It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grim Ebola Prediction: Outbreak Is Unstoppable for Now, MD Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Not true, check this out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: itsallgonenow

Not true, check this out www.abovetopsecret.com...

I completely agree. I have seen "claims" that colloidal silver would be beneficial, and I would definitely give it a try if I felt threatened by Ebola in the future. But would our Government and WHO recommend or even mention it? No they would not. The average person would not even think about colloidal silver.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

originally posted by: jhn7537
I know this may come off a little somber, but I say bring it... Maybe this world we live in needs a nice "reset".... If I'm apart of that reset, then so be it. Not like me life is great right now anyways....

Seriously??
im assuming you don't have children to say something like that.. The only thing that needs resetting in this world is all the bad people that will happily sit back and let that kind of thing happen.

No children... Just disgusted with the world we live in today. An ugly, selfish, violent place... Just look in every corner of the world and you will find some level of serious dysfunction... Resets aren't always the worst things, not to mention Earth is pushing it's limit for population anyways...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Statisticians are really the greatest fear-mongers of all. Eighteen percent chance of Ebola in the U.S. this month... Tell me, why do we spend time and money calculating these ridiculous numbers instead of spending that time and money DOING something at the source of this "epidemic"?

By "doing", I mean, treating the infected, preventing further infections, and maybe STOPPING travel?

I guess everyone needs a job.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Maybe a bit off topic, but have you EVER seen the number of flights up in the air at any given time?

FlightRadar

Give the link a few seconds to populate; then you can click on any of the little plane icons and get the 'to' and 'from' details.
edit on 3141119pmThursdayf41Thu, 04 Sep 2014 23:41:31 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 4044119pmThursdayf44Thu, 04 Sep 2014 23:44:40 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I know this may come off a little somber, but I say bring it... Maybe this world we live in needs a nice "reset".... If I'm apart of that reset, then so be it. Not like me life is great right now anyways....

The world does need a reset but whether Ebola is the answer I do not know... It wont solve the globalist problem thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Maybe a bit off topic, but have you EVER seen the number of flights up in the air at any given time?

FlightRadar

Give the link a few seconds to populate; then you can click on any of the little plane icons and get the 'to' and 'from' details.

Wow, absolutely amazing the amount of air traffic around the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

good catch. media are not informing the public ...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: stormcell

What does a politically correct corpse look like?

brilliant reply. Wish I could give you more stars.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

Seriously??
im assuming you don't have children to say something like that.. The only thing that needs resetting in this world is all the bad people that will happily sit back and let that kind of thing happen.

No children... Just disgusted with the world we live in today. An ugly, selfish, violent place... Just look in every corner of the world and you will find some level of serious dysfunction... Resets aren't always the worst things, not to mention Earth is pushing it's limit for population anyways...

The Earth isn't overpopulated, we just don't deal with our population efficiently, the governments are too entrenched in Greed and Corruption. We have enough food to feed the world several times over, and if we started filtering sea water, we'd be fine. Vertical farms would do great for this, and there's many different kinds of power sources that could benefit such a system that isn't environmentally damaging. There just needs to be a reset in the global governmental systems and mindset, not the world and those that inhabit it.
edit on V20145505September55Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:55:12 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Why is it that people have this self-destructive impulse, and why would they prefer a blind killer over a decisive one? Were a tyrant to rise up and judge us, deciding who was to live or die based on their merits, we would decry him as cruel and probably racist, yet if a blind killer rises up who kills without prejudice, some consider that a blessing. Idiots. Life is precious beyond measure and we need to be focusing on methods to lead humankind back into a colonial era, that is the true solution to our crisis. Space has more material resources than we can imagine and by unlocking that door, we will create enough prosperity for 10 trillion earths.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This article highlights just exactly why it is now unstoppable:

"They claim they've contacted 96 percent of primary and secondary contacts of the dead doctor, but that doesn't mean those people will stay still to be quarantined," Woodall says. "Allegedly 50 people in contact with the dead doctor have gone into a neighboring state [inside Nigeria]."

"Some will run away," he says. "They don't want to be quarantined. They're scared of being quarantined. So I'm afraid it's going to spread."

A Diplomat Infected A Doctor, As Ebola Spreads In Nigeria

Later on the same study that is in the OPs article and my post in ikonoklast's excellent thread is referenced.

People being people, it will spread juas as quickly when it reaches "the western world" especially if it has become easier to transmit as seems to be the case.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I think we're buying into one person's trauma if we accept his analysis that the epidemic is now unstoppable. Some very qualified people insist that it CAN be stopped, if we pull out everything we've got. I agree.

btw - Nigeria has been pulling one cover-up after another on this issue and seems to have been hiding cases, not just critical information. The fact that Ebola was reported in Lagos back in July has been a concern since then. All reassurance to the contrary.

But as the WHO keeps repeating: "Banning flights and shipping services will not keep Ebola from spreading, but it will keep medical teams from reaching people most in need."

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Do you see all stops being pulled out?

I don't.

I see denial and foot dragging and more stuff like this:

This comes even as a Liberian student was hospitalized and quarantined in Nakuru with Ebola-like symptoms.

Joshua Saka, who was referred to Rift Valley General Hospital from Valley Hospital, sneaked into the country three days ago via Burundi.

Joshua, who is a pupil of Greensteds International School, and his mother had tried to enter Kenya through JKIA from Liberia nine days ago but were denied entry before they flew to Burundi and managed to fly into Kenya on Monday.

Both Jushua and the school nurse who attended to him first have been quarantined and are showing Ebola signs

source

Yes it can be stopped but it doesn't look like they're getting the help they need to stop it.
edit on 5-9-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: link was blank

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
People can finally live out the fantasy of being on The Walking Dead now.

Or maybe its not as bad as the MSM is leading on, just to test reaction for the thing TPTB really want to try.

Things to make you go hmmmmm....

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

"We agreed that whole blood therapies and convalescent serums may be used to treat Ebola virus disease, and that all efforts must be invested in helping affected countries use them safely."
news.yahoo.com...

A Do It Yourself blood bank would be the best insurance.

(Graph at Kindle location 218)

ISBN: 978-0-07-164302-3 MHID: 0-07-164302-8 The material in this eBook also appears in the print version of this title: ISBN: 978-0-07-148567-8, MHID: 0-07-148567-8

Halsey, Colby R.; Jonathan Kibble (2009-01-20). Medical Physiology: The Big Picture: The Big Picture (LANGE The Big Picture) (Kindle Locations 24-25). McGraw-Hill Education. Kindle Edition.

Augment whole blood with isotonic solution like in the movie SHOOTER.

Probably there is a law against having and using your own blood bank.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

Because people who can afford tickets should know to wash their hands and cover their mouths when they sneeze

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hey girl.
....You do know quarantine won't work, right? For starters, check out the Pteropididea fruit bat's range (the one that carries Ebola).

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. This is not cool at all.
They used fuel-air bombs in the movie "Outbreak".
Just saying.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I do worry a bit about ebola coming to our shores - it's only a matter of time, really; if not this outbreak, then the next - in terms of the social-economic impact of a global outbreak, but I'm not so worried about catching it myself because the majority of medical articles I have read regarding ebola paint it as not an easy disease to transmit, when compared to other transmissible illnesses and diseases such as influenza. The main reasons ebola is spreading through the rural areas of Africa is a lack of basic sanitation and the family preparing the dead victims for burial, as well as the blatant ignorance of the people living in the area believing ebola is either a myth, a government conspiracy, or witchcraft.

Should ebola ever pop up in my neighborhood, I'll just hunker down in my house eating canned food for a few weeks until it blows over. No visitors, no family, no one. I might even board up the door to make sure no one 'accidentally' enters, but I digress...

I must admit to part of me actually hoping it becomes a global epidemic and wipes out a good portion of the world population. It's a macabre idea, but I think the human population needs a good sweeping out by mother nature like she used to do before penicillin. Keeps the rest of us in check and not thinking that we actually control everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join