It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grim Ebola Prediction: Outbreak Is Unstoppable for Now, MD Says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Just to clarify my position on the matter of this current Ebola Zaire strain's ability to successfully infect more than just "a few" people in a community in a first world country... I do realize what the conditions are in the affected areas, including their genuine disbelief in Ebola Virus entirely. I didn't mean to imply that we (first world nations) didn't have plenty of money to throw at this problem (but only as soon as it's on our doorstep of course) I simply meant people are nasty.

They touch their asses, pick their noses, wipe their eye crust, scrape out their belly buttons, ear wax, pick scabs, etc and DON'T wash their hands every time. Sometimes they do. Alas, most do not.

I have been cursed with social anxiety disorder and I have a deep distrust of large groups of people. Every time I am in a public setting I have my back to a wall and my eye facing the entry and exit points. I people watch the entire time. They're oblivious but I'm watching. It makes me ever so aware of my own habits that I often seem like a germophobe.

It CAN spread in the US and UK. It just takes a little bit of negligence. One eye scratch. One nose wipe. That's all.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Most Ebola clinics are actually tents - and the mattresses are on the ground. The ground is covered with plastic if they have the materials, which they usually do not.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join