posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:23 PM
Here is a story in Boston Massachusetts of how a proper non-violent protest is both done and handled
by police. The protest is about the low
minimum wage for fast-food workers. Whether I agree with the demands of the protesters or not is irrelevant for this discussion. What I'd like to
point out is "the other side of the coin" for the interaction between police and protesters. It does happen peacefully, although you'll notice to
coverage is all of about 2 minutes on the local WCVB news. If the protests were more violent, or the police were decked out in para-military kit
riding in on humvees, I'll bet the coverage would be a lot longer than this was.
Link to video on WCVB TV Website
(sorry I cannot embed it
Note a few important items in the video:
- The police are in standard law enforcement uniforms, not para-military "camos"
- The police equipment used is standard police gear and not military surplus
- The protesters are actually non-violent, and are passively resisting
- The protestors are not threatening the police and/or on the verge of a riot
- The officer addressing them is polite and explains that if they do not move in 5 minutes they will be arrested (calmly and without any weapon
- The arrests are done peacefully and with respect between protester and officers
The point I'm trying to make is that not all police interaction needs to be violent. And, folks, it does happen this way more times than many know.
But, unfortunately, the MSM doesn't make any $$ selling advertising time in these type of stories. Why is that you may ask? Because of US, yes
us....the viewers. The majority of viewers, whether you admit it or not, want to see carnage, violence, shouting, and looting. That sells....fluffy
bunny stories don't. So, until we ourselves as viewers stop cheering for the violent stories, and stop being GLUED to the box for them, that is what
will be served to us more than the norm. This gives the impression that this type of interaction never happens...when in reality, it does (more than
I'll be the first to call out an inappropriate conflict between a cop and a citizen. And that DOES happen more than it should. But, I also am not
going to be deluded and led like a sheep by the off-balance "reporting" of the MSM megalith either.
edit on 9/4/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)