of it and that there has been a cover-up.

Who done it, why and how I can't say. But I feel pretty sure that we've been had in this instance.

Thanks for your input.

edit on -05:00REThuEVpAmerica/ChicagoThu, 04 Sep 2014 20:05:36 -050036 by PREDEVpersona because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:00REThuEVpAmerica/ChicagoThu, 04 Sep 2014 20:06:23 -050023 by PREDEVpersona because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:00REThuEVpAmerica/ChicagoThu, 04 Sep 2014 20:10:31 -050031 by PREDEVpersona because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PREDEVpersona

Good thread SnF

Unfortunately these threads always spell trouble for me.

edit on Rpm90414v08201400000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No a 223 would not do that, the powder or the way the window was busted.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's always a good thing to expose the untruths and outright lies in government sponsored tyranny like SH. The fact that the state police spokesman threatened people not to do their own investigation or try to disagree with anything they said happened, (kind of a dead giveaway)..

And about the breaching round, a .223 wouldn't have done it, plus there were so many conflicting things being cited as fact just like this that it appeared to be an improvisation where the actors make up the words as they go along. With those, almost every sentence spoken were later being changed to fit their newer facts, and then rinse and repeat those even..You could call it "Data Anarchy"

People in government and law enforcement who knowingly contributed to this deception should be hung in a gallows after being convicted of murdering children, but then you would see them all confess in court something else happened to save themselves from the noose.
Perhaps then the people would get the truth.

edit on 4-9-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I also got the same from a 30-6

A hunting rifle....
I own a Mossberg 500 a rem.
A mouser...AR 14.
A contender....,

What's your point..

I personally would never point at what I intend to destroy....
And I never have....

That's a large slug you got there!...

Why.
Sandy is a sore spot for me.....

Kids...
Why!

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
More intriguing information indicating that Sandy Hook was probably not perpetrated by Adam Lanza alone, or at all for that matter. He likely would not have had access to equipment like that. So many inconsistencies in the story. Solid forensic evidence here it seems. Of course the school has long since been destroyed. How convenient. S & F for bringing it forward.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You shouldve posted this in the WEAPONRY FORUM. More members widely discussing weaponry and effects like this. Lots of users and experts there.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
More intriguing information indicating that Sandy Hook was probably not perpetrated by Adam Lanza alone, or at all for that matter. He likely would not have had access to equipment like that. So many inconsistencies in the story. Solid forensic evidence here it seems. Of course the school has long since been destroyed. How convenient. S & F for bringing it forward.

But did his mother not join a range...

Then keep on going?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I find it funny I stopped at sandy...

This pushed me to the edge...
Christ...kids!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

This looks to me like the standard tempered safety glass, it shatters into tiny pieces and very easily falls onto itself opening up a larger hole. I have removed this with a digging bar and a pointed end it didn't make a hole when it shattered it basically fell to the ground about a 36" X 60" section. Having shot a AR many times, if close enough after the initial penetration the gas pressure from the muzzle could do this easily.

If this was laminated tempered safety glass the result would be much different this type of glass is found in something like the window of a car.

The magazine rack is a another can of worms, an AR wouldn't do this in 223 or 308. This I cannot explain. But the glass can be explained from my experience.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No telling. The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge even if the bullet weight isn't much to speak of. I would expect someone considered the fragmentation effects ... but maybe the entry location just didn't get as much attention as the main event.

Did you notice the label below the hole in the magazine rack? Was that finger-print powder applied by an over zealous detective during the forensic examination (remember it's been labeled)?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

But why would the detective be using fingerprint powder on a bullet hole?
I'm no forensic guy but that seems a bit strange.
edit on 9/4/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: oops

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Snarl

But why would the detective be using fingerprint powder on a bullet hole?
I'm no forensic guy but that seems a bit strange.

I'd be saying the same thing, but ... the pressure to perform and the scrutiny everything was under could well have caused overreaction at every level. People are funny creatures and a guy with a fingerprint test kit may have dusted everything just to be on the safe side.

It's good the question is being asked. I think we should not be remiss in hypothesizing potential cause.

Honestly, who would use a breaching round on a pane of glass? LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is that where he gained entry? If it was maybe he shot it a few times to shatter it then knocked it open with the butt stock? But anyways I don't believe a single official statement of the shooting. I think they're lying and covering up important info.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have a little experience in this area. The glass is definitely possible. 5.56 is extremely fast and makes up for being light on the weight side with speed, rough;y 3000 fps. As far as the blown out glass door, there is glass on both sides of the door. I would find that consistent. The impact of the round would basically explode the door and glass would be found on both sides. He was probably using a full metal jacket round, as that is what is most common out there. A hard round will shatter before punching a hole. An example would be shooting a car window with an air rifle. A lead pellet will usually leave a hole. A bb, will usually shatter it. The glass with the huge hole is probably a result of a shatter, and then partial collapse. My first thought was he shot it and then knocked some out and went through it. Just an observation, havent really followed this.
This is breaching round. www.ammunitiondepot.com...
Basically a frangible projectile that will wreck what ever its fired at and break apart.
The wood with the holes and residue is a bit odd. I would say a shotgun did that. Could be a crude explosive device, kinda looks like powder and shrapnel, like it may have gone off right next to it.
ymmv

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You shouldve posted this in the WEAPONRY FORUM. More members widely discussing weaponry and effects like this. Lots of users and experts there.

Didn't realize there was a weaponry forum. Is there any way to move the thread?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Suppose "someone" used a 12 gauge breaching round to gain entry? Thats risky as forensics will bear that out. The forensics we don't have obviously so it is speculative.

Why wouldn't these same "someones" just jimmy the lock for him? Seems that would be much quieter facilitating the "someones" escape.

Here, shhh we'll gain entry for you"…. BLAM!

Doesn't make a lot of tactical sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
No telling. The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge even if the bullet weight isn't much to speak of. I would expect someone considered the fragmentation effects ... but maybe the entry location just didn't get as much attention as the main event.

Did you notice the label below the hole in the magazine rack? Was that finger-print powder applied by an over zealous detective during the forensic examination (remember it's been labeled)?

The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge?You have got to be kidding!Strange as how I can`t get the 5.56 to penetrate auto windshield reliably,yet a 30-06 will go through the glass through the entire interior and through the gas tank and into the ground.Incredibly powerful?Geez!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
To me it looks like the bookshelf is an 'exit' wound. Bullet breaks up and spalls and will make a pattern like that after it hits something solid. Kind of a weird place for it. Makes more sense to me though than someone running around with a shotgun. That would be a weird shotgun pattern that close.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: Snarl

The 5.56 is an incredibly powerful cartridge?You have got to be kidding!Strange as how I can`t get the 5.56 to penetrate auto windshield reliably,yet a 30-06 will go through the glass through the entire interior and through the gas tank and into the ground.Incredibly powerful?Geez!

I'd be amazed if you were firing a 55 gr bullet from a 30-06 cartridge. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join